Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com's Jason Campbell highlights

TigerSkins

Wow. You Campbell haters are absolutely unreal. Just... wow!

JC had a terrific game tonight. We went head to head against an offense that holds just about every offensive single season record imaginable and walked away with the same amount of points as they did at the end of our half. Yet, you guys are still clinging to hope as your savior Colt Brennan throws ANOTHER interception on the 1 yard line, only this time to have it taken back for 6. ect.....

Your best bet is to use some discretion and just leave out the stuff between unreal and wow,(example provided above). "Just sayin."

Bottom line Campbell haters- if you're rooting for your team's clear cut starting QB to fail, it's time to find a new team to root for.

JC looked great tonight- his only miss was that bomb to Moss, but as I think someone pointed out earlier, he was hit as he threw it. First half, we tied arguably the NFL's best team's starters 17-17...way to go, Jason:logo:

So just so I have all of the things wrong with Campbell's game tonight

- JC didn't throw a TD

- Missed Moss deep

- Had other bad throws

- Talked threw his nose in an interview

- Had an elite Oline

- didn't tuck his shirt in one play (expect a fine buddy)

- Stole someone's girl in the 6th grade (I'm not gonna out him on this board)

- Isn't Colt Brennan

anything else

So just so I have all of the things wrong with Campbell's game tonight

- JC didn't throw a TD

- Missed Moss deep

- Had other bad throws

- Talked threw his nose in an interview

- Had an elite Oline

- didn't tuck his shirt in one play (expect a fine buddy)

- Stole someone's girl in the 6th grade (I'm not gonna out him on this board)

- Isn't Colt Brennan

anything else

You forgot, Jason's shoes weren't tied correctly.

great game for JC...he needed it tonight, otherwise he would've felt way more heat...disappointed that he missed Moss on the deep ball since he missed one last week, those open passes need to be completed since they are huge plays...overall, he looked great tonight

disappointed with Zorn's time management right before half...he needed to call the TO after the 1st down, we ended up settling for the FG on 3rd down b/c we ran out of time

I can just picture all of the people here who want to have Colt Brennan's babies drooling over their keyboards before that 3rd down completion to Moss. To be fair as of right now we know nothing new about JC and the offense. They can move up and down the field and they can also make you want to put your fist through a wall. Not crowning anyone yet, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If it takes you one pre-season game to burry him you also have to give him credit when he performs well in the same setting. I wasn't aware of the pre-season only matters when Campbell plays poorly rule.

Where are the haters?

:rotflmao:

Jason finally plays halfway decent, and all of a sudden, the haters have nothing to poke at? Maybe you should post that comment again when he actually throws a TD pass, which he still hasnt done this preseason, and takes us to a winning record, which he hasn't done since he came into the league.

Hoorah! our QB puts it together. There was a period in the 1st quarter where we sucked I have to say with a bunch of 3 and outs and I would ike to hear the coaches regarding what adjustments they made as suddenly Campbell and the receivers started making play after play.

I ddnt see the whole of the game, just the first half (well it was 3am here!), but i dont agree with Zorn regarding a good O line performance. During the series of 3 and out Campbell was running for his life. Difficult to criticise the QB when he is faced with a bunch of plays like that. That hit near half time on the goal line pass really hurt him.

CP was a concern and our D couldnt stop the Brady-Moss link up. Those two are top grade opposing players but where the O found a way in the first half the D didnt.

. :doh:...This knee-jerk negativity towards Campbell by some of you guys is embarrassing.

ain't it the truth :chair:

it is just a pre-season game, and while impressive against a good team, it still isn't a true barometer of Campbell's upcoming season

that said......

it was a better reflection of what Campbell can do than his two previous games....more playing time, actual game planning by both teams, national spot light

anyone who went off about JC's last weeks 1-7, and then this week, post anything less than a glowing review of his play tonight.... is a coward, showing themselves to have an agenda against Campbell and his supporters.

I guess we watched different games.

He had a TD nullified because of a mugging/penalty in the endzone.

don't forget the one Kelly didn't turn around for in the end zone, if he had turned to face JC like was suppose to,..... it's a td

But, you say potato and I say potaato.

he says potato, we say "eat crow" :D

There was a period in the 1st quarter where we sucked I have to say with a bunch of 3 and outs and I would ike to hear the coaches regarding what adjustments they made as suddenly Campbell and the receivers started making play after play.

Since it wasn't a real game it could have just been Belichick trying to get his DB's to cover with a vanilla defense. You could say the same thing about our defense too.

At least Campbell made some plays. I'm more interested what he will do when faced with a pass rush in the Giants game. Hopefully he makes better decisions than the 2nd half of last year. If not it may only be a matter of a few weeks before we see Collins.

Someone explain to me all the love here. He threw 0 TD's for the 3rd straight game. He miss a wide open Santana for a TD that a borderline retard could have hit. Moss dropped a 3rd down pass, but it was way behind him. Hit him in stride and it is a big play. He still should have caught it, but it was a terrible pass.

Right. He only ran for a TD on a drive that he sustained with two excellent throws.

Seriously, I spend more time defending Colt around here than I do defending JC (because I believe the criticism is unbalanced), but comments like this are just inane.

Since it wasn't a real game it could have just been Belichick trying to get his DB's to cover with a vanilla defense. You could say the same thing about our defense too.

At least Campbell made some plays. I'm more interested what he will do when faced with a pass rush in the Giants game. Hopefully he makes better decisions than the 2nd half of last year. If not it may only be a matter of a few weeks before we see Collins.

yeah thats the caveat with all of this, a pre-season try out game. Was the pass to Cooley a great call by us or NE trying a cover that was just plain wrong but they went with it anyway? (the TV replay of that play even had me looking at the coverage and thinking wtf!). Bottom line, our QB got some things going so lets keep doing that! :logo:

Another thought, since Campbell went the first half, and Colt went the whole second, Will it be Campbell/Chase next week? And if so, if i were a Colt fan i would worry, i have a feeling (just a prediction) Chase is going to embarrass Colt..

Totally agree :yes:...I was actually more impressed with Devin Thomas tonight than Malcolm Kelly (although I was happy with Kelly as well).

This is what I was thinking. It really was a plus for Campbell's performance, but it was awesome to see Thomas hit his route real hard. I really liked seeing these guys step up (Kelly a little too) we needed to see this by them. Cause if a team shuts Moss down its a pleasure noticing that these guys are capable of playmaking also whereas they weren't there last year. Causing Campbell to only really having Cooley and Moss last year!

Yes. Did you? Candle missed on a TD that a retard could have thrown. Brady shredded our D. 2 TD's in one half of work. I honestly hope you are 12 years old.

So if you had Randy Moss on your team, I think you could go over the top like that. Again, JC outplayed Brady. So what if he missed that TD to Santana. If you know the history between DeAngelo Hall and Randy Moss, Moss owns Hall hands down. I wanted that deep TD to, but by him leading the team to 17 points in the half vs the Pats, with their first team playing the whole 1st half, I think we could of won this game, had it been a reg. season game. How about cutting the Candle crap, and supporting your team no matter who is the QB.

Jason! Liked the highlights a lot, I seriously hope that he can shut everybody up.

Absolutely....and I'm one of those guys.

I've always been a fan of his and worn his jersey with pride, but in the past year I've really felt he's not the future for us.

It's just preseason, but if he can continue the confident play and quick decision-making of last night, he's definitely going to prove me wrong :)

Archived