Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Good for ESPN for pointing this out.

I am sure Sellers was honored to run onto the field carrying the flag, this ceremonial part of the game means a lot to some people.

With that said, I would hope he wouldn't do it on purpose and his mistake will hopefully be a lesson for all on what not to do.

Edited by GoSkins561

I'm sure Sellers just got caught up in the moment and had a brain fart. It's a darn honor to be asked to carry the flag out of the tunnel...do any of you who are questioning him HONESTLY think that it was pre-meditated on his part to disrespect the flag? Like he was asked to carry the flag and his immediate thought was "ok...I'm going to carry the flag, and as soon as I get to the 50, I'm gonna slam it down...." Sellers seems like a stand-up dude, so I'm willing to bet that it was unintentional on his part. Brain farts happen...even in the largest of venues.

I love America, but don't care if he meant to do it or not.

It's a symbol.

What a idiotic statement, this is why ESPN pointing Sellers actions out is a good thing.

Millions of people have died fighting for that symbol, hundreds of thousands have lost eyes, ears, arms and legs fighting for that "symbol". Disrespecting it by throwing it on the ground is the same as pissing on thier grave.

I don't think Sellers did it on purpose however people need to learn how to treat the flag properly and with respect.

What a idiotic statement, this is why ESPN pointing Sellers actions out is a good thing.

Millions of people have died fighting for that symbol, hundreds of thousands have lost eyes, ears, arms and legs fighting for that "symbol". Disrespecting it by throwing it on the ground is the same as pissing on thier grave.

I don't think Sellers did it on purpose however people need to learn how to treat the flag properly and with respect.

It's only an "idiotic statement" because I'm in the minority and think it is silly.

Yes, millions of people have died in the military. Yes, they deserve the utmost respect. No, they didn't fight for that symbol. They fought for everything it symbolizes. Sorry you disagree, thanks for the insult.

I understand that people here love Mike Sellers' passion, love his size and that he can bowl people over. I get that. I also know he ges some exciting plays because of that; I enjoy it too.

But anyone who doesn't realize his judgment is always questionable, that his head isn't focused well, hasn't been paying attention. It's become clear why his play was sometimes surprisingly limited by Gibbs.

I agree completely with these comments. I'll assume this was a bonehead mistake, and not a political statement.

However this incident is symptomatic of how Sellers isn't always aware of what his role was supposed to be in cooperating with what's going on around him. It's all about what Sellers feels he wants to be doing at that moment in time, rather than what he was asked to do. Focus, judgement, and intelligent coordination with what his team-mates are trying to do ... none of these traits apply well to Mike Sellers.

I won't hide that since the playoff game, I haven't cared much for Sellers. So while he's a huge-sized fullback with great potential -- I wouldn't be unhappy if we let him go to keep some other fullback who was a little more reliable and team-savvy. (And someone who knew how to do a successful line plunge!)

Edited by Wyvern

People need to learn how to treat one another properly and with respect, there would be no need for war..

I won't hide that since the playoff game, I haven't cared much for Sellers. So while he's a huge-sized fullback with great potential -- I wouldn't be unhappy if we let him go to keep some other fullback who was a little more reliable and team-savvy. (And someone who knew how to do a successful line plunge!)

This is just another thing that he's doing - outside of the game, but still pretty stupid, it's really not hard to remember to not drop the flag - that is him acting without thinking.

It reminds me of him fumbling against Cincy (as you mention). It reminds me of him trying to jump his huge frame over people instead of bowling them over. It reminds me of him arguing with Campbell last year about being out of formation and forcing the team to call timeout (which was ridiculous).

He plays with a lot of heart, fire, and passion, and he's a big guy. I give credit to Gibbs to recognizing that's not enough and limiting his role which I really criticized at the time and wondered about. It's another lesson in how the coaches see a lot more than we do, and we should be careful with judging based on our limited perspective.

This is just another thing that he's doing - outside of the game, but still pretty stupid, it's really not hard to remember to not drop the flag - that is him acting without thinking.

It reminds me of him fumbling against Cincy (as you mention). It reminds me of him trying to jump his huge frame over people instead of bowling them over. It reminds me of him arguing with Campbell last year about being out of formation and forcing the team to call timeout (which was ridiculous).

He plays with a lot of heart, fire, and passion, and he's a big guy. I give credit to Gibbs to recognizing that's not enough and limiting his role which I really criticized at the time and wondered about. It's another lesson in how the coaches see a lot more than we do, and we should be careful with judging based on our limited perspective.

Very true. I've always been in the camp saying Sellers deserves a bigger role in the our offense, and you can't help but like his playing style, but there's a reason he's a fullback and we all need to give more credit to the coaching staffs who work with all these players.

It's only an "idiotic statement" because I'm in the minority and think it is silly.

Yes, millions of people have died in the military. Yes, they deserve the utmost respect. No, they didn't fight for that symbol. They fought for everything it symbolizes. Sorry you disagree, thanks for the insult.

It is very disprespectful to throw a flag on the ground, it means ALOT to everyone in our military, to the families of those who have died fighting in this "symbols" name, and thank God it isn't just a symbol to the majority of people in this country.

e4dc5d7449ddcc03c2d6217d84011c5f.jpg

vietnam6_std.jpg

I

People need to learn how to treat one another properly and with respect, there would be no need for war..

Well on planet Earth, war is something we have always had, and always will have. Welcome

That's kinda the way I'm leaning. I am lucky to live in this great country, but I just don't get too excited over imaginary lines some politicians send young men to die for.

Regardless there are proper ways to handle a flag, even though Sellers didn't do it on purpose, hopefully he apologizes and people like yourself take time to learn how to handle a flag properly.