Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I've been streaming the Sunday Ticket from DTV for over a decade and they only allowed 1 stream so while I would love more streams, 2 is better than 1 although marginal.  As for cost, the ticket with the online package has been close to $400 for a few seasons now so it's not a huge jump.  Take advantage of the presale and its a $100 cheaper whether you are a Youtube TV subscriber or not.

Streaming with Directv was always an add on to the base satellite service. You had to prove you couldn’t have a dish in your location to get the streaming or pay the $99 bucks a year for the student streaming service. 

The two streams is a massive deal breaker for a lot of people. Tvs are much cheaper these days and a lot of people setup many on sundays. The fact that you can’t even pay for additional streams beyond 2 with YouTube tv is absurd. 

Sometimes there are 9 or 10 games in the Sunday 1PM eastern slot. To watch all of them you need 5 separate instances of Sunday ticket on YouTube. That’s $1250 bucks. If I could sync all the streams I would consider it but they are all off by a few seconds from each other no matter what you do.  

I called Directv yesterday and I’m in the process of converting to a commercial account. It’s going to cost a lot more and I won’t be able to stream and some of my channels will be gone but I’m too locked in. They have a special process to switch from residential to commercial and keep your equipment otherwise I would have to buy all new receivers. I’m pissed off massively about the whole thing. 

15 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Streaming with Directv was always an add on to the base satellite service. You had to prove you couldn’t have a dish in your location to get the streaming or pay the $99 bucks a year for the student streaming service.

This wasn't my scenario. You can always order just the base Sunday ticket package which is just games on your television. And you can also for an extra $125 add the online portion to it as well which is what I did every year. It was called Sunday ticket max.

I'm one of those guys watching three or four different TV sets every Sunday but due to the Sunday ticket streaming restrictions I had to use nefarious links and cast them to the TVs.

On a side note I hope they fix the lag, I think the DirecTV stream was always about 30-40 seconds behind the actual broadcast.

12 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This wasn't my scenario. You can always order just the base Sunday ticket package which is just games on your television. And you can also for an extra $125 add the online portion to it as well which is what I did every year. It was called Sunday ticket max.

I'm one of those guys watching three or four different TV sets every Sunday but due to the Sunday ticket streaming restrictions I had to use nefarious links and cast them to the TVs.

On a side note I hope they fix the lag, I think the DirecTV stream was always about 30-40 seconds behind the actual broadcast.

Directv was always a dish delivered first service so most people in their ecosystem had receivers for multi TV setups and added the Max option to get access while out of the house. There is no option with Youtube TV to have more than 2 streams and if you order Red Zine with the Sunday Ticket package that counts as one stream.

I got a 3 week trial of Youtube TV and the lag is horrible. It's 15 seconds behind Directv and if you have multiple streams none of them are in sync. So if you have the Redskins on one screen and Red Zone on another, the Red Zone stream can be 5 to 10 seconds ahead of the Redskins stream and if multiple teams are in the red zone you have to decide to watch it live on a postage stamp on the second tv or be behind by a whole play on the other tv. The whole thing sucks.

I called Directv and I'm in the process of converting to a commercial account. Businesses can still order Sunday Ticket from Directv but it's a significant increase in cost and you lose many channels and no streaming of any of the channels like you can do on a residential plan. So I have to pay more than double, commit to 2 years and get way less than I was before. I'm beyond pissed off.

Edited by SoCalSkins

@SoCalSkins saw your post in then team sale thread about 2 stream limit. We use YTTV for the last year or so, I enjoy it personally, but don’t know enough about the Sunday ticket offering. I’m considering purchasing but logistics of it I’m unsure of. 

can the two streams be anywhere or have to be inside the home? Like if we’re traveling can I watch on my phone and someone else in the house? 

also, can the games be recorded? Or is it a delegate interface and platform than base YTTV? I was assuming it was essentially extra channels

but because people can buy it without YTTV, and you said they have different streaming limit systems, it sounds like it’ll be different UIs possibly

7 hours ago, “Misdirection” said:

