Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Skins may pursue Jacksonville OT/OG Tony Pashos

3 Rings

It would be an opinion if I were the person who generated the idea and information.

Your flaw in your original post is you say "rumor" then post an opinion without any background as to how it is a rumor.

If you stated "someone with knowledge of the situation" and gave some sort of basis behind the rumor it wouldn't be dogged.

But the way you wrote the OP, its no more than...Mike Vick is from the area and I think the Redskins might sign him....if he is available. :silly:

Your flaw in your original post is you say "rumor" then post an opinion without any background as to how it is a rumor.

If you stated "someone with knowledge of the situation" and gave some sort of basis behind the rumor it wouldn't be dogged.

But the way you wrote the OP, its no more than...Mike Vick is from the area and I think the Redskins might sign him....if he is available. :silly:

My apologies...just looking to pass on some credible info....will know better next time.

My apologies...just looking to pass on some credible info....will know better next time.

Have you said what it was you heard that would make Pashos "likely" to be on the Redskins' radar??...Because I still haven't seen anything in the OP that gives any reason why this is a rumor instead of just casual speculation.

3 Rings, you should've stated what you just did about how "...one of the people that I regularly try to keep in touch with has some knowledge of the situation" in the original post. No one is trying to wipe their feet with you, but that is not how you go about making a rumor thread. You had absolutely no basis for what you were saying and didn't even mention an anonymous source.

Lighten up my man. :)

3 Rings, you should've stated what you just did about how "...one of the people that I regularly try to keep in touch with has some knowledge of the situation" in the original post. No one is trying to wipe their feet with you, but that is not how you go about making a rumor thread. You had absolutely no basis for what you were saying and didn't even mention an anonymous source.

Lighten up my man. :)

I'm still trying to figure out what "situation" that person has knowledge of lol...is it the knowledge that Pashos might be released??...Or is the the knowledge of the Skins interest in him??...Or is it both...????

I'm still trying to figure out what "situation" that person has knowledge of lol...is it the knowledge that Pashos might be released??...Or is the the knowledge of the Skins interest in him??...Or is it both...????

lol, I know... but had he at least threw that little nugget in there, the title would've been justified. Even though the rumor would still be extremely weak, and not worthy of following, he could at least label it as one.

3 rings, care to explain this so-called "situation" you're referring to further? We're all ears. :)

so we are going to take him as an expensive backup?

This sounds a little too good to be true. I'd love to get him if we can because we have nothing behind Heyer and Samuels. Cost shouldn't hold Snyder back from getting a backup tackle. That is seriously the one position on the roster that could end up screwing us over from making the playoffs if the starter goes down. Given the recent injury history of Heyer and Samuels, I'm sweating bullets knowing that Mike Williams is next to go in the game.

And then watch people complain because we neglected position _________.

Actually, at this point with such uncertainty about Samuels's longevity (NOT forcing him out, just preparing for his journey towards retirement) and right tackle in general, I wouldn't mind that. I know that this class isn't nearly as tackle heavy, but I would honestly not mind looking at a linebacker and three or four offensive lineman, tackles included, for next year.

This sounds a little too good to be true. I'd love to get him if we can because we have nothing behind Heyer and Samuels. Cost shouldn't hold Snyder back from getting a backup tackle. That is seriously the one position on the roster that could end up screwing us over from making the playoffs if the starter goes down. Given the recent injury history of Heyer and Samuels, I'm sweating bullets knowing that Mike Williams is next to go in the game.

Agreed. Give this man a one-year deal yesterday.

Actually, at this point with such uncertainty about Samuels's longevity (NOT forcing him out, just preparing for his journey towards retirement) and right tackle in general, I wouldn't mind that. I know that this class isn't nearly as tackle heavy, but I would honestly not mind looking at a linebacker and three or four offensive lineman, tackles included, for next year.

It all depends on the underclassmen who decide to declare. If guys like Bulaga and Anthony Davis decide to come out early, then the class will be as deep as last years with more quality in the late first and second round. It would absolutely kick ass to be able to draft a guy like Bulaga in the first and then a RT prospect like Ciron Black in the second. It would go a loooong way towards making our OL look promising again.

Next year's class will be tremdously strong. No matter which way we decide to go, we should have lots of great options.

. Thnx 4 any lil info u can give. Don't worry bout this so called fans who think that just cause they post on here 50 times a day that they know more than every one else and stomp on any rumor that they didn't post or find out about first. They're just a bunch of pocket protecter wearing,frontoffice hating,no girl friend having nerds and this web sites all they have. They do break news fast so that's why I keep comin back!

I've looked over the cuts from all the teams, and Pashos makes the most sense for us. The only other tackle of consequence to be cut is McIntosh from KC. Pashos has had a much better career so far. We should make the push for Pashos, I hope. Then we keep Pashos, Rinehart, Montgomery, M Williams, and E. Williams. Batiste goes to the PS. I'd rather cut M. Williams, but that seems out of the realm of possibility.

And then watch people complain because we neglected position _________.

I don't think so since o-line is the only position we have neglected over the past couple years. Defense is pretty much set. We got some receivers and TEs, Mason made the team, so the only place we never really went after hard was the o-line. Dock was nice, but using a couple picks on a guard that doesn't look very good and an UDFA isn't enough. We need to invest some picks and money into adding some quality youth into the line. Even if the line does well this year, it's time to look for future replacements for Samuels, Rabach, Thomas and maybe still Heyer. Pashos would make me feel better about depth.

Pashos is better than Heyer. He's a much better run blocker and almost as good a pass protector.

I'd say bring him in as a starter and have Heyer backup both tackle positions.

nice idea, but pashos really doesn't know our schemes as of now... i think we bring him on a 1 year contract to keep heyer focused on keeping his starting job (and provide a solid backup).... and then take the plunge on some solid oline pickups in the draft

nice idea, but pashos really doesn't know our schemes as of now... i think we bring him on a 1 year contract to keep heyer focused on keeping his starting job (and provide a solid backup).... and then take the plunge on some solid oline pickups in the draft

I should have been more clear. I don't think he could start for us week 1, but given a couple weeks of learning we'd be better off with Pashos starting come October.

I should have been more clear. I don't think he could start for us week 1, but given a couple weeks of learning we'd be better off with Pashos starting come October.

gotcha... i think everyone is in agreement this would be a good pickup... i'm not too trusting of mike williams at this point

Archived