Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Skins may pursue Jacksonville OT/OG Tony Pashos

3 Rings

Pashos is a 49er now.

Niners Nation says he signed for less @ SF than the Jags offered with their paycut. Although it is a 1 year deal with the Niners and I don't know how long he was offered at Jacksonville so maybe he isn't looking to spend a lot of time anywhere this season.

Might as well forget about the OL folks :)

The organization has tied its season to the health of Samuels and Heyer and in their absence to the ability of Mike Williams to rise up and be a much better player than he was in preseason or in 5 years in the NFL with Buffalo and Jacksonville.

It may seem sad, but in the end it is the one truth about this team and how it has gone about its business in 2009 that is completely illogical.

But there it is.

And another rumor at ES about the Redskins goes down in flames. Burnt toast to be exact.

Truth be told - I was hoping we would sign Pashos.

When I originally read this thread I thought "so the rumor is he's going to be released and based solely on that he's going to be pursued by the Redskins?" Great scoop guy.

Can we make ONE rumor thread? Im so tired of people coming on here and telling everyone that their sister has sex with the janitor at the place where Daniel Snyder's nephew passes by on his way to get his haircut, so we are gonna trade Robert Henson for Tom Brady.

The Stadium is littered with this crap!

Pashos accepted the one year deal with the 49ers and it will be for a bit less than the Jags offer. There, he will only have to unseat OT Adam Snyder (exactly), a 5th year player out of Oregon who hasn't impressed much. He will likely be starting VERY soon....which he likely would not have done with the Skins.

The Redskins DID however make a play at him, with no formal offer made, basically indicating to his agent that they wanted him to be a back up for Heyer and Thomas. His chance for starting would have been next year when he may have potentially been asked to take over for Thomas (esp if Randy goes down again this year). Pashos wants to play and this appears to be the main reason for his decision. This info is NOT from anyone within the Redskins organization...it is from someone who covers the Jags and has a source within the organization.

This tells me 3 things and this part is strictly my own speculation:

1) The Skins are pretty high on Heyer.

2) The Skins are worried about how long R Thomas can keep going.

3) Pashos has no desire to play OG or be a back-up.

again...take all this info for what its worth to you. I'm just trying to pass along info on what I'm getting from people I know that I feel have legit knowledge. I'm not randomly tossing out rumors.

• 3 weeks later...

darn good player in Baltimore and has been a veteran leader on that o-line in jax for a few years now, but was he really worth the cost? who knows.. heyer will get his shot and you all will just have to hope and pray he lives up to the praises..

thats why 90% of the time it never hurts to take an o-lineman in the 1st round.. cough cough Michael Oher..

Vinny disagrees. He and Zorn think Williams played quite well in the last game with the exception of the one sack. They liked his "push"

If the Skins sign someone, it will be Batiste or Williams from MD to the practice squad....probably Batiste. Mike Williams is not going any where.

Archived