Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per PFT: Colt Brennan gets humbled

Rocky52Mc

and after 5yrs, you think campbell is an elite qb or a true nfl starter???
just as u use this as an indicator for brennan to regress...i guess its safe to say that campbell, by past performances, it indicates that campbell will be the same campbell of the past.
brennan played as good or even just a little better than campbell today, dont think anyone can think 10 for 14 is bad.
who has?

the many people who think chase outplayed brennan today and lastweek.

its not like brennan played poorly lastweek or today.

im not a brennan bandwagoneer, or a campbell hater.

i just think collins should be the starter,

campbell a backup,

and the over exegerated poor play of brennan is just that, over exegerated...

if brennan played the entire preseason the way he did today, i think many people would still criticize his mechanics...funny

How to be a troll in just four posts! :doh:

I think alot of you see only what you want to see. Campbell has 5 years to develop, and because Brennen hasn't surpassed him already with 2 PRESEASONS under his belt he's a bum and should be run out of town? Most of the people I know who support Colt to be the starter did so with the understanding that he wouldn't immediatley be perfect, but has more long term potential than Campbell, based on how much more he's done with his limited playing time than Campbell did when he first entered the league. To compare the 2 on equal footing is unfair and plain ignorant. You don't like his fan club? That's really all you've got on this guy? So he's thrown a few more picks this year, I don't see how that undermines all the positive plays hes had in the last two preseasons or why it proves that he won't continue to get better working with this team.

But yeah, keep knocking the guy for trying to move up the depth chart and helping the organization. He's got some nerve for wanting to play in the NFL, who the hell does he think he is?

Just outright delusional, man. Your arguments argue against themselves. From a purely academic perspective, that post was a trainwreck. You want Brennan to start, but you can't compare him to Campbell who is starting? Just, man, wow. Please rewrite it and submit it in the morning.

I'll pretend that I didn't see that.

I think alot of you see only what you want to see. Campbell has 5 years to develop, and because Brennen hasn't surpassed him already with 2 PRESEASONS under his belt he's a bum and should be run out of town? Most of the people I know who support Colt to be the starter did so with the understanding that he wouldn't immediatley be perfect, but has more long term potential than Campbell, based on how much more he's done with his limited playing time than Campbell did when he first entered the league. To compare the 2 on equal footing is unfair and plain ignorant. You don't like his fan club? That's really all you've got on this guy? So he's thrown a few more picks this year, I don't see how that undermines all the positive plays hes had in the last two preseasons or why it proves that he won't continue to get better working with this team.

But yeah, keep knocking the guy for trying to move up the depth chart and helping the organization. He's got some nerve for wanting to play in the NFL, who the hell does he think he is?

Rhodus, ignore Mr. Highhorse above me. I totally agree with you.

Yah Brandon I agree. Its not a question as if Campbell can perform well. He can at times but I'm not one to feel confident in his ability to adapt to how a game is going. By mid season after all the easy games are out the way and we start our tough second half stretch I want to see him still making plays. I dont want to hear cries of our o-line not performing. 3 seconds in this league is enough. You take what you can get.

History has shown very small glimpses of brightness for campbell though never true top level moments.. ever. What is has shown us is that he is not consistent and has a tough time throwing wr slants =P

If hes peforming good enough to win games all season then you keep him starting without any doubt. As for resigning that all depends on how well. If his play comes to a halt and he regresses back to 3 yards passes on 3rd and 4 like last season then its time for new blood. This 5 year project is coming to an end and its either going gold or going to the scrap yard. (lame i know) =(

the only question left now regarding our QB situation is, how will campbell perform up until the bye week, and can he continue to throw the ball downfield and be successful at it?

history says no, so all we can do is wait, and hope he gets pulled for someone else if hes not performing.

I don't understand your post? JC has regressed over the years?

I don't understand your post? JC has regressed over the years?

I don't see anywhere where he said that or even implied that. To regress IMO you need to have progressed. Wouldn't exactly call him an example of progress. I had more faith in him after his first season starting games then I did after the end of this past season.

As for preseason I take it with a grain of salt. He's played well, not amazing. We tend to forget what amazing play looks like since we never see it that we call average play great and good play awesome or amazing. He has played well but so did chase daniels against 4th string players in week 2.

The only way anyone can really judge who the best qb is is if all qbs go to play the same level talent with the same level talent. The difference between our starting O-line and our backups is so different its give anyone behind the backup line a huge disadvantage. I can guarantee you that Jason would look just as bad or worse then Brennan and Daniels behind the backup line. I don't think you can argue otherwise. If you know what Jason's strengths and weaknesses are you know a bad line or even average is what hinders him more then anything.

I don't see anywhere where he said that or even implied that. To regress IMO you need to have progressed. Wouldn't exactly call him an example of progress. I had more faith in him after his rookie season then I did after the end of this past season.

"and can he continue to throw the ball downfield and be successful at it?

history says no"

I wish I could do this verbally so I could speak slowly, but here we are:

can he continue to throw the ball downfield and be successful

this is saying he is throwing the ball downfield sucessfully.

history says no"

This is saying that, in the past he has regressed.

I had more faith in him after his rookie season then I did after the end of this past season

I couldn't care less, you're basing this off of a hater menatilty, not JC's performance.

As for preseason I take it with a grain of salt. He's played well, not amazing. We tend to forget what amazing play looks like since we never see it ...

How did his numbers compare to Tom Brady?

"and can he continue to throw the ball downfield and be successful at it?

history says no"

I wish I could do this verbally so I could speak slowly, but here we are:

can he continue to throw the ball downfield and be successful

this is saying he is throwing the ball downfield sucessfully.

history says no"

This is saying that, in the past he has regressed.