@SoCalSkins saw your post in then team sale thread about 2 stream limit. We use YTTV for the last year or so, I enjoy it personally, but don’t know enough about the Sunday ticket offering. I’m considering purchasing but logistics of it I’m unsure of. 

can the two streams be anywhere or have to be inside the home? Like if we’re traveling can I watch on my phone and someone else in the house? 

also, can the games be recorded? Or is it a delegate interface and platform than base YTTV? I was assuming it was essentially extra channels

but because people can buy it without YTTV, and you said they have different streaming limit systems, it sounds like it’ll be different UIs possibly

I just paid the early bird 289 for Sunday Ticket and RedZone. Both now show in my list of channels that can be downloaded so I take that to mean I can record games.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, “Misdirection” said:

They can be anywhere and they can be recorded. YTTV has unlimited DVR. If you order Sunday ticket with Red Zone, Red Zone counts as a Sunday ticket stream. If you order the sports package which includes Red zone it doesn’t count against the Sunday Ticket Stream. 

So two separate people in different regions can share and each watch a Sunday ticket stream. They can also each watch Red Zone if purchased as part of the sports package. Local games don’t count against Sunday Ticket streams. Local channels count against the base plan stream which is 3 streams anywhere. They also have a 4k add on for YTTV that also unlocks unlimited streams of non Sunday ticket content at a single location. 

The interface is clean and for a streaming service it is very good. I wish they had an unlimited stream from the same house option for Sunday ticket like they do everything else. I could live with the lag if that was available for a reasonable price.  Ur it isn’t and it doesn’t meet my needs but for most people it’s a legit option. 

YTTV is weak on regional sports. They don’t have the station that has the Lakers in Southern California. So it’s not for me but for cord cutting it’s probably the most complete one. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I ended up switching to a business account on Directv. I had to buy a bunch of replacement receivers, pay more for everything including a grand for Sunday ticket. Not allowed to have a DVR on a business account and no login to stream anything. I also had to sign a two year agreement. I did all of that and I’m now set and locked in. I was not happy about the price but I came to terms with it to watch all the games on a bunch of tvs. 

Then I just saw this tweet. Why did they not announce this from the beginning? I prefer directv because there is no lag and all the tvs are in sync but the main reason I switched to business and paid all that money was the two stream limit YouTube was imposing. Too late for me now but giving the rest of you a heads up that you will get unlimited streams at home with YouTube plus 2 streams outside the house.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:40 PM, SoCalSkins said:

So I ended up switching to a business account on Directv. I had to buy a bunch of replacement receivers, pay more for everything including a grand for Sunday ticket. Not allowed to have a DVR on a business account and no login to stream anything. I also had to sign a two year agreement. I did all of that and I’m now set and locked in. I was not happy about the price but I came to terms with it to watch all the games on a bunch of tvs. 

Then I just saw this tweet. Why did they not announce this from the beginning? I prefer directv because there is no lag and all the tvs are in sync but the main reason I switched to business and paid all that money was the two stream limit YouTube was imposing. Too late for me now but giving the rest of you a heads up that you will get unlimited streams at home with YouTube plus 2 streams outside the house.

So, to watch all the games without dicking around with links to stream sites, I just need youtube TV?

On 6/16/2023 at 9:40 PM, SoCalSkins said:

I ended up switching to a business account on Directv. I had to buy a bunch of replacement receivers, pay more for everything including a grand for Sunday ticket.

I must be missing something, I thought directv lost nfl sunday ticket and it was now exclusive to YouTube TV.

I canceled hulu and got YouTube TV with sunday ticket for that reason.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

How is it?

I honestly couldn't tell ya, sorry.

My wife watches YouTube TV where as I watch stuff like Netflix and paramount. 

I only got it for Sunday ticket.

I haven't heard any complaints from her yet though 

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I honestly couldn't tell ya, sorry.

My wife watches YouTube TV where as I watch stuff like Netflix and paramount. 

I only got it for Sunday ticket.

I haven't heard any complaints from her yet though 

What do you do for NFL network, ESPN, etc?

