Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Madden 10 Thread

MattFancy

One thing I've noticed is that picks come out of nowhere.

I'll hit a qb or Campbell will get hit and throw that weak ball up in the air, it'll hit off everyones hands and fall to the ground.

Then I'll try to thread a needle over the middle or on a corner post or something and a DB will make a spectacular play when I thought my receiver had position and will make the pick.

Anyone else notice this?

Devin Thomas is money. I've also had a lot of luck with ARE. Skins receivers aren't too bad.

Getting pressure must be wicked easy in franchise mode, because online, it's damn near impossible. I feel like I'm playing with a D-line of Wynn, Golston, Montgomery, and Daniels. Oh, and this may turn out to be realistic, but our O-line couldn't block Terri Schiavo. I get no time back there. None. It's infuriating. I've resorted to calling as many moving-pocket plays as possible, but even then, it's a lucky play when I get three and a half seconds before a DE is all up in my greeeeell.

Oh, and whoever came up with the ratings for Todd Collins can die. JC got injured in one of my games, then Collins came in and threw balls that couldn't have been more inaccurate if he was having a seizure. Accuracy is Collins' thing. I understand not letting me gun it downfield with him, but Jesus Christ, don't tell me that he consistently misses 10-yard passes by 5 yards.

Yes, this game is making me bitter.

I'll get pressure...but their QB can sit down and eat lunch before throwing the ball.

The pocket will collapse around him into a nasty mess and I'll be fighting like crazy to get through but to no avail. Finally the QB throws it and I'm a half step away from a sack. That's happened numerous times.

I've been pretty good with Campbell, thrown some picks but mostly my fault...some DB's have made great plays on as I mentioned earlier.

He can't throw the ball downfield for ****, but I've connected on a couple bombs, one to Moss and one to Devin Thomas. But overall, he sucks at throwing deep. I dunno what I'm gonna do at QB.

Anyone tried Colt? :D

I actually find JC to be okay for the deep routes I've run - while he's sucked at throwing the straight go route with Santana, he's been pretty good at throwing deep corners against the Cover Three and deep seams against the Cover Two, which I run a lot more than go routes anyway.

Also, friendly word of advice for anybody that wants it - the Atlanta playbook has this lovely formation that subs out for the QB for an RB at direct snap. If you hit the right stick a few times, you can get Santana at QB with Portis at RB. I rip off a lot of big runs with that package - just alternate between actual handoffs to Portis and fake handoffs to Portis/Sellers while Santana uses his speed to burst through a hole on the other side.

Molllllllney.

I actually find JC to be okay for the deep routes I've run - while he's sucked at throwing the straight go route with Santana, he's been pretty good at throwing deep corners against the Cover Three and deep seams against the Cover Two, which I run a lot more than go routes anyway.

Also, friendly word of advice for anybody that wants it - the Atlanta playbook has this lovely formation that subs out for the QB for an RB at direct snap. If you hit the right stick a few times, you can get Santana at QB with Portis at RB. I rip off a lot of big runs with that package - just alternate between actual handoffs to Portis and fake handoffs to Portis/Sellers while Santana uses his speed to burst through a hole on the other side.

Molllllllney.

What's that package?

What's that package?

It's called the "Dirty Bird" formation. It's between Shotgun and Goal Line. Just toggle the packages until you have "WR at QB." It's really good for the running game; I usually rip off a couple 10+ yard runs with both Portis and Santana in a single game.

It's called the "Dirty Bird" formation. It's between Shotgun and Goal Line. Just toggle the packages until you have "WR at QB." It's really good for the running game; I usually rip off a couple 10+ yard runs with both Portis and Santana in a single game.

Sweet man, I'm about to fire up Madden in a few here.

i cannot get campbell to connect on a long ball to save my life.

played as the patriots.. and having tom brady is so easy its shocking. :doh:

and what really annoys me is how you can have two guys tackle someone, and the player just breaks free ( i lost a match online in oT because the dude broke free and ran 60 yds):chair:

Sweet man, I'm about to fire up Madden in a few here.

Remember, it's the Dirty Bird formation, with the package altered (via flicking the right stick) to "WR at QB." If you just run a variation of Power (which hands Portis the ball) and Counters towards either side of the line (which side is determined with Playmaker once everybody is set... Santana fakes the handoff then keeps it and runs himself), you should be able to establish a nice running game.

Unfortunately, this will have no effect on your passing game, as there aren't any passing plays out of the formation. But I've played over a dozen online games now, and this formation has consistently been effective for me in churning out nice rushing gains. If you don't lean on it so hard that your opponent can eventually run a defense against it and nothing else, then it should be a nice wrinkle for your offense.

Remember, it's the Dirty Bird formation, with the package altered (via flicking the right stick) to "WR at QB." If you just run a variation of Power (which hands Portis the ball) and Counters towards either side of the line (which side is determined with Playmaker once everybody is set... Santana fakes the handoff then keeps it and runs himself), you should be able to establish a nice running game.

Unfortunately, this will have no effect on your passing game, as there aren't any passing plays out of the formation. But I've played over a dozen online games now, and this formation has consistently been effective for me in churning out nice rushing gains. If you don't lean on it so hard that your opponent can eventually run a defense against it and nothing else, then it should be a nice wrinkle for your offense.

