Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Madden 10 Thread

MattFancy

I think its funny that Collinsworth hates Jason Campbell.....I was playing online last night and was lighting it up through the air and Collinsworth says "Now Jason Campbell is not the most accurate of quarter backs but he is having an ok game right now" I had over 400 yards through the air and 4 tds I was cracking up man its funny how much the media hates the Skins even video games hate on them!

I've had many times where Collinsworth calls JC one of the most accurate QBs in the game. I don't think it means anything though. Madden developers are lazy. Everything these guys say will be applied to any team.

Has anyone encountered the hit stick bug yet? I always use Landry on defense, so this has happened to me twice already.

A wide receiver will run a route to the middle of the field, the ball comes, and I absolutely nail the guy. When this happens the screen freezes and the controller shakes until I have to reset the game. It's really annoying because I'm sure I would've gotten the ball back in those situations.

Is there any way to have the accelerated clock in the last 2 minutes of a game? It's nice throughout the game, but when I'm leading 35-7 and just need to kneel to win, I have to wait for the clock to run down. I wish there was an option to press a button and run down the clock really quickly. Is there?

Has anyone encountered the hit stick bug yet? I always use Landry on defense, so this has happened to me twice already.

A wide receiver will run a route to the middle of the field, the ball comes, and I absolutely nail the guy. When this happens the screen freezes and the controller shakes until I have to reset the game. It's really annoying because I'm sure I would've gotten the ball back in those situations.

I've encountered it 5 times so far. But it's only happend while I was using the throwback uniforms and not the White/Burg, White/White, (I assume burg/burg and burg/white but I haven't used those yet).

Suisham is horrendous. Just tried to make a 26 yard FG to send it to overtime and he can't even kick it that far.

I actually cut him and there was Cundiff available. He can actually hit the 50 yarders for you. There maybe some other cuts too that the CPU does. Might want to check it out.

Played a bit more this weekend and have finally adjusted my play to this years game. The Browns and Texans are two very good teams and are worth a game or two. Jamal Lewis ripped up Philly for runs of 78 and 71 yds. I did come across a banner ad that shows up on the little bar at the bottom of the screen that did upset me a bit. Ah well, that's how EA does.

I just had the worst Madden day of all time. I feel like John Madden personally came into my home, ****ed me in the ass, and left before I could even pull my pants up. The people who designed the random fumble generator can die.

Seriously, the next time somebody returns a fumble for a touchdown on me when I'm trying to pound it in from the two, I'm probably gonna break my TV.

Also on the list of people who can die:

- People who don't press A to skip the opening sequence.

- People who don't set their rosters beforehand and have to pause the game 27 times to do it instead.

- People who feel the need to adjust their team's uniform, especially the ones who do it all the way down to the shoes.

- People who quit when they go down by a single touchdown.

- People who run horizontally along the goal line on breakaway plays until your defenders get close.

- People who won't accept the "concede defeat" offer when they're down by 35 points in the fourth quarter.

- People who didn't think it might be lovely to have a "CPU concedes defeat" option when somebody quits when they're down by 35 points in the fourth quarter.

- People who run the same offensive play the entire game.

- People who take an hour and a half to choose every single play.

- People who try to "surprise" me with an onside kick, which has never worked once because there's plenty of time to audible into the onside kick recovery formation. Then they audible to a normal kick, and I have to audible back. You have the cleverness of pineapple. Just kick the damn ball.

- People who are obviously eating or drinking or flogging the dolphin or doing something with their hands while playing, and therefore let the play clock go all the way down to 1 on every play.

- People who start to run out the clock in the second quarter.

- People who challenge plays that couldn't have been more obviously correct.

- People who call timeouts in a vain attempt to get the ball back when I'm up by four touchdowns and there's a minute left, just to improve their stats.

- People whose entire offensive gameplan is to look to scramble to one side with Michael Vick/Tarvaris Jackson, then, if that's blocked off, throw to the screen to Westbrook/Peterson that's developed on the other side... on every single ****ing play.

- People who go for it on 4th and 29 in their own territory, then quit when they don't convert.

- People who thought that nobody would want the option to skip the chain measurement sequence, which I have seen approximately 34893678580922 times in a 24-hour period.

...but I'm not bitter or anything.

is there anyway to play a wildcat free game online? jesus these kids are gay.

I dunno, it's hard to claim that it's "gay" when virtually every team in the league used it last year. Personally, I probably use it about 5-10 times a game.

Several points that stood out.

The people who designed the random fumble generator can die.

- People who run horizontally along the goal line on breakaway plays until your defenders get close.

- People who won't accept the "concede defeat" offer when they're down by 35 points in the fourth quarter.

