Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Man sentenced after leaving water bottles for immigrants

AsburySkinsFan

I'd be more than happy to sentence those owners to 10 yrs in prison and fine them to recoup the illegals relocation costs.

A first class plane ticket back home sounds good.

Both encourage it,while they excuse it for economic and humanitarian reasons.:chair:

I wonder how many of your vegetables were picked by illegals, I guess by the fact that you buy them then you too are complicit, after all if you really wanted to make sure you weren't aiding in criminal activity then you'd grow all your own veggies. Oh, and beef too because they work in our cattle farms too, and pigs, and poultry...wow looks like we're all going on a diet.

Aug 2009

From Jan. 1 through the date, at least 135 bodies have been found along that stretch, up from 120 at the same time last year, medical examiners' records show.

I find it odd that the same people that say the aborinal swamp rat is putting HUMANS out of work in logging...

but 135 people dying in 8 months due to a lack of water can't have a bottle of water.... (IN the Desert).

Its one thing to be humanitarian ... its another to promote illegal activity.

While I understand its close to impossible to solve the problem of illegals crossing the border, we shouldn't be promoting the activity or encouraging it through those kinds of behavior.

They understand the risk they take when trying to ILLEGALLY enter this country.

Anyone have a problem with leaving metal containers out there for them? I don't, heck I'd buy some to put out.

No problem with humanitarian aid here. :)

I'd agree that the best way to stop illegal immigration is to greatly reduce or remove the employment opportunities. First priority should be providing tools for employers to validate that employees are legal, and then enforcing the law very aggressively.

If we need cheap immigrant labor, we should have a cheap and easy temporary visa program that supports it.

Commercial companies can quickly stand up databases and systems that manage millions of people, so it would not be a big deal to provide the tools that employers need to only hire legal immigrants.

Aug 2009

I find it odd that the same people that say the aborinal swamp rat is putting HUMANS out of work in logging...

but 135 people dying in 8 months due to a lack of water can't have a bottle of water.... (IN the Desert).

If 135 people had been shot while performing home invasions, would you favor humanitarians handing them Kevlar, "to protect their lives"?

No problem with humanitarian aid here. :)

I'd agree that the best way to stop illegal immigration is to greatly reduce or remove the employment opportunities. First priority should be providing tools for employers to validate that employees are legal, and then enforcing the law very aggressively.

If we need cheap immigrant labor, we should have a cheap and easy temporary visa problem that supports it.

Commercial companies can quickly stand up databases and systems that manage millions of people, so it would not be a big deal to provide the tools that employers need to only hire legal immigrants.

Oh, I'd agree. The biggest reason we have a problem with illegal immigration is because of the huge numbers of people who are paying people to do it.

(Funny. We can throw people in jail for buying drugs, because they are giving money to dealers. But we just can't seem to punish businesses for financially promoting crime.)

And the biggest reason why it's hard to punish businesses is because it's just too easy for the businesses to play the "I didn't know" card.

I think they should start spreading water out in the desert. And springing traps on anyone that drinks the water. That way, you give them the water they need so they dont die of thirst, then we can ship them back across the border immediately. Solves both problems right?

Im sorry but it is ridiculous that a country that worries about budgets and money spent the way we do continues to allow people to come to this country illegally with little or no recourse. All of the major job sectors that provide work to illegals should be audited and searched. Want to create jobs for Americans? Imagine the number of jobs that would create and the project would pay for itself with the money we save by exporting the illegals!

Neither the bottle guy nor the horse farm advertise.

(As far as I know.)

But, what I was responding to was the thought that leaving water is somehow encouraging them to cross. They were already travelling through there he just gave them water so they wouldn't die, it really sounds though as if some would be more comfortable if there was no water and the illegals died in the park.

I some what agree with MSF's approach to border protection less the muder part.

If we started firing liv grenades ane missles in the general direction illegals would have second thought about crossing our border.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses...for target practice." Something like that?

If 135 people had been shot while performing home invasions, would you favor humanitarians handing them Kevlar, "to protect their lives"?

No one is shooting the immigrants...huge difference. BTW, in most states you can't shoot someone in your house unless your life is directly threatened.

Actually it would be "yard" not house and yes..

Walking through your yard is not a death sentence.

and water is a basic human necessity. No different than a cop doing CPR on a criminal to keep them alive after a car chase?

Funny how after you demonize people (they steal our jobs, our education and our healthcare) they don't deserve water when they're dying of thirst in desert anymore.

If you put yourself in a life threatening situation for whatever reason (and yes crossing the desert to illegally enter a country with not enough water) is a life threatening situation .... why should people feel bad?

How about going through the proper means to enter this country? Then you don't have to risk your life almost dieing in a desert.

If you put yourself in a life threatening situation for whatever reason (and yes crossing the desert to illegally enter a country with not enough water) is a life threatening situation .... why should people feel bad?

How about going through the proper means to enter this country? Then you don't have to risk your life almost dieing in a desert.

I don't understand how people cannot feel bad for folks who are falling over dead even if they are entering illegally many of whom are promised jobs when they get here. I don't get how or when we lost our compassion for people.

Archived