Sweet man, I'm on it. I'm just playing my franchise for now, then I'll crank it up to all pro and then venture into online play. I'm not the best madden guy around :D

Just FYI: This play is the easiest to stop if you know what defensive play to call. (hint: 3-4 double outside corner blitz )

I'm in the 4th quarter of the Chiefs game (power outage last night, left the ps3 on and lost a bunch of progress :doh: )

This has been awesome. Everything seems so realistic. The biggest thing I saw was when I sent ARE on an out left. Right when he hit his break to the sideline, the CB bumped him...on regular, that wouldn't have been anything...here, it was a pass interference. ARE made the catch anyway, but as soon as he got bumped and the CB hindered him, the ref threw the flag.

Haynesworth has been dominant. I think he has 10 tackles and a sack. I'm kicking the crap out of KC but it hasn't been easy. I've held them inside my redzone to 3 field goals. It's 31-16 but could easily be very different.

I love these changes and the speed of the game. Thanks for the sliders.

Just FYI: This play is the easiest to stop if you know what defensive play to call. (hint: 3-4 double outside corner blitz )

*shrug* Same is true of virtually any offensive play. I haven't run into anyone who's consistently called the "perfect play" against me yet.

Anybody notice that although the packaging touts this game as 1080p it still runs at 720p like previous years. I have a ps3 with HDMi and have no problem receiving 1080p through other media. I have a friend who says the same thing.

The game looks great but it left me wondering.

I'm in the 4th quarter of the Chiefs game (power outage last night, left the ps3 on and lost a bunch of progress :doh: )

This has been awesome. Everything seems so realistic. The biggest thing I saw was when I sent ARE on an out left. Right when he hit his break to the sideline, the CB bumped him...on regular, that wouldn't have been anything...here, it was a pass interference. ARE made the catch anyway, but as soon as he got bumped and the CB hindered him, the ref threw the flag.

Haynesworth has been dominant. I think he has 10 tackles and a sack. I'm kicking the crap out of KC but it hasn't been easy. I've held them inside my redzone to 3 field goals. It's 31-16 but could easily be very different.

I love these changes and the speed of the game. Thanks for the sliders.

No prob. Im just starting my franchise, and I played the Pats. Had a shootout with the first team and second team, I eventually lost 42-35, but the team put some amazing numbers up. Now I'm in favor of longer minutes because of the 15 second run offs. But glad you like em.

Hey can someone please help me, can I substitue players on particular packages during the games? Like I want to put Orakpo on DL on 3rd downs, right now I can only adjust players on the depth chart.

It would be nice to be able to put Orakpo PERMANENTLY on Dime and Nickel packages, is this possible? Please help!

Hey can someone please help me, can I substitue players on particular packages during the games? Like I want to put Orakpo on DL on 3rd downs, right now I can only adjust players on the depth chart.

It would be nice to be able to put Orakpo PERMANENTLY on Dime and Nickel packages, is this possible? Please help!

You can do it on the fly in game, which I find is a pain. It will keep him there for your whole season. But, when doing this, Orakpo will go to the end and McIntosh or Blades or whatever OLB you have on the other side will also go to their respective end.

I wish they had the package substitutions like they used to. I guess the technology has declined since the PS2 days.

This is the only way that I know how to do it.

Fan Since a Fetus,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you only do this in a franchise mode or online franchise, or can you do this in a regular "play now" game? I am still trying to get good at the game before I play a franchise, so I have been doing only "play now" games and I cannot find a way to do this substitute.

You can do it on the fly in game, which I find is a pain. It will keep him there for your whole season. But, when doing this, Orakpo will go to the end and McIntosh or Blades or whatever OLB you have on the other side will also go to their respective end.

I wish they had the package substitutions like they used to. I guess the technology has declined since the PS2 days.

This is the only way that I know how to do it.

Fan Since a Fetus,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you only do this in a franchise mode or online franchise, or can you do this in a regular "play now" game? I am still trying to get good at the game before I play a franchise, so I have been doing only "play now" games and I cannot find a way to do this substitute.

I only play Franchise, so I do not know about Play Now. I would bet Play Now has it also. I don't see why not. I know on the PS3 you flick the Right Analog Stick on the formation screen between each play call. Hope that make sense.

Wow...

I'm up 28-24 on Philly headed into the 4th. They quickly return a punt for 76 yards and a TD but then I get Portis in for a score. With 54 seconds left they hit Hank Baskett for a TD.

I've got all my timeouts left and hit on three big passing plays to set up a 10 yard TD pass to Moss for the win with 10 seconds left.

Portis ran for 201 yards and Campbell threw for 308...awesome game, I'm really enjoying Madden.

Wow...

I'm up 28-24 on Philly headed into the 4th. They quickly return a punt for 76 yards and a TD but then I get Portis in for a score. With 54 seconds left they hit Hank Baskett for a TD.

I've got all my timeouts left and hit on three big passing plays to set up a 10 yard TD pass to Moss for the win with 10 seconds left.

Portis ran for 201 yards and Campbell threw for 308...awesome game, I'm really enjoying Madden.

Are you using sliders?

Wow...

So basically your sliders are the exact opposite of realistic?;) I'm still trying to find some I like.

Archived