Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Skins may pursue Jacksonville OT/OG Tony Pashos

3 Rings

FYI - and this info will be up on the Drafttek.com site soon too - Jacksonville appears to be ready to move forward with rookie Eben Britton as their starting tackle opposite their top pick, Eugene Monroe, who will likely be named the starter this week at LT. If this is the case, OT Tony Pashos, who also has been effective in situational play at OG for the Jags, may become expendable. Pashos carries a pretty big price tag for a backup lineman and the Jags failed to negotiate an extension with him last season. This likely precipitated the drafting of two OT's at the top of the draft for Jacksonville. Pashos reportedly has some ties to the area and, if he becomes available, will likely be on the Skins' radar.

What I'm told is that, unless he renogotiates to count less against the cap (which likely will not happen) he will be let go. I don't have any information to suggest that the Skins will make a trade. They likely won't have to. The Bears and the Lions are potential landing spots for Pashos as well. Pashos is from Ill and played his college ball there.

well I predicted earlier today that we waiting to pick up ONE and only one offensive lineman. On a thread somebody had predicted the Skins were going to pick up a bunch of linemen but I knew that was rediculous because our starters are already picked and no team that wants to be a playoff contender can just go out and rebuild an offensive line during week one of the regular season. You can add as a result of injury but you cannot do wholesale training.

whether we get this guy or someone else the Skins sure do need somebody with experience and even if they have to trade for one they need to make it a priority BEFORE an injury occurs, not AFTER an injury occurs.

Not the worst idea. I remember I signed him in Madden a couple years ago and he played well. ;)

Seriously though, he's familiar with this area, he's relatively young, has starting experience and seemed to be pushed out to make room for draft picks. I think he can still start, and I heard he played well even as a guard in preseason. I guess this means we won't see Mike Williams around for much longer, which part of me is disappointed about.

He may expensive for a backup, but our backup tackles are cringe inducing. It may be worth it.

Vinny disagrees. He and Zorn think Williams played quite well in the last game with the exception of the one sack. They liked his "push"

If the Skins sign someone, it will be Batiste or Williams from MD to the practice squad....probably Batiste. Mike Williams is not going any where.

well I predicted earlier today that we waiting to pick up ONE and only one offensive lineman. On a thread somebody had predicted the Skins were going to pick up a bunch of linemen but I knew that was rediculous because our starters are already picked and no team that wants to be a playoff contender can just go out and rebuild an offensive line during week one of the regular season. You can add as a result of injury but you cannot do wholesale training.

whether we get this guy or someone else the Skins sure do need somebody with experience and even if they have to trade for one they need to make it a priority BEFORE an injury occurs, not AFTER an injury occurs.

I agree with this thought. I'm not sure Batiste is viable as a tackle at this point. Have we ever gone into a season with one backup at OT? Pashos would be a great choice.

FYI - and this info will be up on the Drafttek.com site soon too - Jacksonville appears to be ready to move forward with rookie Eben Britton as their starting tackle opposite their top pick, Eugene Monroe, who will likely be named the starter this week at LT. If this is the case, OT Tony Pashos, who also has been effective in situational play at OG for the Jags, may become expendable. Pashos carries a pretty big price tag for a backup lineman and the Jags failed to negotiate an extension with him last season. This likely precipitated the drafting of two OT's at the top of the draft for Jacksonville. Pashos reportedly has some ties to the area and, if he becomes available, will likely be on the Skins' radar.

Sorry, but how exactly is this a rumor?? It sounds more like your opinion...

Mike Williams looks to be better suited for backup at RT only. I would be quite worried if Samuels went down and Williams had to protect Campbell's blind side. Pashos might not be a natural LT, but I think he would have a little more quickness than Williams at this point.

I wonder how long it would take Pashos to learn the system? Would it be better to just promote from within despite the low ceiling of the young OTs we currently have?

Levi Jones was another OT that was waived and has never found a home. Are there other OTs that might be better to go after?

Sorry, but how exactly is this a rumor?? It sounds more like your opinion...

It would be an opinion if I were the person who generated the idea and information. As it stands, one of the people that I regularly try to keep in touch with has some knowledge of the situation. As I do not have any personal knowledge, I label this information a rumor. I know you all may not look at the little website I work for on the side as a credible source of info right now, and thats fine. But, I have spent most of the last 2 years making friends and contacts and have always thought I would pass along information to this place first because I am asked to cover the Redskins for the website.

I am also a member here so I know that there is a percentage of people that just want to wipe their feet on anyone that posts for the sheer enjoyment of it.

For everyone, take the info for what it is worth to you right now. Makes no difference to me...and like Mr Gump would say....thats all I have to say about that.

Thanks.

Archived