Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Madden 10 Thread

MattFancy

It is pretty easy to stop the Wildcat after playing against it so many times, for me now. Just blitz your two corners, and you should be able to shut them down.

It depends on which play and version of the Wildcat is being run. I have slightly more trouble stopping the guys who find ways to run up the middle, particularly using the 4-wide variation. In that formation its usually better to pinch the line and blitz a few linebackers.

That said, the people who excessively use the Wildcat are usually guaranteed wins for me as they tend to not have too many other tricks or talents.

Couldn't agree more. You play on PS3 or the 360?

Another addition to the list:

- People who try to "surprise" their opponents with an onside kick five times per game. Look, morons, it takes about .2 seconds to audible to onside recover, then we have to go through the rigamaroll of audibling back to normal formations when you realize that your brilliant plan hasn't worked as expected... again.

• 2 weeks later...

I officially hate Madden! I was playing the Rams today. Marc Bulger threw 3 INTs in the 1st quarter and I returned 2 of them for TDs. I was up 28-14 at halftime and Steven Jackson had 5 carries for 9 yards. In the 3rd quarter I did absolutley nothing and had 3 straight 3 and outs. Bulger completed 10 straight passes and Jackson ended up with over 70 yards. I quit after they went ahead 31-28 with 3 minutes left. Why is Madden rigged???

I officially hate Madden! I was playing the Rams today. Marc Bulger threw 3 INTs in the 1st quarter and I returned 2 of them for TDs. I was up 28-14 at halftime and Steven Jackson had 5 carries for 9 yards. In the 3rd quarter I did absolutley nothing and had 3 straight 3 and outs. Bulger completed 10 straight passes and Jackson ended up with over 70 yards. I quit after they went ahead 31-28 with 3 minutes left. Why is Madden rigged???

If online: :doh:

Yeah, I got pissed the other day when I got called twice for holding on FG, a damn FG. The last one was with 3 sec. left, down by 1, FG right down the middle, Skins beat the Falcons 16-14, but wait, holding on the offense, game over, I lose. WTF?

Yeah there is something seriously messed up with the number of holding calls on field goal attempts.

Holding is a ridiculous penalty that should not be in the game. As a matter of fact, I think its ridiculous that a player you aren't controlling can get a penalty. This goes for all sports games. I know they want the game to be as real as possible, but there should not be aspects of a competitive video game that I have 0 control over.

The only exception I think, would be false starts when you run the hurry up too often. I like that because you can avoid it by not running the hurry up.

If online: :doh:

You aint lying!!

I was playing NCAA, as OU, of course, and this guy was Ohio Suck. Well, he was lighting me up, 30-0, after the FIRST QUARTER. Well, I settled down, and started playing. I came back and tied it up at 44. I get a field goal late, get a pick 6, and he QUITS! That pissed me off so badly.

OU.jpg

You aint lying!!

I was playing NCAA, as OU, of course, and this guy was Ohio Suck. Well, he was lighting me up, 30-0, after the FIRST QUARTER. Well, I settled down, and started playing. I came back and tied it up at 44. I get a field goal late, get a pick 6, and he QUITS! That pissed me off so badly.

While I strongly disagree on your viewpoint of OSU, I would be absolutely livid if someone did that to me, especially being down 30-0. **** that guy.

Has anyone finished a full season on Franchise mode yet?

I did it last night, and the progressions... and degressions were a bit absurd. London Fletcher dropped from a 89 to an 82, Andre Carter and Griffin dropped 5 overall, EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE LINEMAN dropped 5 points on the "Sheds Block" category. Pretty absurd. Everyone else progressed in a normal fashion.

I guess once guys hit 32ish in age, their numbers start dropping pretty dramatically. Makes sense for Fletcher to drop alot. The only thing that really bothers me is the D-line thing. I don't control them, and I don't get a ton of sacks. (Except Orakpo who had 10, dude is a stud.) I had 14 picks with Landry in my first year, he went up 7 overall.

i figured this part out in my franchise. it is blache's fault. it used to be that coaches only gave boosts to certain attributes but now they can actually decrease attributes as well. blache is a dline killer. i fired him after the first season and hired jeff fischer as my dc. i love him because he has an all awr +5 so it affects everyone on the team, not just the defense.

another little part of strategery that you can use is to edit all your players and use the change position feature to see if you can get anyones ratings to go up. it usually works really well with linebackers. i traded for larry english from the chargers and made him my lde. after a few seasons english was rated a 97 and orakpo a 94.

another interesting thing to try is make linebackers into strong safeties. rocky mcintosh makes an awesome ss.

I hate the sped up clock. I have no time to make pre-snap adjustments with it on.

yeah i dont mind it so much vs the computer

online it is ridiculous though i played a game last night that seriously took over an hour

i dont have the time to play that much

as much as i disliked the 5 minute sped up clock online it did let me get a game in really quick

so i get that in this madden the blitz works really well when you put the lb in between the dlines gaps and thats cool

but why do some people feel the need to use it on every play

yeah i know you beat it with slants but jason campbell just isnt that good lol

anyways call me an idealist but i hate taking advantage of the games shortcomings like that

also it completely takes away the running game when a lb is at the ball a second after the snap

end rant

Archived