Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vick's Possible First Game..vs the Skins?

NoVaSkins21

I looked in the ATN forum and could not find a similar thread so I thought I start one here. In looking at the articles about Vick's suspension, the earliest he could be considered for full reinstatement would be week 6 for the Eagles game @ the Raiders. However, I think the Eagles will wait a week and unveil him for the Skins game on MNF. The publicity and the hype leading up to the game would be enormous. Plus divisional games on MNF are always huge and great entertainment.

Him and that offense worry me. We don't have the speed to match him, Westbrook, Jackson, and McNabb being on the field together.
That kind of stuff has always been said. The Redskins don't have the X, Y, and Z to beat the A, B, and C of the Eagles, or the Cowboys, or the Giants. Yet somehow, for decades, we have almost always pulled through and if we don't win, dammit, we're competitive.

I've heard it from numerous media sources as well... vick does worry me from a true wildcat perspective (a guy who can run and pass, who also can be used without worrying about the wear and tear of a starting QB), but I can't see him having too much of an impact in his first game back, if that is the case... though they may try and make a big gadget splash with him to appease the fans and public opinion... will be all eyes on us if that is the case though..

That kind of stuff has always been said. The Redskins don't have the X, Y, and Z to beat the A, B, and C of the Eagles, or the Cowboys, or the Giants. Yet somehow, for decades, we have almost always pulled through and if we don't win, dammit, we're competitive.

...and game after game I've had to watch Westbrook break off big screens or runs against us. I'm just saying it's bad enough with all the speed that they have now. The addition of Vick does cause me concern.

Vick was given a "conditional" suspenstion meaning Goodell can reinstate him early if he is good. I expect him activated in Week 3. I say to myself that this signing doesn't mean anything but I remember when he came here and single handedly beat us at Fedex during the regular season. Got kicked out of the cigar bar during that one hah.

Goodell could play it either way...

He could get a call from ESPN begging for this to be Vick's first game back to be the Monday Nighter against Washington. A prime time NFC East battle, they will claim it to be a great middle of the season headline, like the NFL needs more drama or intrigue for a game but the Monday Nighter has lost some of its luster in today's age of Sunday Ticket.

OR, he could play the other way and say, he doesn't want a Monday Nighter to be the firestorm for PETA and other protesters that could lead to some nasty scenes on Prime Time. He may reinstate him early to get some of that stuff to settle down.

Either way, I don't envy the decison and I am not particularly afraid of Michael Vick on the field and what he will or will not give the Eagles this year.

I have spoken to several 'skins fans and we all agree that we have never wished injury upon a player, but that has now changed. Hopefully, they put him in as a receiver and he gets introduced to Landry.

THe only thing I would say if he got injured is: Karma is a *****.

I have spoken to several 'skins fans and we all agree that we have never wished injury upon a player, but that has now changed. Hopefully, they put him in as a receiver and he gets introduced to Landry.

This is just silly/childish. You don't root for people to get hurt unless your a sadist. Sure he did something horrible. Let it go already.

Vick was given a "conditional" suspenstion meaning Goodell can reinstate him early if he is good. I expect him activated in Week 3. I say to myself that this signing doesn't mean anything but I remember when he came here and single handedly beat us at Fedex during the regular season. Got kicked out of the cigar bar during that one hah.

I don't remember Vick ever "single handedly" beating us. The last time we played them (2006) it was Jerious Norwood (and a Campbell interception) that beat us. Before that (2003), we faced Atlanta without Vick when he got hurt in the preseason.

:applause: I agree 100%, I would be proud to be a sadist that night.

Vick doesn't get that luxury of pity if he gets injured. Sure, reinstate him, but for the love of god, I hope our Defense destroys him Theisman style. Paybacks/Karma is a *****.

This is just silly/childish. You don't root for people to get hurt unless your a sadist. Sure he did something horrible. Let it go already.

Tell that to the numerous dogs he killed. He's a piece of ****. Do you really think he's 'sorry' for doing it? PLEASE! **** him, he is a worthless piece of **** who REALLY does not deserve to play the game. But we, as a society forgive and forget (to a degree), but some of us DO NOT. He may have paid his legal dues, but that's about it.

Nah, he's prob not sorry. But I don't really care. It might make me an awful human being, but I don't really think what he did was such a big deal. Much less deserve jail time. Yeah, a "PR" fine might've been in order.

:laugh:

You said it so I don't have to say it for you....

Tell that to the numerous dogs he killed. He's a piece of ****. Do you really think he's 'sorry' for doing it? PLEASE! **** him, he is a worthless piece of **** who REALLY does not deserve to play the game. But we, as a society forgive and forget (to a degree), but some of us DO NOT. He may have paid his legal dues, but that's about it.

If you took the time to read my post you will see that I said what he did was very bad. Don't want to get into a morality debate with someone who's cursing and swearing... even in symbols. It's just time to move on.

I think the world is full of high and mighty people who love to point a finger. This deflects the finger on themselves.

Vick doesn't get that luxury of pity if he gets injured. Sure, reinstate him, but for the love of god, I hope our Defense destroys him Theisman style. Paybacks/Karma is a *****.

Go ahead and ask Theisman if he thinks that's proper. If he doesn't have a problem with what you said, then neither do I.

Archived