Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT: Colt Brennan gets humbled

Rocky52Mc

lol i remember you used to be a huge colt fan didn't you?

Nope, check the Cult of Colt post and you won't see this. I've never been a hater but never been a fan. I am an outward supporter of Daniels and have been for years after living in Columbia, MO and watching the Mizzou Tigers reach number one in the polls. Daniels needs reps but I think that nepatisim rules the day and Colt's given another year because of his ties to Zorn

This isn't a huge surprise, I suppose. When asked at a presser recently Zorn was asked about the whole thing and seemed somewhat disappointed in Colt's progression. He said he had progressed, but that coming into training camp they were hoping it was enough for him to beat out Collins and that definitely didn't happen. That said, I think he will still be the #3 unless he plays like crap tomorrow night and Daniel lights it up. Then the coaches will have a serious issue to decide.

We have had every conceivable type of quarterback on this club since Rypien won our last superbowl. We have had tall ones, short ones, big ones, small ones, bright ones, dumb ones, nice ones and total jerk offs. And every one of them has been severly ridiculed for something they did or didn't do for one reason or another.

Why? Because they were not BIG enough winners.

Colt Brennan has yet to win or lose an NFL game, period! Why the hell are you all in so much of a hurry to run him out of town? The kid clearly has some talent. He just needs more time to develope.

Do you realize that 6th round draft choice, Rypien was on the sidelines during the Skins 1987 superbowl win as a 1st year or rookie player? 4 or 5 years later he was back as MVP. Gibbs was FAMOUS for stashing promising (healthy) players on IR for extended periods while they learned what the hell they were doing because it takes time people, TIME!

Today you want to run Colt out for being ****y and the man hasn't even played a down in a real game. Really?!

Good grief! :doh:

:helmet:

Gibbs was FAMOUS for stashing promising (healthy) players on IR for extended periods while they learned what the hell they were doing because it takes time people, TIME!

Time? I thought QBs were supposed to be Peyton Manning after 2 years tops or we try to run them out of town.

Everything I've known about football is now lost. :(

No, the Cult will tell you that Zorn's coaching made Colt worse and that they should "let him do his thing". :doh:

Or the Hawaii homers who have infected redskins message boards, i cant wait for them to be gone. They act like if we let colt go the other 31 teams will sign him the next day

Hopefully now Brennan knows his place.

If he can have a great game tomorrow, he won't be cut. I have a feeling if Brennan and Daniel tie, Brennan stays.

As a matter of fact, I think even if Daniel slightly beats Brennan, Brennan stays. Daniel would have to completely destroy him.

Why would Daniel have to 'destroy him'. All Daniel would have to do is demonstrate - again - that he has more poise, better decision-making ability, and just as good if not better athletic ability. Chase Daniel is a good quarterback. He is vertically challenged. But he is the type of guy you wouldn't mind calling on to finish a game or even a season if your number one guy went down.

No, the Cult will tell you that Zorn's coaching made Colt worse and that they should "let him do his thing". :doh:

Zorn should let him do his thang

Brennan is a baller...just look at those passes he made in that J-Witt Dogg video...right on the money AT NIGHT :)

Where has Chase Daniel been?

He's been busy throwing twice as many touchdowns as Colt, while three less interceptions than Colt. And since Colt has three interceptions, what does that say about Chase?

We ought to let Chase play three quarters tomorrow. If he comes back to Earth and plays average, take him out early and let Colt play. But if not, we've found our new backup. And he doesn't throw Touchdowns to the other team.

Colt Brennan has yet to win or lose an NFL game, period! Why the hell are you all in so much of a hurry to run him out of town? The kid clearly has some talent. He just needs more time to develope.

Today you want to run Colt out for being ****y and the man hasn't even played a down in a real game. Really?!

This is the same player who we should have started over the far superior Campbell because of all of his success in the preseason.

Now the tides turn, and suddenly he ought to be given time to develop? His, "clear talent," as you called it is clearly a talent for taking stupid sacks instead of throwing the ball away, not to mention the fact that he's thrown as many touchdown passes to the defense as the offense.

If Colt comes out blazing tomorrow, great. We could use our project backup to actually look like at least an average QB. He's already two years into our system, it'd be better to have him than Daniel. But if he fails like he has all preseason, and Daniel triumphs like he has in his limited opportunities, than goodbye Colt, welcome Chase.

Time? I thought QBs were supposed to be Peyton Manning after 2 years tops or we try to run them out of town.

Everything I've known about football is now lost. :(

Only the ones who don't have, "moxie," and aren't out of Hawaii.

The rest can look fantastic in preseason and be expected to start. Until they fail miserably against the same competition, that is when he ought to be given time.

Honestly, unless Colt ****s the bed tomorrow, he will be our #3 going into the season. Despite his good quarter, Chase simply doesn't have enough experience.

I don't think experience is going to be the determining factor. It's going to be who the staff thinks has the best chance to serve as a long-term backup for this franchise at the least. Considering Colt's preseason performance thus far, it might not be him. We'll see though, I'd be very surprised if Brennan was cut.

