Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Madden 10 Thread

MattFancy

So College Park is immune to street date laws?

They usually drop it and most games early for a little bit extra. I like going to the Madden Midnight releases so i usually say "no" on titles like Madden.

I am eagerly awaiting this year's game though. The presentation and certain things with the game are finally where they should have been when "Next Gen" Madden was first covered in that infamous draft day video. I am not happy to hear the news about EA starting to charge for things that were always apart of previous games.

They usually drop it and most games early for a little bit extra. I like going to the Madden Midnight releases so i usually say "no" on titles like Madden.

I am eagerly awaiting this year's game though. The presentation and certain things with the game are finally where they should have been when "Next Gen" Madden was first covered in that infamous draft day video. I am not happy to hear the news about EA starting to charge for things that were always apart of previous games.

What are you referring to as far as charging for things that used to be in the game?

What are you referring to as far as charging for things that used to be in the game?

Sorry. Meant to post a link about this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/08/madden-10-dlc-lets-you-buy-injury-healing-retirement-prevention/

Some of these items are pure fluff, just like in NCAA and I have no need for it. What bothers me is that one of those features for the "Hardcore players" is that they are charging extra money for the ability to play All Madden difficulty online.

For those of you that have it: Are you able to get a running game going?

I average like 2.5-3.0 yards a carry on the demos. It is getting frustrating. One time I played shotgun for a whole half and did a draw play once towards the end of that half and the Cardinals stacked the line and hit me for a loss. It's like they knew it was coming.

I haven't been able to run consistently for a couple of years. Maybe I just suck at the game.

Anyways, I have pre-ordered it.

For those of you that have it: Are you able to get a running game going?

I average like 2.5-3.0 yards a carry on the demos. It is getting frustrating. One time I played shotgun for a whole half and did a draw play once towards the end of that half and the Cardinals stacked the line and hit me for a loss. It's like they knew it was coming.

I haven't been able to run consistently for a couple of years. Maybe I just suck at the game.

Anyways, I have pre-ordered it.

I haven't played this year's yet (outside of the demos) but are you holding turbo when you get the ball. I've found that it's best to ease up off of it for the first second or two of the play to let your blockers get in place. After your blocks are set up you punch it for a decent gain.

I haven't played this year's yet (outside of the demos) but are you holding turbo when you get the ball.

There is no turbo this year, or at least I haven't found it.

Now, I can run with Jacobs the demo, he just trucks everyone. But I can't seem to get Parker going against the Cards. It seems like the line always gives up and just lets people through.

Now, I can run with Jacobs the demo, he just trucks everyone. But I can't seem to get Parker going against the Cards. It seems like the line always gives up and just lets people through.

right trigger(360) or r2 (PS3) are designated turbo.

I already have a full copy of the game. I've hated Madden a lot for the past three years but this years game is the real deal. Some of my favorite features:

1. Accelerated clock makes franchise mode so much better. I can actually have lengthy games without spending too much time actually being in the game.

2. The offensive lines finally play like an offensive line. I'm getting a nice pocket on most passing plays and the running lanes are finally there. Usually on every run you have to be very fast to notice the hole they open up and hit it quickly. I'm not sure if this is actually an added feature but if you spot the gap, I can usually make a cut back and then burst through it.

3. Corners, safeties and wide receiver interactions are great. A lot of fluidity this year. Corners actually play Cover 2 the way it is supposed to and zone defenses are much smarter this year. For example, if nobody is in the flat, the corner will jam the receiver and then shade him for a good few seconds.

4. Very nice presentation.

5. Skins defense is GODLY. Albert Haynesworth eats the running backs when they try to run up the middle. On the other hand, Devin Thomas totally sucks and catches nothing thrown his way.

What sucks about this years game:

1. Damn near impossible to sack the QB. Pressure is not the problem. If you have a good defensive line, you'll get to the QB but the QB's throw the ball away as soon as your near them. Most of the time it's like a bobbled pass that falls safely. Kind of unrealistic but not a huge problem though.

2. A really minor thing but you can no longer look at draft history of players. It simply shows the number of years in the league.

Thanks Vishal.

One question for you if you do not mind. In franchise, can you sub players prior to the games like you could a few years back? I know you can do it on the fly in games, just curious if you could designate them certain plays prior to playing.

If you mean like in formations, then you have to do it in the middle of games. The good thing is that it sticks for the rest of the games you play. On defense, I use Orakpo as a LB in 4-3 but in Nickel and Dime formations I have him as a DE (if that's what you were asking). You'll have to do this in the first game of the franchise mode but it sticks for the rest of the year.

Sorry. Meant to post a link about this.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/08/madden-10-dlc-lets-you-buy-injury-healing-retirement-prevention/

Some of these items are pure fluff, just like in NCAA and I have no need for it. What bothers me is that one of those features for the "Hardcore players" is that they are charging extra money for the ability to play All Madden difficulty online.

Wow if you can use that **** in an online franchise I'll be pissed.

If you mean like in formations, then you have to do it in the middle of games. The good thing is that it sticks for the rest of the games you play. On defense, I use Orakpo as a LB in 4-3 but in Nickel and Dime formations I have him as a DE (if that's what you were asking). You'll have to do this in the first game of the franchise mode but it sticks for the rest of the year.

That's what I was looking for...Thanks.

Hmm...sounds exactly like the Steelers' o-line last year.

Archived