Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Madden 10 Thread

MattFancy

Jesus, a lot of Haterade going on in here. I like this version a lot. Most of the games I've played seem pretty realistic. (Maybe that's because I only play on Xbox Live against other real people.)

For those of you having trouble with the deep pass, I've gotten a lot better at picking up big chunks of yardage by focusing on pushing the safeties deep with a slot receiver running a go route while the outside receiver runs a corner or some other route that eventually leads him towards the deep corner area. I know this is nothing new, but it's definitely effective as compared to actually throwing the go routes, which are completely worthless this year. Skinny posts run by the slot man against the Cover 2 work really well, too.

For the flats, I like DE contain, but you better hope it's not a running play because both DE's go out in the flats.

Or manually control the LB on the side you think the pass is going to the flats and cover the flats yourself.

If they are going quick passes to the TE on a streak or curl play a cover 3 which will make the safety play in that zone they are throwing to the TE.

Just my suggestions, I am by no means a great Madden player.

I've tried it. They throw it so quickly, the ball gets there before my safety does and 50% of the time the tackle is broken. They throw the ball with the TE's back turned to the QB. It's not even a complete route, and yet they still catch it with their back turned.

For those interested in playing sometime, my xbox name is Uh Fudeu.

Can anyone give me any tips on inaccurate passes? They have been very frustrating for me. Campbell completely misses 10 yd passes that go right to the defender for the pick. I don't even know what I am doing wrong. I'm not throwing off my back foot or throwing off the run.

I've tried it. They throw it so quickly, the ball gets there before my safety does and 50% of the time the tackle is broken. They throw the ball with the TE's back turned to the QB. It's not even a complete route, and yet they still catch it with their back turned.

For those interested in playing sometime, my xbox name is Uh Fudeu.

Have you tried focusing the defense on the back or tight end?

Anyone notice that Madden freezes on a glitch and locks up the Xbox. I would blame the Xbox but I can recreate the error every single time I play and it's getting rather annoying because of the way I play I can't finish a single game. I control Landry on defense. If you roam Landry in the middle of the field in coverage and get a pass across the middle. If you hit the hitstick 1 second before the WR catches the ball to absolutely demolish him as soon as he goes to catch it.....freeze everytime.

Anyone notice that Madden freezes on a glitch and locks up the Xbox. I would blame the Xbox but I can recreate the error every single time I play and it's getting rather annoying because of the way I play I can't finish a single game. I control Landry on defense. If you roam Landry in the middle of the field in coverage and get a pass across the middle. If you hit the hitstick 1 second before the WR catches the ball to absolutely demolish him as soon as he goes to catch it.....freeze everytime.

I mentioned that earlier in this thread. Another guy had it happen too.

I'm kinda disappointed in myself for buying this game. If people could just boycott Madden for a year, there'd be giant improvements for the next year. The formula of releasing a game every year stifles their innovation.

I mentioned that earlier in this thread. Another guy had it happen too.

I'm kinda disappointed in myself for buying this game. If people could just boycott Madden for a year, there'd be giant improvements for the next year. The formula of releasing a game every year stifles their innovation.

It's ridiculous. Literally I'm not exaggerating either.....One of my friends can say make the game freeze.....and give me 2 passes to make it happen.

I am willing to volunteer to run a league with some users. It doesn't have to be all official and etc. It doesnt have to be 32 teams and u can choose whatever team u want to play with. We can have a short 8 game season with playoffs if you want depending on users? Thoughts?

The thing that is aggravating me right now is that I can't seem to get anyone injured. I am in my second franchise season and not one major injury. At most, I've had people knocked out for the game I am currently playing. I have the slider up to 100 also.

Ethan Albright got injured for the season in maybe my second game. Other than that, no major injuries.

It's ridiculous. Literally I'm not exaggerating either.....One of my friends can say make the game freeze.....and give me 2 passes to make it happen.

It's funny because at first you might say "Yeah! Crushed him!" then a second later, "Dammit!"

*recent game rant*

Why do people who are down by 28 with three minutes left to go and don't have the ball reject the mercy offer? Why? Do they think they're "getting back" at the dude they're playing? Do they honestly think they can recover three onside kicks in a row? It makes no damn sense.

The Truth Detector, those are some of the reasons why I only buy Madden every 5 years. I really wish they didn't have an exclusive license. They were so much better with competition.

I would also like to add that I hate the preset first down measurement cut scenes. I believe there are two of them, and they are exactly the same every time. If it's one angle, you know you made it, and if it's the other you know it's short.

