Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Farve? Really? To the Vikings

Koolblue13

Man, I think I'm the only person out there who loves this stuff. Can't wait to see him back on the field, the NFL is better with him. Expect some awesome late season matchups.

I'm with you. I generally prefer "more interesting" to "less interesting". And this certainly makes the NFL more interesting.

Circle weeks 4 & 8 on your calendar, fellas. Although something tells me that the marketing folks in charge of promoting the NFL will remind us when the Packers play the Vikings this season.

Do you think the Skins ever would have signed Emmitt Smith at the end of his career? If they did, do you think the fans would be waiting to be cheering his arrival?

If he was washed up and not his old self, I doubt anyone would really be eager to cheer. If he was still in his prime, I'm sure no one would mind having him on our team.

I can't descibe how much I don't care about this. I have pretty much lost all respect for Brett Favre. He is so selfish and pretentious. How can anyone believe what he says now? I've retired...yeah right you *******. He loves the spotlight. So when he retires after this season, is ESPN going to have a week long Brett Favre tribute? Get the hell out of here.

Which means we can look forward to Favre Watch 2010!!!!! :doh:

Good grief! I won't be able to watch ESPN all spring or summer next year. His attention-craving antics are pathetic. If he doesn't want to retire - fine. Keep playing! I just wish the media would stop thinking that he is the only story out there.

Has anyone else noticed that the word "Really?" has become a new fad phrase if you will? Don't get me wrong, it's always existed, but suddenly, people are using it left and right. Frankly, they sound stupid to me when falling subject to fad phrases. Almost like a grade-schooler.

I'm sorry you don't like the way I type HateYanksDukeCowboysReally.

Twice this week you call me out for my wording. GFY jack ass. Get off my back. I get it, you speak perfect and love Vick.

I said the same thing about Campbell...for him to suffer some kind of injury so that another QB gets on the field and we are able to see what we have.

Now i never wished for it to be career ending or major...and people wanted to ban me...but hey...if its Favre, who cares???

I'm sorry you don't like the way I type HateYanksDukeCowboysReally.

Twice this week you call me out for my wording. GFY jack ass. Get off my back. I get it, you speak perfect and love Vick.

What's ironic is that I didn't even draw the connection that it was you who also dropped the "mancrush" phrase, which I think, makes it doubly worse that you're throwing around catch phrases. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had sought you out.

Do you also drop the occassional "seamless", "robust", & "smackdown" in every day conversation? I will have to remember the "GFY jack ass" phrase, as that appears to be a dynamic argument technique not yet seen or utilized.

Also, what does Vick have to do with anything?

What's wrong with Farve coming back? He was forced out of Green Bay for the anointed one Aaron Rogers. Then he actually leads the Jets to a respectable season even thought they choked in end. They were sorry has crap the year before! People say he's a drama queen well the media makes him a drama queen. They hound every move he makes then they put it on TV 24-7 that's not his fault.

Vikings fans should be thrilled because Sage and Tavarus arn't good QBs. Tavarus is a watered down Mike Vick and Sage is a career backup like Todd Collins. The packers fans are mad but they need to get over it. He made them what they are in the modern era and they dumped him for youth. Teams go decades without finding a franchise QB and they have the nerve to force him out. I hope he sticks it to em!

What's wrong with Farve coming back? He was forced out of Green Bay for the anointed one Aaron Rogers. Then he actually leads the Jets to a respectable season even thought they choked in end. They were sorry has crap the year before! People say he's a drama queen well the media makes him a drama queen. They hound every move he makes then they put it on TV 24-7 that's not his fault.

Lets get it straight, if he had said immediately he wanted to stay, GB would have kept him. He didn't give them enough notice and so they decided that it was Aaron Rodgers' time to prove himself. After they came to that decision is when he changed his mind. GB stuck by their decision to let Rodgers play instead of getting caught up in is inner-battle of whether or not he wants to keep playing.

Green Bay got fed up with Favre. Every offseason was the same nonsense with him. And they don't regret their decision for a second. Rogers is going to be a STUD.

It's also well-known in player circles that Favre's teammates in Green Bay and especially last year in New York weren't too fond of him because he thinks he's above it all. The "Favre is just a regular guy" thing is one of the biggest myths in sports. A couple players even trashed him publicly last season, only to backpedal when they were criticized for having the gaul to disparage the mighty Brett Favre.

Lets get it straight, if he had said immediately he wanted to stay, GB would have kept him. He didn't give them enough notice and so they decided that it was Aaron Rodgers' time to prove himself. After they came to that decision is when he changed his mind. GB stuck by their decision to let Rodgers play instead of getting caught up in is inner-battle of whether or not he wants to keep playing.

If your going to set the record straight at least know ALL the facts behind the scenes.

GM Ted Thompson drafted Aaron Rogers to REPLACE Farve. Not in 5 years but in 1year! Farve wasnt ready to retire and new what Thompson's agenda was. Farve wanted Thompson to give him some help in free agency by practically pleading for Randy Moss. But Thomson wouldn't budge because he wanted to get younger and push Farve out! This is the reason Farve contemplated retiring every year because he knew he had a bunch of rookies around him.

I'm not a Farve fan but let's be honest about whats really going on instead of feeding into the media hyped drama. If Peyton Manning wants to play in Indy for the rest of his life and he still has the skills why would Indy simply draft rookies and not help build a champion through free agency? THE PATRIOTS HAVE DONE THIS AROUND BRADY AND THEY HAVE BEEN DOMINANT THIS DECADE!!

If your going to set the record straight at least know ALL the facts behind the scenes.

GM Ted Thompson drafted Aaron Rogers to REPLACE Farve. Not in 5 years but in 1year! Farve wasnt ready to retire and new what Thompson's agenda was. Farve wanted Thompson to give him some help in free agency by practically pleading for Randy Moss. But Thomson wouldn't budge because he wanted to get younger and push Farve out! This is the reason Farve contemplated retiring every year because he knew he had a bunch of rookies around him.

Um, no.

The biggest reason the Packers drafted Rogers was because Favre kept saying he was going to retire soon. They wanted to groom a QB behind him.

Favre changed his mind MULTIPLE TIMES in Green Bay. Rodgers sat on the bench for three seasons, not one. Eventually the Packers got sick of Favre's nonsense and made the decision to move on. You can't wait on your QB to make a decision about playing time and time again.

Archived