Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Collins was "48" the last time we beat the Giants

[highlight]JC was holding a clipboard.....and OBVIOUSLY not taking notes[/highlight]

I know, I was cracking up when there was a shot of JC sitting on the bench tonight, looking at Polaroids and he was like :gap::whoknows:

Says the man wanting the 200 year old QB is start. TC isn't Warner or Favre. He is a career backup for a reason.

You're trying to make your point by citing the man who went from bagging groceries ("for a reason," of course) to MVP?

Yeah, I'm convinced now.

Listening to Jason Campbell comment on the game is infuriateing.

Same old "well, you know, we just gotta cut out OUR mistakes. WE have to do a better job. WE need to continue to improve.

Whats with all the WE's and OUR's when its clearly HIM that is fumbling and getting intercepted and not seeing open receivers? He is sooooooooo stupid.

Guarantee you that Zorn will say "When Jason sees the film he'll be kicking himself"

Load of horse hockey.....

TC should have started when Saunders was here. Now, Jason has enough rope to haul in a fat, new contract, or hang himself.

Campbell play today does not warrent a QB change up. I will agree that he needs to stop holding the ball so much. I also beleive Campbell needs better play calling by Zorn because his play calling is to predictable, or he can let Jason call most of the play like Peyton Manning.

Listening to Jason Campbell comment on the game is infuriateing.

Same old "well, you know, we just gotta cut out OUR mistakes. WE have to do a better job. WE need to continue to improve.

Whats with all the WE's and OUR's when its clearly HIM that is fumbling and getting intercepted and not seeing open receivers? He is sooooooooo stupid.

A great leader takes the team and mistakes and blame on his back. Clearly he is not smart enough to even do that much. He might be a nice guy a good guy even but proof today that he is not very smart, some might even say stupid.

Take away that last meaningless drive and TD and not to good.

Except it wasn't meaningless. We got within a TD with 1:30 to go. We recover the onside kick, and we have a chance to win the game. You really can't just arbitarily choose to ignore passes like that. At the end of the game, Jason did precisely what needed to be done for a comeback to be possible.

The primary reason we lost was because our defense didn't force a punt until the 3rd quarter and could not get off of the field. We really didn't have a lot of drives.

Also, almost all the times the JC actually passed, it was in situations where it was obvious that we were going to pass, giving the defense an advantage.

Just because the team stank doesn't mean the QB stank.

That was a terrible performance by the Skins all the way around. They did a half way decent job of controlling the run but still cannot pass defend worth a d*mn. I'm most interested to hear what the Campbell apologists have to say tomorrow. How much longer will they be able to let him throw the ball away and lose games?

Except it wasn't meaningless. We got within a TD with 1:30 to go. We recover the onside kick, and we have a chance to win the game. You really can't just arbitarily choose to ignore passes like that. At the end of the game, Jason did precisely what needed to be done for a comeback to be possible.

The primary reason we lost was because our defense didn't force a punt until the 3rd quarter and could not get off of the field. We really didn't have a lot of drives.

Also, almost all the times the JC actually passed, it was in situations where it was obvious that we were going to pass, giving the defense an advantage.

I will agree that we need to pass more on first and second down. I honestly believe we will live and die by the pass this year. We should just accept the inevitable and allow ourselves to become a passing team.

And JC will be also on another team after this year. I also have hoped and crossed my fingers for him and gave him every previous game before passing judgment but after today we lost the game because of his inability to properly read and react to a defense.

And if he is, that's fine by me. But we have NO ONE on the bench that's going to give us any better chance than JC will. That may mean no chance at all, but it's what we're left with. We didn't get Cutler or Sanchez... So goes life.

Checking down to runs on 3rd and 8

Rolling into the sack instead of stepping up into a pocket(something he's supposedly worked on)

Holding onto the ball too long.

Not even looking to a receiver outside the hash marks in this game.

But yet, you want to laud him for the Cooley td that was against a prevent defense in garbage time??

Ever think about doing stand up comedy??

And if he is, that's fine by me. But we have NO ONE on the bench that's going to give us any better chance than JC will. That may mean no chance at all, but it's what we're left with. We didn't get Cutler or Sanchez... So goes life.

You can only test that assumption by playing another player. Given your assessment of Campbell so far, your input carries less than zero credibility just like all of the other JC groupies.

