Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Man sentenced after leaving water bottles for immigrants

AsburySkinsFan

I don't understand how people cannot feel bad for folks who are falling over dead even if they are entering illegally many of whom are promised jobs when they get here. I don't get how or when we lost our compassion for people.

Do you feel bad if people play russian roulette and lose? I don't. You make choice in life.

They decided for whatever reason to take the RISK to enter a country illegally (when there are legal methods) and they gambled and lost.

Had they played the game CORRECTLY it wouldn't be a factor. They know the rules of the game. They chose to find another way to win ... they lost.

I don't understand how people cannot feel bad for folks who are falling over dead even if they are entering illegally many of whom are promised jobs when they get here. I don't get how or when we lost our compassion for people.

I would have more compassion if there were not perfectly legal ways to come to this country without the risks involved by these people. Go through the proper channels if you want to come here. If you dont want to do that, I do not feel sorry for you.

I would have more compassion if there were not perfectly legal ways to come to this country without the risks involved by these people. Go through the proper channels if you want to come here. If you dont want to do that, I do not feel sorry for you.

Then I feel sorry for you, that you don't have compassion on your fellow man.

Ok well I actually faced a somewhat similar sitatation...

I worked in the gas fields down in south texas. There are thousands of gas wells on these massive ranches over thousand and thousands of acres of nothing except for cactus and mesquite trees...

One day in the summer my crew of 15-18 people and I were driving through an area of a ranch that was so remote that only radio reception we were getting were from AM stations from Mexico.

So its like 100-110 degress out there and we happen to drive by this 99.99% sure illegal Mexican dude who crossed the river illegal. He had nothing with him.. no water or no food...

The crew decided to stop and give him some water. I gave him leftover ham and whatever food I had from lunch. Even knowing that its illegal for that dude to be there, its just hard to pass on a guy that look like he is walking toward sure death in the heat middle of nowhere... So basically since me and crew should be punished for showing some empathy for human life?

I would say that only reason we stopped was cause we were in convoy of 18-20 people otherwise we wouldnt have cause its potentially dangerous.

The crew decided to stop and give him some water. I gave him leftover ham and whatever food I had from lunch. Even knowing that its illegal for that dude to be there, its just hard to pass on a guy that look like he is walking toward sure death in the heat middle of nowhere... So basically since me and crew should be punished for showing some empathy for human life?

Book 'em Danno.

*BTW, good on ya mate.

Your and your crew did God's will regardless of your personal beliefs. There is no doubt about it. Those that would argue that you should have let him die because he took a chance would ask you to fail His test. The bible really couldn't be more clear on this.

Ok well I actually faced a somewhat similar sitatation...

I worked in the gas fields down in south texas. There are thousands of gas wells on these massive ranches over thousand and thousands of acres of nothing except for cactus and mesquite trees...

One day in the summer my crew of 15-18 people and I were driving through an area of a ranch that was so remote that only radio reception we were getting were from AM stations from Mexico.

So its like 100-110 degress out there and we happen to drive by this 99.99% sure illegal Mexican dude who crossed the river illegal. He had nothing with him.. no water or no food...

I would say that only reason we stopped was cause we were in convoy of 18-20 people otherwise we wouldnt have cause its potentially dangerous.

How about giving him some food and water and calling the authorities because he was crossing illegally?

No one said you didn't have to be compassionate just not support an illegal activity.

If this guy was giving people food and water and sending them back then no problems.

Where is the compassion for the people that try to become citizens legally but get sent to the back of the line because of the huge influx of illegals that makes the process harder and harder?

So he got 300 hours for littering? Fine then, now, does the punishment fit the crime considering most fines for littering are $500.
Actually it's $175. (If you actually read the article.)

"Staton, whom No More Deaths says is to begin seminary school at the Claremont School of Theology in Claremont, California, had initially refused to pay a $175 fine for littering, said Staton's lawyer, Bill Walker.

