Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com now reporting Colt to be put on IR.

bubba9497

http://fans.redskinsrule.com/_Colt-loses-ride/BLOG/640403/54110.html

Hey, folks. ... Early news on roster cut day. I have learned that the Redskins plan to put QB Colt Brennan on the injured reserve list. The popular second-year player has been fighting a nagging hamstring injury that he reaggravated against Jacksonville on Thursday night. An MRI exam revealed a tear of the hamstring. Brennan also has a hip injury. "He could be out for a while with his hamstring," coach Jim Zorn tells me. "He's a guy we need to get rehabbed. For us it's an opportunity to not keep putting a Band-Aid on it." Zorn informed Brennan of the decision on Friday but the planned move came too late to be sent to the NFL by the 4 p.m. ET deadline for transactions. The Redskins would still have to make a decision about whether or not rookie free agent Chase Daniel should be their No. 3 QB or whether he might be released and brought back to the practice squad. Todd Collins is the backup to starter Jason Campbell. The Redskins, like all NFL teams, need to be at 53 players, from the current 75, by 6 p.m. ET.

I'd rather have him completely out of here. Brennans small frame combined with his side arm motion make him a waste to keep on the roster. The potential for batted balls is too high.

dude you are a joke. you talk all this nonsense with nothing to back it up. how many times has colt thrown a batted ball? i think people want colts fan base gone more than they want colt gone and i dont understand why. its a team. cheer for the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/05/colt-brennan-to-injured-reserve/

The good news for Colt Brennan is that he isn't getting a visit from the Turk on Saturday. The bad news is that he isn't going to play at all for the Redskins this season.

Redskins editorial director Larry Weisman reports that the quarterback will be placed on injured reserve after an MRI revealed a torn hamstring. Brennan was forced to leave Thursday night's preseason finale after aggravating the injury, which necessitated the MRI.

"He could be out for a while with his hamstring," coach Jim Zorn told Weisman. "He's a guy we need to get rehabbed. For us it's an opportunity to not keep putting a Band-Aid on it."

Maybe Jessica Simpson's visit to that witch wound up cursing the wrong quarterback?

While Brennan's injury would seem to open the door to a roster spot for rookie Chase Daniel, Weisman reports that they haven't made a determination about his roster status yet.

dude you are a joke. you talk all this nonsense with nothing to back it up. how many times has colt thrown a batted ball? i think people want colts fan base gone more than they want colt gone and i dont understand why. its a team. cheer for the team.

you want to know why we want them gone? because they are doing exactly what you are complaining about:

i hope colt gets cut. im only here cause cb is. honestly im sick of the redskins. :point2sky :dallasuck good luck this year lmao

i think daniel shows more upside and more awareness than colt does at this point... his numbers show it....

i really think that people underestimate how important size is in the nfl. JC and big ben get hit all the time, but because of their size they can go 16. it really is important because you are getting hit by 300 lbs athletic guys all day long and it's not something that you experience in college.

Tell that to Drew Brees.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read yesterday that a player who is put on IR keeps the same contract as when signed in salary and length of contract. If so, in that respect, Colt would only lose practice time.

Yeah, but practice time is kind of important for a 3rd stringer. I don't think any of us are worried about him getting paid.

And c'mon guys, stop saying that CB will have no problems just because some elite QBs (Brees, Kosar, Rivers) have overcome similar ones. CB is not Drew Brees, Bernie Kosar or Philip Rivers. He wasn't even guaranteed to be a 3rd stringer this year.

you want to know why we want them gone? because they are doing exactly what you are complaining about:

yea im totally against comments like that as well but why put down Colt because of it? Are you 5? Come on now. If you call yourself a fan than ignore it and cheer for all members of the team as long as they are members of the team. People try to find things wrong with Colt just to go against his fan base. Its ridiculous. He's a #3 of course he has some flaws still. So does Jason, so does Todd, so does Chase.

Tell that to Drew Brees.

he's one example and does not get hit a lot.

i'm tired of outliers defining peoples arguments. they don't say prototypical qb for nothing.

colt has been injured since he got here. one of the knocks on him coming out of college is that he couldn't hold up because of his lack of size. he hasn't been able to hold up.

he's on IR and not a part of the team this year, so go ahead and take your colt love elsewhere.

Archived