NY gave them that TD in a prevent D to get the ball back and run out the clock. NY played the odds that were in their favor and chose correctly. If NY had play the same D they did the entire game it probably would have been a pick 6. But the easy money is on they way they went plus the risk of losing another D player to injury is less in prevent because the O is going so hard for the last few min.

Jason Campbell koolaid drinkers will never admit it. after 4 seasons enough is enough. no more bull****. If a QB can't figure it out after 4 seasons he needs to go.

I'm not a JC koolaid drinker in the least. But I'm certainly not a TC koolaid drinker either. That fact that we have so many Redskins "fans" wanting us to start a 40 year old career backup is a sad refelction of out fanbase. We have NOTHING on the bench. I don't know why people are so damn dense.

I'm not a JC koolaid drinker in the least. But I'm certainly not a TC koolaid drinker either. That fact that we have so many Redskins "fans" wanting us to start a 40 year old career backup is a sad refelction of out fanbase. We have NOTHING on the bench. I don't know why people are so damn dense.

It is a sad reflection of our starting QB and his groupies who continue to defend him.

I'm sorry...I don't post a lot and maybe I'm drunk after that game, but I don't really feel like the problem was Campbell....

Campbell 19/26 211 1 1

Manning 20/29 256 1 1

the stats seem pretty even to me against a super bowl winning QB, not to mention the fact that the touchdown that Manning through was not really even the strength of his passing..our D let up that touchdown to Manningham..

You can only test that assumption by playing another player. Given your assessment of Campbell so far, your input carries less than zero credibility just like all of the other JC groupies.

I'm not a JC groupie. I'm not happy with our QB play at all. But I'm not dumb enough to think we have anything better in TC. What's the plan. Put in TC... miss the payoffs or possibly limp in only to get knocked out in the first round? Regardless of who we put in, we're not winning the Superbowl, and we won't lose enough games to get a top 5 pick. So what's the plan genius? Put in ARE? Shoot for worst record?

That is possible but i believe TC with the same opportunities would have done better, at least made fewer mistakes and better decisions. I can live with a QB that makes bad decisions when they take risks because there is the possibility that the risk may pay off, but JC is not smart enought to take the best risk.

Or when Jason checks down to a run when the Giants D stacks the box? :doh:

Didn't that play happen right after one of our ill-advised timeouts?

Wouldn't Zorn have gone through the play and audibles and checkdowns during that timeout?

We blame Campbell for not getting it, for not executing, but look at the puppeteer. Zorn called a bad game and did a horrible coaching job. Campbell, as well as the rest of the Redskins, fell victim to the deficit created by the decider.

Because I think the vast majority of us don't post and come to the board to read interesting material... First game of the damn year, and we have the same big mouths ****ing and moaning. Filling up the entire board with the same tired bull****.

Here's a question for you... Would Todd Collins take us to the Superbowl? Is he our future? If the anser to both questions is NO, then there is no reason to start him. If you were demanding that we start a young stud rookie QB, I might be inclined to agree. But to sit JC simply because you didn't like the results of the first game? That's weak.

here, let's reverse this shall we.

here we are again, year after year. giant wads of cash are shelled out for athletes who can't perform. Our owner thinks he's a maverick and a football genius. An inferior product is presented to us AGAIN that we pay premium for. And year after year with the same result, we have the same stupid, ignorant, homer fans come around and tell us to stop complaining and that this year will be different. Or even better yet that this is a rebuilding year, and we need to be patient. That our QB is a stud who just hasn't settled into his position yet. Never mind that statistically half his career is already over!

Here come the homer fans, regardless of what happens, happy with mediocrity and putting down those who aren't, filling up the board with the same tired old bull**** EXCUSES.

wake up. this isn't about this game, it isn't about this season: this is about every season since 1992. I was 2 years old the last time the skins went to the Superbowl and I'm ****ing tired of spending my entire life waiting for a season that is apparently never going to come. For a team that just doesn't and probably will not exist.

It's apparent that Zorn is not head coaching caliber. It's apparent that Campbell is not NFL starting quality, and yet it will take one if not two whole years for everyone to reach that conclusion.

quite frankly, sir, I'm sick and tired of the bull**** homers like you spew forth as excuses after years upon years of mediocrity.

:mad:

Archived