Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com now reporting Colt to be put on IR.

bubba9497

That's a ringing endorsement.

Tomorrow is going to see a global cataclysm triggered by a supercomputer defense system becoming self-aware that causes thousands of years of societal regression where the few remaining humans are forced into hunting-gathering and hiding from the menacing suzerainty of their robotic overlords who are bent on exterminating them -- possibly.

DAMN that Colt Brennan! :mad:

Redskins shelve Brennan, will cut Daniel

LOL

See my post earlier.

Colt and Chase will never be starters in this league.

My prediction is this keeps an extra slot for Marcus Mason, who by the way will be inactive each week and will never be a starter in this league either, OR, the Skins have their eye on a couple of the QB's they expect to be cut....like a Sage Rosenfels.

The Redskins plan to put backup quarterback Colt Brennan on the injured reserve list, Redskins.com’s Larry Weisman has learned.

The popular second-year player has been fighting a nagging hamstring injury that he reaggravated against Jacksonville on Thursday night. An MRI exam revealed a tear of the hamstring. Brennan also has a hip injury.

"He could be out for a while with his hamstring," head coach Jim Zorn told Weisman. "He’s a guy we need to get rehabbed. For us, it’s an opportunity to not keep putting a Band-Aid on it."

Zorn informed Brennan of the decision on Friday but the planned move came too late to be sent to the NFL by the 4 p.m. ET deadline for transactions.

The Redskins would still have to make a decision about whether or not rookie free agent Chase Daniel should be the No. 3 QB or whether he might be released and brought back to the practice squad.

Todd Collins is the primary backup to starter Jason Campbell. The Redskins, like all NFL teams, need to be at 53 players, from the current 75, by 6 p.m. ET.

Brennan struggled through parts of preseason, throwing three interceptions including one that was returned 99 yards for a touchdown.

He finished strong in the preseason finale in Jacksonville, completing 10-of-14 passes for 83 yards and leading the offense on a touchdown drive.

He reaggravated the hamstring injury in the fourth quarter of the game and did not return.

In four preseason games, Brennan completed 23-of-43 passes for 249 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions. He was sacked seven times. His QB rating was 49.5.

Wait, the title claims Chase is #3 QB, but the article says the Skins "would still have to make a decision" on whether or not they're even keeping him lol...

And we need a link :cool:

its changed to uncertain, making the practice squade leaves us NO 3rd string QB. Now I'm really freaking lost.

Too bad for Chase. I like Colt fine too, but it would have been nice if Chase were able to be on this team either practice squad or whatever. Hopefully Colt's knee gets better.

I was hoping we keep them both, feeling Collins will be gone next year.

This doesn't surprise me. Colt has had hip problems, and the hammy takes time to heal ... Just ask Carlos "mr. butterfingers" Rogers who did not play much of the pre-season.

If they do cut Chase, it's clear that he Skins are serious re-evaluating their QB situation. If JC doesn't shine, 2010 I have a feeling we will be drafting multiple QBs.

I don't understand any of this, are we bringing in another 3rd string QB? Or are they making room for one more player to add to the depth chart?

It wouldn't surprise me to see us looking for a viable No. 3 on the waiver wires and hope he could replace Collins at No. 2 next year. Josh Johnson quickly comes to mind, but there could be others.

Archived