Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As bad as I feel today...is it accurate to say the real test is next week?

NoCalMike

Season isn't over losing to one of the better NFC teams. If we lose to the Rams next week it will be over.

The Seahawks whooped them 28-0. If we can't get a win against the Rams I don't know what I'll do.

We'll either beat the Rams by 7 or fewer or lose to them by 7 or fewer. It's Redskins Football!! If we're ahead we'll play down to their level, if we're down we'll break out of a rut long enough to make it close. We won't be tearing any team a new ******* the way they've played the past few years.

Oh, and the Giants have hardly been an elite team since losing Plax. They've lost 4 of 7 and 2 of the wins were against our sorry ass team.

Every game is a test. As far as I'm concerned, the story of our '08 season was our inability to take seriously our inferior opponents, and it cost us a playoff berth. We're about to find out if we still have that problem.

I can't say this game will be any more of a test than any other game, but it'll be a test for sure.

That's got to be on the coach too. But yeah, the Skins NEED to come out and dominate the Rams. If they do that - I'll be really confused :) I'm not sure what we have right now.

I know you guys say the Giants are "elite", but I didn't see it. The only reason we lost were because of fumbles, INTs, and bad calls by the refs (how many times can NYG false start and hold with no calls?). Also, our D looked like they were just phoning it in and I don't even remember seeing Orakpo.

No the real test is against decent competition not crap teams. Beating the Rams in week 2 won't prove a thing...

On the other hand, one of the hallmarks of winning teams is this: they nearly always beat the teams they are supposed to beat. We are supposed to beat the Rams. It is not only a W but a step back toward respectability should we do so. Ergo, I would argue that beating St. Louis would prove a few things, even if they are somewhat less than definitive.

That's got to be on the coach too. But yeah, the Skins NEED to come out and dominate the Rams. If they do that - I'll be really confused :) I'm not sure what we have right now.

When is the last time the Redskins dominated anybody?

Get real. This isn't Detroit yet but we barely scraped by them last year too.

I cosign to the fullest on this train of thought heres why.

We beat the eagles twice last year but they made the playoffs while we were at home. Why?? beacuse we lost to teams like the rams.You can call the loss a fluke but at the end we couldnt get the job done Yes losing to the giants stings (trust me my lifelong best friend is a giants fan so im gonna here about it till sunday.) We beat the rams like we should and i mean at least by 10 or more points than this loss to the giants becomes one of those divisonal games that just happen. even more so we beat the Rams better yet we run the table till philly and were 6-1 Which this team can and should do. A win against the Eagles and were 7-1 going into the bye even if we split after that were 11-5 and going into the playoffs this is an extreme possibility bordering on likelyhood but it starts next week where we have to beat the teams we should and i dont mean a narrow win i mean a complete and total behind the toolshed whupping.

Moral here divisonal wins and losses happen the person screaming superbowl after the first weeks win is just as much an ass as the person condeming there team after a week one loss. so stay medium and let the season unfold.

When is the last time the Redskins dominated anybody?

Get real. This isn't Detroit yet but we barely scraped by them last year too.

I agree. If we can't dominate the Rams, then we are in for another tough year. To me, next week is a big test for JC and Zorn. Zorn needs to open up the offense and Campbell needs to play with confidence.

The Redskins true test is the coming years. The road to the Superbowl goes through the NFC EAST and the EAST title goes through NEW YORK.

If the Redskins cannot beat NY then they cannot win the division and it really is that simple. Everything they do from here to the next few off seasons should be about finding the players and coaches who perform well against the Giants. Find coaches and teams who bea the Giants, sign them away or trade for them, and then and only then will you have a chance. Lose to the Giants and don't make the playoffs.

Just look at our track record of proven failure.

Oh, and the Giants have hardly been an elite team since losing Plax. They've lost 4 of 7 and 2 of the wins were against our sorry ass team.

If you keep repeating that to yourself maybe someone will believe it. The fact of the matter is that we are better off without Plax, as he was the last of a trio of headcases(Barber/Shockey/Plax). Eli had all offseason to work with our receivers, and he did a great job today showing that he can spread the ball around. There are no "key matchups" anymore because anyone of our young guys can be a deep threat. You don't need big names to win games, just people that have a desire to play.

the real test will be on a monday night.. when we get in that as-s b-i-t-c-h-es! u think we dont remember the salt from last year? we ran thru all 3 qbs in carolina today and you will be no different. trent cole and victor abiamiri are coming to eat!

westbrook probably broke his spine today, mcnabb is out, and campbell isnt delhomme. plus you guys always suck against us because you have no power run game and throwing 75% of the time doesnt work on us.

its a shame we dont get to play you guys 16 times a season.

westbrook probably broke his spine today, mcnabb is out, and campbell isnt delhomme. plus you guys always suck against us because you have no power run game and throwing 75% of the time doesnt work on us.

its a shame we dont get to play you guys 16 times a season.

lol, october 26th my friend then silly posts like this will be but a memory.

the real test will be on a monday night.. when we get in that as-s b-i-t-c-h-es! u think we dont remember the salt from last year? we ran thru all 3 qbs in carolina today and you will be no different. trent cole and victor abiamiri are coming to eat!
lol, october 26th my friend then silly posts like this will be but a memory.

:ciao:

If you keep repeating that to yourself maybe someone will believe it. The fact of the matter is that we are better off without Plax, as he was the last of a trio of headcases(Barber/Shockey/Plax). Eli had all offseason to work with our receivers, and he did a great job today showing that he can spread the ball around. There are no "key matchups" anymore because anyone of our young guys can be a deep threat. You don't need big names to win games, just people that have a desire to play.

I know you're probably too much of a maroon to understand this but, heck, I'll point it out anyway.

Your sig is too big.

:gaintsuck

I admit it, I feel downright awful right now. In the dumps. The Giants seem to control the game the majority of the time. The final score, although close, didn't seem to reflect the reality of the game.

However, as much as I feel bad right now, I must also remind myself that this is about exactly how we all felt last season at this time, and then we ended up at 6-2.

Lets not kid ourselves, the Giants are not a mid-level team, they are currently one of the NFL's elite teams. To me today proved that in Week 1 of the 2009 season we are not ready to defeat the the elite teams of the NFL, but at the same time that doesn't mean our team is necessarily horrible.

Is the true test next week when we play the St. Louis Rams at home? They are currently losing to the Rams 28-0. They are not even what you would call a medicore team. What does that mean to the Redskins?

To me the real test is how we react. Will our team take out it's aggression on a poor.....very poor team or will they struggle to a field goal contest with the Rams?

Week 2 is huge.

I think tests are only relevant when we face the best teams. We will learn and improve by facing these kind of teams. I don't think reacting versus the Rams will be relevant, or enough to turn things around. "Week two is huge" as you said, because we better win this one unless it's going to be pandemonium on ES.

Hail

The truth is every week is the real test. Let's not forget the Redskins beat some good teams at the start of last season and it wasn't until we struggled against the Browns, Rams and Lions that we began to realise how average our team was.

The performance against the Giants was significant but it doesn't condemn us to an awful season. I think the next few games should at least give the offense an opportunity to establish an identity. Whether or not that happens that will tell us a lot more about our team, regardless of the results.

Archived