Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Madden 10 Thread

MattFancy

Hey just played the game.

Is it me, or does the clock skip like 20 seconds after you pick a play on defense, it seems like the clock moves fast as lightning, and there is not enough time. Anyone else notice this BS? Also, is 7 minutes the norm now instead of 5?

Yeah they added the speed clock or something. Don't know if this option can be turned off or not. Check options.

Really should get a next-gen console to kick all your asses in online play. Few can stand a chance against my brilliant defensive skills :silly:

Played for a few hours last night... and was at work by 8 am. I am sleepy.

I like the running game, backs actually fall forward. Corner routes are still money. Haynesworth is an absolute monster. In my first preseason game he had 4 TFL and 1 sack.

You can turn off that "simulated runoff" thing and just play five minute quarters. I guess it was a nice idea, but if it ain't broke....

I wanted to put Orakpo at end on Nickel, Dime, Quarter defense, but I couldn't figure out how to do subs for specific packages. Anyone figure this out?

By the way, Orakpo is a 76 as a linebacker, but an 85 as a DE. Even madden knows he's better with his hand in the dirt.

it's been forever since i've bought a game hot off it's release. I will be able to find this today with relative ease right? Cuz i really don't feel like fighting the masses, lol.

I've gone to Wal-Mart and Target later in the day on the release day and found it.

I plan on picking it up after work. I have it reserved at GameStop so they better have a copy for me!

I heard you have to pay for the online francise. Is this true? If so I'm not buying

depends, an online franchise CODE comes with the game so if you buy the game new you can activate online franchise for free. However if you buy the game used or rent it you have to pay for the online franchise feature. Its EAs way to stop people from buying used games or renting them if they do then pay a fee for franchise.

Also POST ABOVE ME, ITS CALLED ACCERATED CLOCK its been in he PC verisions of madden for a while its actually a great feature. NO MORE coming out of the huddle with 30 seconds left thats just not realistic so it runs off 15-30 seconds depeneding on what setting you have it on. ALso you can play 15 MINUTE quarters and get a pretty reallistic play balance and cuts the game much shorter. So instead of a 15 minute game taking 2 hrs it takes around 80 minutes with accerated clock on.

Really should get a next-gen console to kick all your asses in online play. Few can stand a chance against my brilliant defensive skills :silly:

If you've been playing the old gen versions the last couple of years your defensive skills won't translate.

Funny how everyone is the best at Madden. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that...

The only way to justify claiming to be the best is if you go out and win tournaments or have a truly ridiculous online record.

I wanted to put Orakpo at end on Nickel, Dime, Quarter defense, but I couldn't figure out how to do subs for specific packages. Anyone figure this out?

By the way, Orakpo is a 76 as a linebacker, but an 85 as a DE. Even madden knows he's better with his hand in the dirt.

You have to do this in the middle of the game. When your going through formations, press the RB and it'll allow to manually sub in a player at each position and it stays like that for the rest of your franchise games.

Archived