After all, there's a lot of jersey sales coming from Colt. :D

];6700512']He's been busy throwing twice as many touchdowns as Colt' date=' while three less interceptions than Colt. And since Colt has three interceptions, what does that say about Chase?

He has been on the sideline, doing nothing while Colt plays. Nice and safe over there no chance of making a mistake. Why? If Coach Zorn really is having a competion for the spot what explains not playing Chase? Could it be because Chase is behind in knowing the offense?

We ought to let Chase play three quarters tomorrow. If he comes back to Earth and plays average, take him out early and let Colt play. But if not, we've found our new backup. And he doesn't throw Touchdowns to the other team.

Chase has made what 10 pass attempts? Colt has made 82 atempts and gee golly wow 1 has been intercepted and returned for a TD, well Cancel Christmas.

This is the same player who we should have started over the far superior Campbell because of all of his success in the preseason.

Now the tides turn, and suddenly he ought to be given time to develop? His, "clear talent," as you called it is clearly a talent for taking stupid sacks instead of throwing the ball away, not to mention the fact that he's thrown as many touchdown passes to the defense as the offense.

Now we get to the truth.....JC supporters still angry over last year wanting to get some payback, I for one am sorry to all who got their feelings hurt.

If Colt comes out blazing tomorrow, great. We could use our project backup to actually look like at least an average QB. He's already two years into our system, it'd be better to have him than Daniel. But if he fails like he has all preseason, and Daniel triumphs like he has in his limited opportunities, than goodbye Colt, welcome Chase.

I think he only needs to keep it simple, nothing special.

Only the ones who don't have, "moxie," and aren't out of Hawaii.

This has nothing to do with anything.

The rest can look fantastic in preseason and be expected to start. Until they fail miserably against the same competition, that is when he ought to be given time.

And lastly, Everyone gets time, some more, some less. Stay tuned.

:logo:

He has been on the sideline, doing nothing while Colt plays. Nice and safe over there no chance of making a mistake. Why? If Coach Zorn really is having a competion for the spot what explains not playing Chase? Could it be because Chase is behind in knowing the offense?

Chase has played a FRACTION of the time that Colt has played.

In that small frame, he has played infinitely superior to Colt.

You're logic is pitiful. Colt has done far less with far more time. That only makes him look weaker, and more and more like a failed project.

Now we get to the truth.....JC supporters still angry over last year wanting to get some payback, I for one am sorry to all who got their feelings hurt.

:rolleyes:

You caught me. Forgive me for expecting you to treat everyone to the same standards.

A little humble pie never hurt anyone...

...just their ego.

Seriously, maybe with this little "ego-check" Colt will stop playing like Romo sits to pee. :P

What ego check are you talking about? How do you know he even went through one, other then the fact that his stats got a little worse? The journalist never gave any real insight into this "humbleness." As far as I can tell, the journalist made the whole thing up.

This might be one of the ****tiest articles I've ever read.

What ego check are you talking about? How do you know he even went through one, other then the fact that his stats got a little worse? The journalist never gave any real insight into this "humbleness." As far as I can tell, the journalist made the whole thing up.

This might be one of the ****tiest articles I've ever read.

Dude, seriously, it's PFT.

Grain of salt. Grain of salt.

Take it with a grain of salt.

My part in all of this was merely taking advantage of an opening for a cheap shot.

If you hate the article that much, take it up with the OP, not me.

Honestly, unless Colt ****s the bed tomorrow, he will be our #3 going into the season. Despite his good quarter, Chase simply doesn't have enough experience.

Then why even pick him up? Seriously, if the only thing that will get Colt kicked off the field is throwing 10 INT's tomorrow, then why did we even bring this guy in? If we need PS fodder, we could of just kept Jordan Palmer.

We have had every conceivable type of quarterback on this club since Rypien won our last superbowl. We have had tall ones, short ones, big ones, small ones, bright ones, dumb ones, nice ones and total jerk offs. And every one of them has been severly ridiculed for something they did or didn't do for one reason or another.

Why? Because they were not BIG enough winners.

Do you realize that 6th round draft choice, Rypien was on the sidelines during the Skins 1987 superbowl win as a 1st year or rookie player? 4 or 5 years later he was back as MVP. Gibbs was FAMOUS for stashing promising (healthy) players on IR for extended periods while they learned what the hell they were doing because it takes time people, TIME!

Good grief! :doh:

:helmet:

:applause: Nice post.

Why would Daniel have to 'destroy him'. All Daniel would have to do is demonstrate - again - that he has more poise, better decision-making ability, and just as good if not better athletic ability. Chase Daniel is a good quarterback. He is vertically challenged. But he is the type of guy you wouldn't mind calling on to finish a game or even a season if your number one guy went down.

He's no more vertically challenged than one of the top 3 QB's in the league, Drew Brees.

Archived