Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Aldridge really have a shot

l!ghtbringr

I know most people if they are on one of the double's bandwagon's it's Marcus Mason or Dominique Dorsey but does Anthony Aldridge have an outside shot to make the roster?

I don't know if he just looked impressive because of the competition he was facing or if he really was a gem find for Denver last year who simply got cut during the regime change but he looked like the spark plug little dynamite guy we were chanting about finding in the off-season.

Anyone else have him as a candidate for making the roster after tonight or is he still practice squad material? (if he's even eligible for that i dunno)

and as a sidenote, anyone looking for some good karma or a chance to do your good deed of the day check out this thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?p=6684978#post6684978

shameless plug i know but it's all for a good cause.

I think his best bet is as a RB but if he would make it it would be as a 4th RB behind Betts and either Rock or Mason(who deserves it). A 4th RB would never see the field. As far as Dorsey his part would be as a KR/PR. He would be utilized better with his talent. I think its a better case to keep Dorsey over Alridge. But both are impressive.

he'll need to break a huge run or kick return for a TD if he wants to make the FO think about him some more. Guy has been hurt for most of the preseason so the way I see it, this upcoming game is his last shot to make a strong case for himself.

I don't think that Aldridge makes this team. I think that the coaches are really giving Mason a lot of opportunities to make this squad after coming so close in years past. Zorn is on a short leash this year and he has to trust people that know his system. I think that Mason knows the system well enough and has executed really well thus far.

Nothing against Aldridge, but he hasn't shown enough and I don't think that the coaches are willing to give this guy a spot who has not really broken away from Mason in performance. Both Mason's and Aldridge's performances were about the same overall, but mason did score tonight at the goal line against the first string. A feat that even Betts failed to accomplish last week. I think that Mason will be on and Aldridge practice squad.

I think there may be some surprise cuts this year. honestly, if we kept Mason instead of Betts, Alridge instead of Rock, and had DT run back KO's, would anybody be that stunned? RB and LB have become the positions to follow since Marko Mitchell seems to have locked up the #5 receiver spot.

I think there may be some surprise cuts this year. honestly, if we kept Mason instead of Betts, Alridge instead of Rock, and had DT run back KO's, would anybody be that stunned? RB and LB have become the positions to follow since Marko Mitchell seems to have locked up the #5 receiver spot.

It would also enable us to use DT in some way considering he is the #4 WR right now.

I don't think that Aldridge makes this team. I think that the coaches are really giving Mason a lot of opportunities to make this squad after coming so close in years past. Zorn is on a short leash this year and he has to trust people that know his system. I think that Mason knows the system well enough and has executed really well thus far.

Nothing against Aldridge, but he hasn't shown enough and I don't think that the coaches are willing to give this guy a spot who has not really broken away from Mason in performance. Both Mason's and Aldridge's performances were about the same overall, but mason did score tonight at the goal line against the first string. A feat that even Betts failed to accomplish last week. I think that Mason will be on and Aldridge practice squad.

Exactly, Zorn on a short leash so he needs the best athlete on the team that knows the system and execute. Mason does not show me any type of a homerun threat. A good solid player but nothing special and looking at teams with two back systems, they all seem to have that homerun threat that the Skins just do not have.

Zero. He's not a better running back then Betts or Portis, or a better special teams player then rock. Mason is off the chain, but you rarely see him make any special teams plays. That's a no go for the number 4 running back, given special teams is what would keep them on the team. If anyone takes that #4 spot, it'll be Dorsey. Him, Rock, and DT as return men make sense and looks to be some what effective (both rock and Dorsey are better at returning kicks or punts then Betts or ARE).

I think if he makes an impression in the last game, he will end up on the PS. Unfortunately, I think he's lost too much time to make the roster this year, but I think they might keep him around to simulate Brian Westbrook and other nifty backs like that.

then what would Byron Westbrook do during practice?:silly:

If they will keep him around for this first cut, then yes he will have a shot. The kid is better then Dorsey and Mason, and they have been doing pretty dayum good lately. I'm just afraid were going to get rid of him before he proves what he can really do :(

If anything then put him on the practice squad, because we will end up regretting getting rid of this guy.

I say you keep Aldridge. Mason is a nice runner, but nice runners are a dime a dozen. Aldridge is the homerun threat. He has the kind of speed you don't see everyday.

And he showed tonight he could use it.

But how is Aldridge's vision? Mason seems to have nice vision. If Aldridge doesn't have vision, then speed isn't too important.

Archived