Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politico: Glenn Beck Calls Obama a "racist" seen on Fox

AsburySkinsFan

You know what... I bet he does. I bet he is also a bit race sensitive. I also think as the past five days and five or six threads we've had about race has shown... many of us are.

Still, I think that is far removed from being a "racist" as it is commonly defined which still makes Beck's comments :silly: or :evilg:

As commonly defined is the defining issue,perhaps Beck needs to clarify his statement like O did?;)

Do you, or do you not disagree that #3 is true?

It is true. But it didn't apply to this case. By putting it in his answer, Obama drew a connection between racial profiling and this case. Sweet didn't ask him about racial profiling, he volunteered the racial profiling frame.

Ok then, since we agree that #3 is true, then isn't it plausible that the scenario with Gates was indeed an example of #3?

Bingo, Obama was fast to pin the tail on the donkey wasn't he? Even though it had nothing to do with the case.

Edit: So, are you ever going to answer any of my questions?

Well, Obama did automatically assume that the cop in question arrested Gates based on racial discrimination even though he didn't know the facts.... Sounds like racism to me. The only way to end racism is to just stop talking about it!

1) Obama didn't say that.

2) that's not racism.

Why would he even bring that up if he didn't feel like it had something to do with this case?

Because he is racist and bigoted against cops?.....NO<NO<NO:silly:

He is just sensitive to the black experience and wants to share a moment

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2009/07/23/obama_scolds_cambridge_police/

But the president added that it is “just a fact’’ that African-Americans and Latinos are disproportionately stopped by police - evidence “that race remains a factor in our society.’’

Oh he didn't?

I must have been the only one in this thread who actually watched the press conference.

How about using the entire quote from the same article you posted:

"I think it’s fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there’s a long history in this country of Afri can-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately,’’ the president said. “That’s just a fact.’’

"I think it’s fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and, number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there’s a long history in this country of Afri can-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately,’’ the president said. “That’s just a fact.’’

Read thread.

If it's "separate", then why bring that up ?
I don't know, probably because Gates was complaining about racial profiling.

Claiming that the President really thought racial profiling was going on when he specifically said he didn't know is called spinning the President's comments.

Not that she doesn't deserve it, but Coulter seems to be so bad she needs to be added to the list twice.
And yet SHE thinks the Birthers are :insane:

Obama: dumb statement? :yes:

Racist? :no:

Glenn Beck: psychotic lunatic? :yes:

How about another Obama quote everyone leaves out

"He then shows his ID, that this is indeed his house. AND AT THAT POINT, gets arrested for disorderly conduct."

1) His ID shown was a Harvard ID, which did not prove he lived there.

2) He was NOT arrested "at that point".....he was arrested after a long, cuss-laden screaming tirade at the cops, after being warned several times to stop. NOT, right after he showed his ID.

Look who's spinning the story here - the POTUS

Why would he add statement three, if he didn't believe this was a case about racial discrimination? WITHOUT knowing the facts?

It's called adding context to why Gates was yelling that he thought he was being racially profiled after he had been arrested.

It is amazing.

I have never seen such a collection of oppressed people in my life. This is all they can talk about. How the "Man" is keeping them down. How the cards are stacked against them. How they are never treated fairly. How people assume that they are criminals.

My hat is off to you, ooffended straight White man. You have your outrage meters set on full steam ahead. :silly:

As commonly defined is the defining issue,perhaps Beck needs to clarify his statement like O did?;)

Yup :D

You and I have disagreed on about 80% of the issues we discuss on this board, but still you communicate with humor, depth, and a sense of proportion. Is it asking that much for someone who is paid handsomely to discuss politics to live up to your standards? Or to a professional standard?

I mean sure we disagree about everything. When I said Art Monk was long overdue for the Hall of Fame, you said, you disagree and countered "There is no Hall without Monk." When I said, "What a great win!" You said, "I love when the Cowboys lose" When I say, "Damn Refs" you... well, you're on the refs side aren't you? :tantrum:

And who names himself after a defunct airlines anyway :rant:

It's called adding context to why Gates was yelling that he thought he was being racially profiled after he had been arrested.

And yet the cops get 'stupidly' while Gates gets empathy?

Can we safely say O contributed to the ASSumption Gates was justified in being a ASS?

Why would he even bring that up if he didn't feel like it had something to do with this case?

Read the whole answer again, even the very end. It makes sense when read together.

He bring up race to explain why some people in the African American community calm racism against authority, even when there is none and the actions of the authority are for good causes. He is not saying it okay, not saying it is fine. He is merely explain why it happens.

"when there are honest misunderstandings, the fact that blacks and Hispanics are picked up more frequently, and oftentime for no cause, casts suspicion even when there is good cause."

You see it is adding context. Some see it as giving credence to Gates' claims.

If he just could've stopped at "I don't have the facts, but I think we all would be pretty angry," his answer would have been golden. The fact that he wasn't able to stop there is the problem.

How about another Obama quote everyone leaves out

"He then shows his ID, that this is indeed his house. AND AT THAT POINT, gets arrested for disorderly conduct."

1) His ID shown was a Harvard ID, which did not prove he lived there.

2) He was NOT arrested "at that point".....he was arrested after a long, cuss-laden screaming tirade at the cops, after being warned several times to stop. NOT, right after he showed his ID.

Look who's spinning the story here - the POTUS

What does that have to do with you alledging that Obama said that race played a factor in the arrest of Gates?

.......I have never seen such a collection of oppressed people in my life. This is all they can talk about. How the "Man" is keeping them down. How the cards are stacked against them. How they are never treated fairly. How people assume that they are criminals.

My hat is off to you, ooffended straight White man. You have your outrage meters set on full steam ahead.

Whats amazing is how much that sounds like this quote from Gates........

"As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=104&pid=0&sid=1725138&page=2

Leveraging his race to gain....and it Worked

"Whitey" couldn't keep him out of Yale!

You see it is adding context. Some see it as giving credence to Gates' claims.

If he just could've stopped at "I don't have the facts, but I think we all would be pretty angry," his answer would have been golden. The fact that he wasn't able to stop there is the problem.

Hey you say it is a problem, maybe he saw it as a moment to talk about the issue open and honestly, when there are facts bearing out that racial profiling happens. We can talk about it and learn something.

I think we can handle it.

Archived