-The fumble generator will only be in 2 more games...tops. This is something that sounded like a good idea in the think tank but really is used more than they initially metioned.

- Those people are just idiots. If they are trying to run out clock...i can understand why it's done but those that do it as taunt are just retarded.

-I can say that I've been in that boat once. It was my first game and I really wanted to get in a few more plays to see what the guy was running against me on defense. You learn more when you get your ass whipped in Madden than you do from the blow out victories.

The majority of the cut scenes can go. I understand that the measurement and refs conversing are part of the NFL but they could have maybe found a way to make it happen from the normal game cam and not have it take more than 5 seconds. I mean, for both instances, you know the outcome because of the canned animation for the cutscene.

For as good as the game is, it is just as bad with some of the poor decisions.

wtf is that. LOL

They make it look like that to make it look reasonably good given the Wii's graphical prowess.

This is a dumb question, but how do you update rosters without playing an online game? Really, how do you do it period? My D would be sweet with Jeremy Jarmon (though I wonder if he's in the game).

They make it look like that to make it look reasonably good given the Wii's graphical prowess.

This is a dumb question, but how do you update rosters without playing an online game? Really, how do you do it period? My D would be sweet with Jeremy Jarmon (though I wonder if he's in the game).

Oh he's in the game and he's like a 61 overall or something like that.

I just had the worst Madden day of all time. I feel like John Madden personally came into my home, ****ed me in the ass, and left before I could even pull my pants up. The people who designed the random fumble generator can die.

Seriously, the next time somebody returns a fumble for a touchdown on me when I'm trying to pound it in from the two, I'm probably gonna break my TV.

Also on the list of people who can die:

.[/b]

...but I'm not bitter or anything.

Ahh, sounds like every online Madden game. The reasons above are the reasons I only play online Madden with Friends.

Ahh, sounds like every online Madden game. The reasons above are the reasons I only play online Madden with Friends.

bpoch, i thought the same thing yesterday after two games, which I'm sure you may have experienced:

1. Guy used the Eagles and scrambled w/ Vick on every play. I know it's not a great excuse b/c I should stop it, but it's definitely a "gimmick" of the game. Some people won't play online if his opponent uses the eagles.

2. I was beating a kid 7-0 in the second quarter, but clearly dominating. I just made a first down on his 33 yard line. He quit, and the computer gives you the options of continuing. From what I could tell, the only way to get credit for the win is to keep playing the computer, which I did. I ended up barely winning 20-17 which pisses me off b/c I know I would have crushed the other kid 35-0. Instead, I almost got a Loss.

After these two games, one win and one loss, I realized how pissed off I am when I play online. I started thinking I should find people online that play "the real way", and friend them for future games.

My gamertag is jonsie1734 for any of you madden fans that appreciate the football simulation that is madden, and not the flawed system in which you can run the same play 17 times in a row b/c there's that one route that always works.

I guess I've been lucky playing online so far. I've only played 4 games, but I've played the Cowboys twice, Chargers, and Titans. None of those people tried anything stupid. I was for sure the Titans guy would bring in VY, but never did. I'm 2-2. Still getting a feel for what works and what doesn't.

- People whose entire offensive gameplan is to look to scramble to one side with Michael Vick/Tarvaris Jackson, then, if that's blocked off, throw to the screen to Westbrook/Peterson that's developed on the other side... on every single ****ing play.

I ran into this one with the Jackson/Peterson. He was beating me in the first half with this strategy but I ended up coming back and winning by taking Orakpo out of his LE spot moving the rest of the line over where I had him and using him as an extra linebacker to spy Jackson/Peterson. Once I started doing that he had no idea what to do and would either run around until he got sacked or throw a pick.

go online and instead of going into a game go into your depth chart. it should tell you that you dont have the most updated version of the rosters and ask you if you want to download it.

Hubbs had a much more exhaustive list. My point is that I'm generally not enjoying playing random people online. The ability to play online is great, I just want to be more selective of whom I play.

Well they do have those online lobby rooms set up where u can choose who u want to play

Well they do have those online lobby rooms set up where u can choose who u want to play

I'm aware of that, but there's no indication that they play like a tool (as Hubbs listed). From now on, if I play someone that doesn't play like that, I'll either friend him or write his name down. I would write down the names of all the tools but it would probably require more writing.

go online and instead of going into a game go into your depth chart. it should tell you that you dont have the most updated version of the rosters and ask you if you want to download it.

Thanks. Figured it out, the roster still isn't quite right yet.

Tried to play online for the first time today. I cannot stand lag! There's no point in running because every juke is a half second off and will undoubtedly direct you towards the nearest defender rather than away. I also had a few terrible kicks which is normally my strongpoint.

Only lost 16-14 though. I have no doubt that I'd win without the lag.

Archived