Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com now reporting Colt to be put on IR.

bubba9497

I like the move but I also question colts injuries. He was ok after the game. Is there any penalty from the NFL if they find out we made something out of nothing with Colts hamstring just so we could keep him on IR instead of the roster? I dont want to lose a draft pick being stupid. But Colt sure looked ok being interviewed friday.

I like the move but I also question colts injuries. He was ok after the game. Is there any penalty from the NFL if they find out we made something out of nothing with Colts hamstring just so we could keep him on IR instead of the roster? I dont want to lose a draft pick being stupid. But Colt sure looked ok being interviewed friday.

I think that as long as it's legitimate enough that a player would be placed on the injury list, even if he was listed as probable, then it's okay.

In case you didn't know......

» NFL'S "third-quarterback" rule -- sometimes misunderstood:

Seventeen years ago (1991) the third-quarterback rule was instituted to enable teams to have an emergency quarterback available who was not on the 45-man game-day active roster, since many teams, for strategic purposes, only carried two quarterbacks on their game-day roster.

Everybody thinks they understand the NFL's "third-quarterback" rule. But do they?

The rule states that if a third quarterback is inserted before the fourth quarter, a team's first two quarterbacks cannot be used in the game at any position.

Another aspect of the rule is sometimes misunderstood. It is a coach's decision as to whether a third quarterback will be used.

The active quarterbacks do not have to be injured for a team to use its third quarterback.

Source : http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809f6279&template=with-video&confirm=true

If the league actually investigates it, they won't base anything on how a player looked in an interview lol :)...they'll base it on actual medical knowledge and xrays and all that stuff there. Pretty sure the Skins know the rules and I'm assuming they feel that whatever they're using to base placing Colt on IR is backed up by meical evidence.

Not correct. Somebody needs to read the emergency 3rd QB rule.

i stand (somewhat) corrected.

yes, if it was a permanent switch they'd put colt in. but if collins came out with an injury that they expected him to go back in for they would probably put ARE in for a few plays :)

If the league actually investigates it, they won't base anything on how a player looked in an interview lol :)...they'll base it on actual medical knowledge and xrays and all that stuff there. Pretty sure the Skins know the rules and I'm assuming they feel that whatever they're using to base placing Colt on IR is backed up by meical evidence.

i agree... i really doubt they would do something like this if they couldn't get away with it... i still think there are more moves to come...

i stand (somewhat) corrected.

yes, if it was a permanent switch they'd put colt in. but if collins came out with an injury that they expected him to go back in for they would probably put ARE in for a few plays :)

Uh if we kept 3 qb's on the roster, the third would not be active on gameday. So if JC or Todd went down, the emergency QB El, would step in to play.

There isn't much reason to keep a 3rd QB on the roster imo.

Uh if we kept 3 qb's on the roster, the third would not be active on gameday. So if JC or Todd went down, the emergency QB El, would step in to play.

Uh, the 3rd QB doesn't HAVE to be active on the game-day roster in order to be the emergency QB and be able to play:

...the third-quarterback rule was instituted to enable teams to have an emergency quarterback available who was not on the 45-man game-day active roster, since many teams, for strategic purposes, only carried two quarterbacks on their game-day roster.

Colt is a Redskin. He was not released.

Chase is not the number 3. He is off the team.

This rumor was incorrect.

More taking notes....less attacks?

What's with the hair splitting? Neither of them will get to play and if Daniel clears wavers and goes on the PS, then he'll be the one practicing with the team and not Brennan.

You're looking silly and trying to backtrack like you knew all along Brennan was going to be placed on IR. You aren't fooling anybody.

So Daniel says that the team will PS him if he clears waivers. I wonder how likely that is to happen. A lot of teams are looking for backup QBs but it doesn't seem like that many are in the market for a #3. If we are able to keep Daniel or not, I think the FO made a good low-risk gamble.

Now the question is where that other roster spot is going to go.

Excuse me?

Colt is the number three, and Chase is gone.

heh....fail.

Maybe just take notes next time? :)

Took notes, where does it say Chase is cut?

here are my notes:"The Redskins would still have to make a decision about whether or not rookie free agent Chase Daniel should be the No. 3 QB or whether he might be released and brought back to the practice squad."

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports that the Redskins plan to sign backup QB Chase Daniel to the practice squad, according to a team source. Daniel, who was signed as a rookie free agent, will be among the team’s cuts, but he impressed the coaches with his production, intellect and work ethic in the preseason.

Took notes, where does it say Chase is cut?

here are my notes:"The Redskins would still have to make a decision about whether or not rookie free agent Chase Daniel should be the No. 3 QB or whether he might be released and brought back to the practice squad."

What's with the hair splitting? Neither of them will get to play and if Daniel clears wavers and goes on the PS, then he'll be the one practicing with the team and not Brennan.

You're looking silly and trying to backtrack like you knew all along Brennan was going to be placed on IR. You aren't fooling anybody.

colt doesnt have a number guy. he has an IR next to his name

McD5 got :owned:

Archived