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

What do you do for NFL network, ESPN, etc?

YouTube TV but I don't really watch ESPN or nfl network until the season starts .

Occasionally I'll watch other sports on the network channels but for the most part I just stick to the rerun services during the offseason. 

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

YouTube TV but I don't really watch ESPN or nfl network until the season starts .

Occasionally I'll watch other sports on the network channels but for the most part I just stick to the rerun services during the offseason. 

Youtube TV has both of those? Interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I must be missing something, I thought directv lost nfl sunday ticket and it was now exclusive to YouTube TV.

I canceled hulu and got YouTube TV with sunday ticket for that reason.

Directv still has the satellite rights for commercial establishments like sports bars, restaurants and offices. YouTube Tv has exclusive rights for residential. 

I converted my residential account to a business account. I had to swap all my receivers. I lost the ability to record. I can’t have HBO. It costs more and Sunday Ticket is a thousand bucks. When I made the change YouTube TV was limiting Sunday ticket streams to two devices at a time. That didn’t work for me. I have like 16 tvs in my sports watching area.

After I made the switch I saw that YouTube Tv changed their mind and will now allow unlimited streams from a single location. I’m locked into a 2 year contract now so I’m stuck. I do prefer satellite over streaming because with streaming if you have the same game on more than one tv they will be off by several seconds or more. So it gets annoying, but that sync issue alone is not worth all the extra cost. So I’m pissed off they didn’t announce unlimited streams on YouTube tv to begin with. I would have gone with that. 

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, to watch all the games without dicking around with links to stream sites, I just need youtube TV?

No you need Sunday ticket from YouTube. It’s available as an add on to YouTube tv or stand alone. You don’t have to have YouTube tv to get Sunday ticket.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

you need Sunday ticket from YouTube. It’s available as an add on to YouTube tv or stand alone. You don’t have to have YouTube tv to get Sunday ticket.

Correct, it just costs more as a stand alone than an add on plus as an add on if you ordered before June 6th I think it was it was even cheaper 

I already had hulu live so I could watch the national games and ESPN etc so it just made sense to cancel that and get YouTube TV and add on Sunday ticket.

8 hours ago, redskinss said:

Correct, it just costs more as a stand alone than an add on plus as an add on if you ordered before June 6th I think it was it was even cheaper 

I already had hulu live so I could watch the national games and ESPN etc so it just made sense to cancel that and get YouTube TV and add on Sunday ticket.

Offer ends 9/19: Save $50.

Did you have a better offer before June 6th?

18 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Youtube TV has both of those? Interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Switched from Directv to Youtube tv about4 months ago. It took a little getting used to (only because wife and I had Directv for many years and were so used to its format) but I really like it now. Its cheaper, started out at $63 a month but it went to $73 a month now. Can record unlimited programs, no hardware other than your normal internet connection. You can sign up and try it for free (forget how long, 2 weeks?). ESPN comes with, plus Im a big premier league watcher and it has the NBC affiliated channels. You can also add channels that dont come with the packages for a single channel fee, though most of the usual ones are included, ESPN, NFL Network etc. Wife likes it because it has a more "traditional" live channel guide you can scroll.

We also have a couple subscriptions that help fill in the holes such as Pea**** which carries remaining Premier League games.  Almost forgot, you can cancel at anytime via the app, no commitments, no sales people.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Can record unlimited programs, no hardware other than your normal internet connection

Yeah that too and you can watch it and your recordings anywhere you go without having to haul a clunky receiver around. 

For example my wife and i have a summer camp and all I had to do was log in on my smart TV up there where as with direct TV I would have had to get additional receivers and another dish and pay for them. 

I agree it's much better than direct TV and I'm also liking it more than hulu live but as I said before I haven't quite explored it fully yet.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 2

I currently have YT TV, and it'll cost me $300 to add Sunday Ticket. Seems like a scam. Last year, since I'm an apartment dweller, I was able to take advantage of the Sunday Ticket streaming option, and it was $150 I think.

Current YT TV subscribers should get more than a $50 discount.