Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn believes we can run to both sides this year.

The Full Monty

Taken from a quote in this morning's Washington Examiner article:

Heyer’s pass protection should be fine; they need him to run-block better than last season. The Redskins say so far he is better.

Coach Jim Zorn said he doesn’t feel as if they can only run left, as happened early last season.

“We can go both ways and feel comfortable,” Zorn said.

It may just be positive encouragement, but Zorn has always been known for being straightforward.

Last year, having a running game that aside from middle runs, could only effectively run left, was frustrating as hell. We had other problems obviously, but it's a very basic thing that great running attacks should be able to do.

As much as people harp on our passing attack (including myself), when it's December and the winds are swirling in the Meadowlands or Philly or over at FedEx, we need to be able to rush effectively in all directions.

Show me! I don't expect Zorn to say anything different to the media....straightforward or not.

Amen. I'm not saying we can't do it, I'm just waiting to see it done. Of course the Coach will say things like this. What's he gonna do, announce to the NFL that we won't go right?

Hm, we ran right against the Steelers when CP got near the goal-line:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d81214f22/Redskins-17-Steelers-13

Looked pretty good right there, considering the defense. I wish TXREDSKINS44's bandwidth wasn't exceeded on his highlights thread otherwise I'd just send you the actual drive so we could both look at it.

I think the fact that we took shots deep in game 2 have a big impact on the success of our running game. I don't doubt Heyer's skills at all, but I think that if teams know you're going to run the ball, it becomes that much harder to run on them. Not impossible, but more difficult.

One can only hope TS, both in the play calling, and execution; because as we stand, with little to no down field passing game, it doesn't matter which way we run the darn ball if the opposition D is prepared for the run game being our only offense, ala during the collapse last year.

Hail.

Wow, I'm impressed. Let's throw some TD's, too. Pretty please... ?

I really pray we do this. I'm sitting and hoping that Zorn's just using a limited selection of plays, probably a subset of the ones from last year, in the preseason. I'm hoping that our offense is much more developed than it was. In the Pitt game, when we just ran it 3 times, I was just MADD.

Hm, we ran right against the Steelers when CP got near the goal-line:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d81214f22/Redskins-17-Steelers-13

Looked pretty good right there, considering the defense. I wish TXREDSKINS44's bandwidth wasn't exceeded on his highlights thread otherwise I'd just send you the actual drive so we could both look at it.

Redskins 1st Drive

th_Redskins1stDrive.jpg

Archived