Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There's 1 Roster spot left.. Mitchell or Mason?

BleedinBurgNGold

One thing about this argument is it's two totally different positions, chances are one won't affect the other.

Well since there are only so many roster spots, one does affect the other in a way. We're definitely keeping 5 WR though, and there is no way we keep 5 RB. portis is a lock, betts is probably a lock based on the coach's comments and much to my chagrine. That leaves at most, two spots to divy up between Dorsey, Mason and Cartright.

I'd keep Portis, Dorsey, Cartright and Mason. Dorsey would be my change of pace back//receiver/3rd down back scatback, Mason would breath portis occasionally and fill in in case of injury, and Betts would remain on KO and punt coverage where he is sorely needed.

Mitchell is definitely my offensive man-crush now.

Well since there are only so many roster spots, one does affect the other in a way. We're definitely keeping 5 WR though, and there is no way we keep 5 RB

Pretty much what i said. I think the coaches like the RB's we have currently too much to let them go yet, unless someone clearly proves in the next two games they can replace one of them. Still I think there is a punt return position available, and im not counting out aldrige yet because he had strong reveiws from many people like shanahan and he looked fast in camp. Dorsey hasn't done bad but he hasn't shown anything to really drool over either. Mason has a very small shot of making this team because all he can do is run the ball, and the team needs more then that.

It depends on what the rest of the roster looked like. I just can't see us carrying fewer than 5 WRs and if it's a question between Mitchell as the 5th receiver and Mason as the 4th RB (therefore only having 4 WRs on the roster) it's a no brainer

OTOH, if we've already got 5 WRs (meaning someone beat Mitchell out for that slot) and it's a question of do we carry Mason as a 4th RB or Mitchell as a 6th WR it's a little tougher. I think we need a speed RB and neither Portis nor Betts is that guy. Mason might be that 3rd down type back who is a home run threat.

it seems like every year we have a decent back lugging the ball through the meaningless parts of the preseason games, and has little to no chance to make the team.

We need a second 6'4" WR much more than a 4 RB that will never get a chance to run the ball. Kelly should not be expected to be healthy all year.

It's Mitchell and it's not even close. The Skins need a big redzone WR bad, and we have an elite RB. Mason doesn't have breakaway speed or bulldozing strength, he runs well between the tackles; however, he's had his chance and has proven he's nothing more than a practice squad player. Mason doesn't play special teams well, and as others have said I would rather have Dorsey because he possess that game breaking speed and can contribute on punt/kick returns.

Archived