Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There's 1 Roster spot left.. Mitchell or Mason?

BleedinBurgNGold

Mitchell without question. He's just what the offense needs in the Red Zone: Cooley, Davis, Kelly, Thomas, Mitchell---5 wide. Let's see a defense beat that.

Or how about about Moss in the slot, Thomas, Mitchell, and Kelly the other three options or goal line with Cooley, Davis, Mitchell and Kelly with Portis and Sellers.

Man oh man the addition that Mitchell could add, as well as starting to fade out ARE!

RED06

Seems much tougher to find a marquee receiver, especially a tall one, and especially for this team as opposed to a good running back. Of course, we are betting on potential here. The players are raving in camp about Mitchell, I have not heard at least yet similar raves about Mason.

Mason's issues I recall last season including picking up blitzes, and playing special teams. With this O line and with what we saw on Saturday of the special teams that might be a problem. Granted Mitchell isn't a special teamer either.

I would go with Mitchell as well, he has shown he can make plays and that's going to be needed if D Thomas doesn't step it up. I believe Kelly is going to be a good one, I'm still waiting for Thomas to do something. But in his defense, we need a better performance out of JC, 1 out of 7 for 10 yards doesn't really give our receivers the chance to make plays.

Not even a question. Marko by a mile. I dont get why the skins keep these guys around. We have no short yardage back and we have no scat back. We have a bunch of 5-10 200-210lb tweeners. Classic example of poor player evaluation. It's almost as if guys like mason slip through the cracks and wind up making the practice squad every year.

Marko Mitchell without a shadow of a doubt.

We've cut Mason plenty before, we won't have any problem doing it again. He went to the Jets, and didn't succeed their either. There's a reason he's not a regular season player, and that's because he doesn't have the skills. Mitchell fits the mold of what we need a whole lot better.

To choose between the two is essentially asking where do you think we are hurting more? I would have to say WR. While Kelly looked good, its only a matter of time before his knees break. Mitchell is going to give us exactly what Kelly will/would with healthy knees. mason is unfortunately going to be the odd man out yet again unless Betts or Rock are cut... and it wont be Betts.

take Mitchell - not even close in my estimation.

1. It's hard to find good WR and it also takes time to develop one. Mitchell is already ahead of the pack on this and has great up-side poential

2. As noted earlier, RBs are a dime a dozen. Mason is a very good RB, but not equal or greater value then WR Mitchell. I would only take Mason over Mitchell if Mason demonstrated potential to be franchise RB (Jim Brown, OJ Simpson, Barry Sanders, etc.), but he isn't. He can't bump any of the existing Skins veteran RBs.

Archived