I had more faith in him after his rookie season then I did after the end of this past season

I couldn't care less, you're basing this off of a hater menatilty, not JC's performance.

As for preseason I take it with a grain of salt. He's played well, not amazing. We tend to forget what amazing play looks like since we never see it ...

How did his numbers compare to Tom Brady?

His #s could have been 100 times better. Its preason. It is not hater mentality it is my actual gut feeling. Before THIS preseason my confidence in jason slowly dwindled over the years because of his performance on field. This preseason makes me happy inside because I would love Jason to play great but 2 preseason games where the only time he was successful was mid to deep with little pass rush vs the rest of the career has me apprehensive.

As for throwing down field successfully that doesnt mean he progressed. That is your assumption. If a pattern develops over time then, just because you are at the high moment of that patten, it does not mean you are at a period of progression. He needs to break the pattern for the positive to be considered on an incline.

How do you justify QB's with Wins and Losses even if the team loses its the QB. The only position on a football team that has a stat for wins and losses is the QB. I think that is why people are so hard on Campbell as he is not an elite QB he has put up the same numbers as alot of other QB's who are considered great QB's example Eli, Flacco etc... The difference is they won and he didn't...... If you look at last year Campbell could have 4 more wins to his record if it weren't for Def and Fumbles or misses FG's. If we had won those games we would not be talking about him.

How do you justify QB's with Wins and Losses even if the team loses its the QB. The only position on a football team that has a stat for wins and losses is the QB. I think that is why people are so hard on Campbell as he is not an elite QB he has put up the same numbers as alot of other QB's who are considered great QB's example Eli, Flacco etc... The difference is they won and he didn't...... If you look at last year Campbell could have 4 more wins to his record if it weren't for Def and Fumbles or misses FG's. If we had won those games we would not be talking about him.

Most people I know think Eli is terribly overrated. He is very inaccurate and hes been surrounded by a good team that could have gone with another average qb behind that line. Eli has a ring because of the luckiest play in the history of the NFL. Everything went wrong for the pats and everything went right for the giants. There was 2 sure interceptions dropped by the pats D alone on the last drive.

As for flacco hes got poise and has the playmaking mentality like Ben Roflsburger. Difference is TD's. Thats all it is. Campbell has proved nothing but suck in the redzone. When the field is spread he can deliver the ball but the tighter the defense gets and the quicker he needs to react and throw the worse he does. I like flacco because he has some of that IT. Whatever it is he has it. Maybe not a ton but enough to be noticeable. I think it's the understanding on every play how important each play is.

Jason plays with the same attitude on 1st down till the end of the game. It would hard to tell if he was playing preseason or at the end of the season for a playoff spot. I guess it is emotion, something eli lacks as well. A general understanding of the importance of what is going on and knowing you have the ability to control it and will.

But like I said JC doesn't have control over the fumbles and Defense. I think JC gets to much blame. He is a top 15 QB not top 5. But because he follows what the coaches want to do when it doesn't work he gets the blame. It's not his fault if a WR only runs 5 yards when we need 6. It's not his fault when we don't send WR's deep to spread the field. I looked at the games last year and we would have WR's in the same spce most of the time noone would run beyond 20 yards. Why I think he is responsible on some of his reads as far as recognizing what the defense is doing. He is not responsible for having the most dropped passes in the nfl. Look at tonights game the Randle El pass, just like he Eli play in the SB it was the WR that made that play. How many spectacular catches can you remember our WR making.

Are we talking about Jason on the Colt thread again???

(sigh)

What I like is that Coach Zorn is giving Jason plays that suit his strengths. He did the same with Colt and Chase. My confidence level goes way up when I see the coach making schemes that fit the strengths of all his players.

He's creating a real offense for the team- fitting the round pegs into the round holes, etc. I think all the QB's will be better leaders when everyone from Coach Zorn down is in sync.

THAT give me optimism for a breakout year for the Redskins!

If you can't support either of those claims,then you better edit that comment out of there right now. That kind of thing will not be tolerated here.

i'm sorry, am I not allowed to express my belief???

are you going to go around and make everyone empirically prove their opinion?

it's not a wild claim. it's a pretty logical deduction actually.

i'm sorry, am I not allowed to express my belief???

are you going to go around and make everyone empirically prove their opinion?

it's not a wild claim. it's a pretty logical deduction actually.

Yes you are,but when charges of racism are involved,you should,(as anyone else should),be able to support that accusation with facts. It's a very serious charge and when leveled at anyone,should be presented with facts and logic. Not simply thrown and stuck on the wall,(I hesitate to even allow that,because "facts" and "logic" in these cases are generally subjective).You failed miserably on that account. Also,referring to any group of people as "retarded"for anything isn't something that is looked upon too kindly here,(these are also the same people you charged with being racists). Up your game.

His #s could have been 100 times better. Its preason. It is not hater mentality it is my actual gut feeling. Before THIS preseason my confidence in jason slowly dwindled over the years because of his performance on field. This preseason makes me happy inside because I would love Jason to play great but 2 preseason games where the only time he was successful was mid to deep with little pass rush vs the rest of the career has me apprehensive.

As for throwing down field successfully that doesnt mean he progressed. That is your assumption. If a pattern develops over time then, just because you are at the high moment of that patten, it does not mean you are at a period of progression. He needs to break the pattern for the positive to be considered on an incline.

And your gut feeling is worth NOTHING!!!!!! Put down the Haterade and root for your friggin team:doh:

Archived