Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I was reading about Brady's injuried shoulder on ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290828028 and at the bottom of the article it says and I quote

"An unsightly breach of patriotic etiquette: Redskins FB Mike Sellers, carrying the American flag onto the field during pregame introductions, flung the Stars and Stripes onto the ground near the 50-yard line. After a few seconds, LB Robert Hanson walked over and rescued the flag off the turf. ... "

I didn't notice during the pregame or the CBS broadcast. Does anybody know anything about this? I hope this was an accident and he just droped it, but if it was I think he would have just picked it up and Hansen would not have had to "rescue(d)" it.

Did anybody see this?

What, if anything, do you make of this?

Edited by bishtw

Isn't sellars initially from Canada though? What the heck were they thinking letting him carry the US flag anyways?

What in the world does Sellers being from Canada have to do with anything??

Edited by Toe Jam

I understand that people here love Mike Sellers' passion, love his size and that he can bowl people over. I get that. I also know he ges some exciting plays because of that; I enjoy it too.

But anyone who doesn't realize his judgment is always questionable, that his head isn't focused well, hasn't been paying attention. It's become clear why his play was sometimes surprisingly limited by Gibbs.

We're not talking Benedict Arnold here.

This is a nearly 300 lb fullback, hyped up on pre-game adrenalin, his mind far from thoughts of patriotic etiquette, and not knowing what the hell to do with a flag.

This sounds like a Florio-esque witch hunt to me.

Edit to say: After reading the piece, and seeing where this was written in, it's not a real indictment at all. In fact, Sellars probably deserves the rib shot in the game-notes for being such a knuckle-head..

Edited by AngloSackSon