Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Madden 10 Thread

MattFancy

Thanks. Figured it out, the roster still isn't quite right yet.

Tried to play online for the first time today. I cannot stand lag! There's no point in running because every juke is a half second off and will undoubtedly direct you towards the nearest defender rather than away. I also had a few terrible kicks which is normally my strongpoint.

Only lost 16-14 though. I have no doubt that I'd win without the lag.

Lag?What is your connetion... I have played like 20 games and have not notices any lag at all...

Lag?What is your connetion... I have played like 20 games and have not notices any lag at all...

Don't know the upload/download speeds, but I'm on cable. Lag is the norm for me in Madden, I just haven't played with it in 5 years. I'd bet that the "premium" servers don't have that problem, but I'm not going to pay for that.

I remember a while back, Madden was unplayable at peak times. Don't know if it's improved much since '05.

I ran into this one with the Jackson/Peterson. He was beating me in the first half with this strategy but I ended up coming back and winning by taking Orakpo out of his LE spot moving the rest of the line over where I had him and using him as an extra linebacker to spy Jackson/Peterson. Once I started doing that he had no idea what to do and would either run around until he got sacked or throw a pick.

Oh, it's possible to stop, but that doesn't mean that it's not annoying as ****.

I've had a couple games with lag. I know it's not my connection because it's not consistent at all, but you do sometimes play against people who are apparently still dialing up with AOL.

I've played offline games that have had serious lag(or framerate issues?). It's not my 360 or my copy of the game because I noticed it during the Gamestop tourney during the midnight release.

Madden, by far, has the capability of being the most frustrating video game. I can't describe how frustrating it is to have 2 seconds or less before every sack and not have a receiver get an inch of separation. Then have the opposing running back power through a four player gang tackle, and an open field tackle for a touchdown. It drives me insane.

Madden, by far, has the capability of being the most frustrating video game. I can't describe how frustrating it is to have 2 seconds or less before every sack and not have a receiver get an inch of separation. Then have the opposing running back power through a four player gang tackle, and an open field tackle for a touchdown. It drives me insane.

Playing teams with good defensive lines is painful. Our O-line couldn't block Stephen Hawking if he were playing DE.

Playing teams with good defensive lines is painful. Our O-line couldn't block Stephen Hawking if he were playing DE.

If you're playing on xbox, you can pull the left trigger before a play and instruct the o-line to block left, right, aggressively, etc. This seems to help. The directional blocking is good depending on the alignment of the dline and direction of your running play.

That's for the short term. For the long term, you need to trade or draft for o-linemen since the skins o-line sucks.

I had a 7 game winning streak going on ranked games that just got broken, damn. Is it me or are the only teams used online the eagles, vikings, and steelers?

Def man everyone is the Vikes Pitt and Philly Iv not played against many other teams yet i know i played dallas like 2x and maybe the cards once

Man, I want to leave work right now and go play Madden online. This is the first year I've played online, and I find it much more competitive/fun than playing against the computer (ONLY when I'm not playing a toolbox that runs the wildcat or w/ Vick on every play).

The only teams I've played online are the Cowboys, Chargers, and Titans.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm the Giants they automatically match me up against Eagles players. Like how if you go to the play now function it always has you go against your rival. But I'm definitely getting sick of playing the same teams over and over and over.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm the Giants they automatically match me up against Eagles players. Like how if you go to the play now function it always has you go against your rival. But I'm definitely getting sick of playing the same teams over and over and over.

Maybe, I dunno? I guess I'm glad I haven't played anyone thats used any lame gimmicks so far.

Just got the game and have played 6 full games with 10 minute quarters. I pretty much can dominate opponents at the default setting. I can get Campbell up around the 400 yard mark but can't get Portis over 70 yards. Running seems impossible. One long run (35 yards) in 6 games.

I'm not a Madden expert or anything, haven't played in years. So I'm just starting.

Has anyone finished a full season on Franchise mode yet?

I did it last night, and the progressions... and degressions were a bit absurd. London Fletcher dropped from a 89 to an 82, Andre Carter and Griffin dropped 5 overall, EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE LINEMAN dropped 5 points on the "Sheds Block" category. Pretty absurd. Everyone else progressed in a normal fashion.

I guess once guys hit 32ish in age, their numbers start dropping pretty dramatically. Makes sense for Fletcher to drop alot. The only thing that really bothers me is the D-line thing. I don't control them, and I don't get a ton of sacks. (Except Orakpo who had 10, dude is a stud.) I had 14 picks with Landry in my first year, he went up 7 overall.

lol i like how people blame JC when they throw mad picks in the game.

i've had no problem throwing strikes with him. he's usually player of the game for me and threw 5 td's and 1 int last time i played with him.

Thank you bro. He works fine for me too.

haha i just found a sweet glitch. the cowboys broke cp's collarbone and he was supposed to be out for 11 weeks. i started the next game against the eagles and played thru the first half. i restarted the game and cp is in my starting lineup now. i dont know if it will always work but i have to say that i am not going to complain about getting portis back lol.

Just got the game and have played 6 full games with 10 minute quarters. I pretty much can dominate opponents at the default setting. I can get Campbell up around the 400 yard mark but can't get Portis over 70 yards. Running seems impossible. One long run (35 yards) in 6 games.

I'm not a Madden expert or anything, haven't played in years. So I'm just starting.

Passing gets so much more difficult on All-pro. I switched to the "realistic" sliders at the same time so that might be the problem as well. In the 3 games I've played, the bulk of my passing yards goes to Cooley, Davis, Sellers and Portis because I don't have enough time to throw and the receivers are always blanketed.

It sucks because my team (Redskins of course), even though it's still the best defense in the league, can't pressure the QB at all! I just don't see how that makes sense. I think most people probably user-control the linemen in Madden, and the sliders make it harder to get sacks. I just use Landry.

I wonder if they'll improve with the next roster update if our Oline continues to do well? I know they've been saying that regular updates are something they will focus on.

If you're playing on xbox, you can pull the left trigger before a play and instruct the o-line to block left, right, aggressively, etc. This seems to help. The directional blocking is good depending on the alignment of the dline and direction of your running play.

That's for the short term. For the long term, you need to trade or draft for o-linemen since the skins o-line sucks.

Speaking of the draft, is there some strategy in the "scouting" feature? It seems too simple to me.

Archived