After his refusal, the government enhanced the charges against him, arguing that he "knowingly littered," said Walker, who is also a member of No More Deaths.

The charge can carry a $100,000 fine and a year in jail, Walker said. Charges against three other people who were cited with Staton in December were dropped, he said.

A jury convicted Staton in June of littering. Walker said he is appealing."

What are these "proper channels" that you speak of?

There is no "proper channel" unless you are related to an American citizen or permanent resident or unless you are qualified for particular jobs for which there are quotas for work visas (usually high-tech or medical fields).

People who decide to walk across the desert don't do so because they just feel like doing things the illegal way. If they had a real choice, don't you think they would avoid the whole wandering through the desert thing? Those dying in the desert are the ones with no other ways into the country.

This story is a weird counterpart to the other jobs vs. water thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=294485

You don't aide people in breaking the law. Stupid life choice if you ask me.

So if a shoplifter falls down and hits his head while running out of the store... we should leave him on the ground and let him die? WTF is wrong with you people?! Seriously.

How about giving him some food and water and calling the authorities because he was crossing illegally?

No one said you didn't have to be compassionate just not support an illegal activity.

If this guy was giving people food and water and sending them back then no problems.

Where is the compassion for the people that try to become citizens legally but get sent to the back of the line because of the huge influx of illegals that makes the process harder and harder?

thats not really an option...

if we did call then we would tell them

"we are on this dirt road about 1 hrs away from any paved road.. between this well X and well Y... come pick him up... "

yeah that would surely get the illegal picked up... its a 1 hr drive too from not a town but a paved road...

I am not sure if you were ever exposed to the "immigration" process here in the USA but the problems runs deeper than influx of illegals.. But I guess thats a different topic

Who is getting sent to the back of the line because of illegals? :whoknows:

Illegals don't have anything to do with the line for green cards.

It's good to see my tax dollars at work. I mean why not prosecute a guy for being a good person, and aiding a person in need despite their short comings. We ask people to take a stand and be a good person, then hold them to the letter of the law to promote a stance on a subject that irrelevant to this action. What type of message does this send.....I'll tell you, next time you see some one in need be aware some gun hoe prosecuter looking to get a chair on the bench is going to piggy back you to the world of judicial glory. Ah lovely.

It's good to see my tax dollars at work. I mean why not prosecute a guy for being a good person, and aiding a person in need despite their short comings. We ask people to take a stand and be a good person, then hold them to the letter of the law to promote a stance on a subject that irrelevant to this action. What type of message does this send.....I'll tell you, next time you see some one in need be aware some gun hoe prosecuter looking to get a chair on the bench is going to piggy back you to the world of judicial glory. Ah lovely.

its kind of like when dude is in a car accident. A stranger comes to his aid and saves the dude's life who otherwise would have died. The dude turns around and sues the st anger because the stranger isnt legally "qualified" to perform that actions that resulted in saving the dude's life...

yay for living your life in the black/white world according to some of the posters here

How was he encouraging them when they were already crossing and dying before he ever started leaving the water? And how is leaving the water there not "giving" them water? And if he waited in the dessert for them to cross and handed them the water would he not be just as guilty of the crime of aiding criminals?

we should go ahead and feed the bears, because they're gonna get in the dumpsters anyway

its kind of like when dude is in a car accident. A stranger comes to his aid and saves the dude's life who otherwise would have died. The dude turns around and sues the st anger because the stranger isnt legally "qualified" to perform that actions that resulted in saving the dude's life...

congratulations on being pointless.

yay for living your life in the black/white world according to some of the posters here

Yay for coming up with completely irrelevant scenarios :applause:

So if a shoplifter falls down and hits his head while running out of the store... we should leave him on the ground and let him die? WTF is wrong with you people?! Seriously.

Well WTF is wrong with you? :)

Terrible analogy. A better analogy... leaving magnetic strips in retail stores to help shoplifters commit their crime better.

Archived