The angles the defenders take are really frustrating too. I'll find myself having to compensate with my controlled player because my teammate is just running alongside the guy with the ball. Sometimes I end up accidentally running into the teammate, and the guy who should've been stopped for a maximum 15 yard gain goes for a touchdown.

Exactly.Look at how NBA Live and 2k9 are pushing each other.Even right now the Madden hype machine is in full effect.Ian Cummings has already stated they are working on Madden 11. Why would anyone with any common sense believe anything these liars have to say.They lied about Madden 10 for 6 months .Released it and now Ian Cummings and the Madden 10 have disappeared.They were exclusively on operationsports.com but now with all these problems with the finished product they have not said a word.Everything you see on Sunday my behind.

I'm going shoping for a new TV today but i dunno what to buy LCD or Plasma? I do a lot of Gaming onling with my Xbox360 playing madden so i dont want to get a TV thats going to have burnt images in it....

ps not going to go all crazy and get the best of the best something around the 600-800 dollar range 42"-or little bigger...

LCD all the way. Plasmas have a laundry list of downfalls. Plus, i didn't think they were even manufacturing that many plasmas now at this point.

LIES!!

I'd say the laundry list for LCD's is much longer than Plasmas.

I currently have a 46" plasma that I game on all the time with no issues - however, it depends on your situation which TV is better.

Got my ps3 and Madden 10 last night and I'm in awe. First game I lost to the Jets, 34-3. It was ugly. Second game I played Jacksonville and came from down 10-0 to win 13-10 as time expired and my third game, I shut out San Francisco, 38-0.

Things that I find humorous:

On the info about the players during the game, it says, "Fred Smoot - 9th year in NFL, 3rd with Washington" Lol.

And Marko Mitchell's rated higher than both Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly... Funny.

=Hubbs

Why do people who are down by 28 with three minutes left to go and don't have the ball reject the mercy offer? Why? Do they think they're "getting back" at the dude they're playing? Do they honestly think they can recover three onside kicks in a row? It makes no damn sense.

I do that a lot. It's usually because the other guy is beating me on a particular play or defense, and I want the extra plays to work on improving against those looks. Mainly because the only time I'm behind like that is if someone has a play that they keep running over and over and are burning me. I'll keep changing up until I find some way I can somewhat contain it, that way I can beat the next guy who's doing something similar without giving up a couple touchdowns first.

I'm never trying to "get back" at the guy, I just feel that if you step onto the field you should be man enough to finish out the game without whining. Football is about adjusting to your opponent, not just who has the best couple plays they have figured out. I wouldn't keep trying to onside and hail mary though. I just play out the game as if there was no time limit to work on my game against a good opponent.

I do that a lot. It's usually because the other guy is beating me on a particular play or defense, and I want the extra plays to work on improving against those looks. Mainly because the only time I'm behind like that is if someone has a play that they keep running over and over and are burning me. I'll keep changing up until I find some way I can somewhat contain it, that way I can beat the next guy who's doing something similar without giving up a couple touchdowns first.

I'm never trying to "get back" at the guy, I just feel that if you step onto the field you should be man enough to finish out the game without whining. Football is about adjusting to your opponent, not just who has the best couple plays they have figured out. I wouldn't keep trying to onside and hail mary though. I just play out the game as if there was no time limit to work on my game against a good opponent.

I would understand that if that's what I did. People who play like that annoy the crap out of me. I rarely call an offensive play more than twice per game (other than a couple really basic running plays), and I have about two dozen defensive plays that I'll use depending on the circumstances.

The guy in question (who I played yesterday)... he was just getting pwned.

Exactly.Look at how NBA Live and 2k9 are pushing each other.Even right now the Madden hype machine is in full effect.Ian Cummings has already stated they are working on Madden 11. Why would anyone with any common sense believe anything these liars have to say.They lied about Madden 10 for 6 months .Released it and now Ian Cummings and the Madden 10 have disappeared.They were exclusively on operationsports.com but now with all these problems with the finished product they have not said a word.Everything you see on Sunday my behind.

It seems to me that there should at least be some kind of overlap in Madden development. Their philosophy seems to be "Let's improve on the previous year" and they work on the next game after they complete the current year's. That doesn't seem to be getting them very far.

If you look at all the great games, they are in development for 2-5 years at least. Madden needs to be using separate teams for short and long term goals. Everything they produce seems really short-term, and they fall back on the excuse that they need to release a game every year so big improvements can't be made.

I got this game 2 days ago, have only played two games so far, I swear I have seen at least 10 measurements for 1st downs, when clearly they are first downs. Also, the cut scene for the goal line stuff is horrible. I might take it back tonight, not that impressed so far, I loved NCAA 10, but not sure about Madden this year.

Archived