Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There's 1 Roster spot left.. Mitchell or Mason?

BleedinBurgNGold

Mitchell. Easy.

How many injuries have we had to our receivers over the years? First of all, Thomas and Kelly seem to be injured at least 30% of the time they've been on the team (exaggerated maybe, but it gets the point across). Santana Moss has had nagging injuries throughout his career. Randle El is 30 now, so injuries could take longer to recover.

At the RB position, Mason would be solidly 3rd on the depth chart, or as current at #4. Portis and Betts might've had some injuries in the past, but when have we had top 2 RBs go down? With our WRs, we've had to pick up guys off the street like McCardell and Caldwell mainly in response to injuries. Remember when Thrash ended up being our #1 WR due to injuries in 2007 against the Eagles?

Marko Mitchell. You know what you're getting with Mason, I think Mitchell has more upside potential. He's a tall receiver with good hands, and could develop well over the years. When we have Portis and Betts, who needs a RB that can't even contribute on Special Teams?

Tough choice but I think Mitchell is better for what the Skins are trying to accomplish on offense. I do like what the Mason kid brings but he is kind of a smaller version of Portis without the elite pass blocking skills.

Mitchell looks like he could be this years Colston.

:2cents:

I'd be soooo excited if Marko Mitchell made our team. Dude looks just like Randy Moss. I seriously think we wouldnt worry about Kelleys knees anymore cause Marko would be that big target we need if Kelley gets a knee injury.

Also I like Mason a lot but I think Dorsey would fit our team better cause since he wouldnt get many carries he would be a good special teamer. The problem I see with the Skins is we are deep at young talent at RB, WR and our D line is 10 deep. How do we find roster spots for all these guys :) This is a good problem to have.

By next off season we just have to get O Line help in the draft and a couple more LBs. Besides that I think we are SOLID. I am so excited about this season after seeing our D finally pressuring the QB. Our D line was camped out in the back field vrs the steelers but then again the Steelers O line isnt all that great either.

Archived