Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Skins' release Todd Collins?

BleedinBurgNGold

are some people blind. collins thru to all the recievers against ravins and he looked sharp and has led a team to the playoffs 1 long pass from camball to moss in 3 years . when collins came in for camball 2 years ago it was like night and day so u blind redskins fans get glasses

sorry, I can't be called blind when I read (or, try to read) your post and EVERY other word is spelled wrong. You're either a functional retard, or, nearly blind yourself....

Todd Collins lead us to the playoffs a couple years back and we should always be thankful for that. But let's be real. Todd is what? 37? 38? He is down to his last couple seasons in the NFL and most of all.. The skins will owe him $2M this year. With the help we need on our O-Line particularly, would it be a ggood idea to release a reliable backup vet to make room on our roster and run with 3 young QBs? Or have we not seen enough from CB5 to warrant that just yet?

Seriously? I think Collins is cementing his place as the true number 2 QB for the season. Now if we keep losing early there is a chance Colt gets moved to two just to get young players PT if called upon. But to think of just cutting Collins go now seems counterproductive and silly to me.

are some people blind. collins thru to all the recievers against ravins and he looked sharp and has led a team to the playoffs 1 long pass from camball to moss in 3 years . when collins came in for camball 2 years ago it was like night and day so u blind redskins fans get glasses

Hoocd on foniks werked 4 me!

Not this year. Next year maybe, but that depends on what happens this year. You can't have JC backed up by a 2nd year QB in Colt and a rookie in Daniels (unless you plan on bringing in another vet QB as a backup, but then that would defeat the purpose of letting Todd go.)

how can you say that you cant have a 2nd year qb in brennan be a backup when flacco is a starter and is also a 2nd year QB himself...nobody thought flacco would have immediate success, unlike campbell who is still trying to find success.

Collins is still the best quarterback on the team until proven otherwise.

what happened to having a veteran starting QB to lead the team and teach the younger qb's? i dont see the younger qb's to be saying that they are learning from campbell. i dont see any type of veteran leadership coming from campbell...just a guy trying to be as unaggressive as he can be.

how can you say that you cant have a 2nd year qb in brennan be a backup when flacco is a starter and is also a 2nd year QB himself...nobody thought flacco would have immediate success, unlike campbell who is still trying to find success.

Flacco was a 1st day pick, who was expected to start right away. Brennan was a 6th rounder who was viewed by all as a project. I'm not saying he can't start or play in the NFL, I'm saying there are different expctations for Flacco and Matt Ryan than there are for a Colt Brennan or Dennis Dixon.

The NFL is weird. Sanchez, as a first round pick, could be Peyton or he could be Ryan Leaf. Colt could be the next Tom Brady/Matt Cassel (both 6th rounders) or he could wash out like 95% of QBs taken that late in the draft.

Essentially there is no benefit financially from cutting Collins this year. So let him and Colt duke it out for as long as Jason is the starter, and if Colt proves he's got it in year 3, awesome. I'm pulling for the kid. But I'd rather have Collins backing up Jason than Colt right now. Your mileage may vary.

what happened to having a veteran starting QB to lead the team and teach the younger qb's? i dont see the younger qb's to be saying that they are learning from campbell. i dont see any type of veteran leadership coming from campbell...just a guy trying to be as unaggressive as he can be.

Your clearly not listening to the players than... many have stated he is the leader of the team. He isn't aggressive, deal with it. You want a celebrity QB move to Dallas or NY. We have JC, he is solid leader. Look how Cutler lead the Bronco's this offseason.. As far as teaching CB, I'm sure he does but I don't think it is a 3rd year Starters role to teach. That's why we have QB coaches.

He's Aaron Rodgers' backup, had a sharp performance last week.

Flynn does look fantastic. I watched him in a game last season and you could already see he was light-years ahead of Brohm. Just more of the same in their 1st preseason game. He was a real steal for the Packers. Guy is going to be good.

No, who else the Skins have to turn to if Campbell doesn't play well or gets injured. Colt? Can Colt lead the team for the remainder of the season? Maybe but I feel more comfortable with a veteran QB in Collins than Brennan.

I agree. Colt is not ready yet.

That is the way JC has been coddled the past 4 years. So why not continue? By releasing QB's who have proven to be better, JC climbs the depth chart without competition and can maintain his position without being challenged, which is exactly what he wants. Let's give the baby his bottle. We have already wasted 3 years on the guy, what's another in the grand scheme of the disaster that has been his career so far.

:wtf:

Who are these released QBs of which you speak? Ramsey, Brunell? :whoknows:

Your posts used to have logic, now they sound whiney. Oh well.

:helmet: The Rook

We need to give these guys another preseason game before having a better idea of where we are on a grander scale. IMO, Todd was the only QB who looked good in that lifeless game against the ravens.

I think Colt will be fine, he just needs more work with the 1st team like everyone does. Also IMO, Campbell hasn't earned himself a free pass to cruise through preseason with only 1 or 2 series each game. He probably could use the work more than anybody at this point.

Releasing Todd is a brash move that will ultimately cost us...

Yeah, cut his ass and bring back Jeff Rutledge.

He's a young 52 and most importantly, he was the backup during our last great years. During those 3 seasons we won a SB, and made it to the divisional playoffs twice winning 5 postseason games in 3 years. We've won 2 postseason games in the 16 years since. :silly:

Either that or bring back the 46 year old Rypien. Hey, he's only a few years older than Favre, lol. I think Testeverde is about that age now, right? :hysterical:

He also was statistically the best QB in our most recent preseason game, and has done nothing to lose the job to Brennan yet. And you ALWAYS have to have 1 veteran backup.

i guess bellicheck didnt get that memo...

after brady they have a rookie, a two year guy, and a five? year guy in walter thats only played in 12 games in 06, 1 in 07, and 2 in 08.

but really, i agree, need a veteran who has nfl game speed. just playing devils advocate.

Archived