Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politico: Glenn Beck Calls Obama a "racist" seen on Fox

AsburySkinsFan

OHH going back and reading again, my RIF skills are lacking.

You are disputing my he wants equality for all by removing it from the top 5%.

and using real quotes as opposed to just drive by one liners..

got it.

:)

:yes:

My bad for implying that is what you meant.

From earlier in the thread:

Concerning Beck, I really like him and watch his show nightly. Do I think Obama's agenda is hurting and will continue to hurt this country? Yup! Do I think he's racist? No, just misinformed and arrogant.

Now, would you actually like to respond to the quotes from Obama and just one of the lines giving preference to minorities in the healthcare bill or do you want to continue putting words in my mouth?

Inherent prejudice...yes...inherent racism...no...I don't think Obama feels that his race/culture is more dominant just because they are black.

your hanging the technical part of the definition.

by that definition Obama's remark about his Grandmother being inherently racist because she is 'afraid' of the black men across the street also doesn't qualify.

You have to dig down into the 'why' they think that way. And then your just guessing. This is why you don't play the race card unless its obvious. Otherwise you blur the lines.

Though i think Obama's life up to now to include his books and comments and associates show a "whitey" thought or two. Does that make him a raging racist? No. A passively ambivalent racist that redirects it to more constructive processes. Yes.

Inherent prejudice...yes...inherent racism...no...I don't think Obama feels that his race/culture is more dominant just because they are black.

I like how everybody is redefining the term racist to strictly mean "feeling that your race is superior" now that it suits them.

Nappy-headed hoes. Gorilla Glue. Lynching tiger woods.

Were the people who said those things being racist? Under your new definition, absolutely not.

Remember when Bill O'Reilly went to a restaurant in Harlem and was called a racist for commenting afterward that it was just like any white restaurant?

This is the double standard.

:yes:

From earlier in the thread:

Now, would you actually like to respond to the quotes from Obama and just one of the lines giving preference to minorities in the healthcare bill or do you want to continue putting words in my mouth?

You say giving preference to minorities/poor, as if minorties/poor have equal health insurance as those who can afford it, unless I am missing something.

No, i'm saying based on his own words about his Grandmother.

he feels there is an inherent racism in white people

I say there is an inherent racism in all people.

And he is using his inherent racism to fix what he sees as an injustice.

No he feels there was an inherent prejudice in his grandmother and possibly others who were brought up at that time..it is a fact that some people felt the same way as she did baed on what was going on...this is just a fact.

I don't think there is inherent racism in all people...inherent prejudice, yes. We are not robots, we are humans.

And i don't think he is using it to fix an injustice, he is doing what he feels is right. There are plenty of white poeple who believe in what he is doing.

Heck according to liberals All Presidents are racists, well unless the guy they voted for is liberal then their biases are ignored until they are blatantly out there or evidence like who he associated or associates with makes it hard to defend him as Beck pointed out.

I like how everybody is redefining the term racist to strictly mean "feeling that your race is superior" now that it suits them.

Nappy-headed hoes. Gorilla Glue. Lynching tiger woods.

Were the people who said those things being racist? Under your new definition, absolutely not.

Remember when Bill O'Reilly went to a restaurant in Harlem and was called a racist for commenting afterward that it was just like any white restaurant?

This is the double standard.

Ok here is the definition of racism:

–noun 1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Now if people are going to call Obama a racist, at least have some facts to back it up...because just based on his cabinet, he is no where near a racist. That's all I am saying.

As far as O'Reiley and his comments, my question is why was he surprised that it was like a white retsaruant?? What did he expect? He made the statement so what was he thinking? Did he have a pre-conceived notion of what he thought would be going on in the restaraunt?

Ok here is the definition of racism:

–noun 1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Now if people are going to call Obama a racist, at least have some facts to back it up...because just based on his cabinet, he is no where near a racist. That's all I am saying.

As far as O'Reiley and his comments, my question is why was he surprised that it was like a white retsaruant?? What did he expect? He made the statement so what was he thinking? Did he have a pre-conceived notion of what he thought would be going on in the restaraunt?

I'm perfectly fine with that definition. But it seems the criteria for being a racist is extremely broad if you're white and very limited if you're black.

I don't know what O'Reilly was thinking. But if we're going to project racist thoughts into his head, you have to accept people doing the same thing to Obama in this case.

The solution is, don't be so quick to label anyone a racist, whether they're black or white.

I'm perfectly fine with that definition. But it seems the criteria for being a racist is extremely broad if you're white and very limited if you're black.

I don't know what O'Reilly was thinking. But if we're going to project racist thoughts into his head, you have to accept people doing the same thing to Obama in this case.

The solution is, don't be so quick to label anyone a racist, whether they're black or white.

Oh i know it is going to happen with Obama, because that is th enature of the beast. That's why I am saying that he is not a racist. Do you really think the he would have been elected if he was a racists?

We need to talk about race/prejudices (from a white and minorities perspective) more open and honestly, which I don't have a problem with at all.

You say giving preference to minorities/poor, as if minorties/poor have equal health insurance as those who can afford it, unless I am missing something.

Giving preference to any race under any circumstances is wrong. Good idea, let's give every minority a bigger crutch and a bigger reason to say "hey, I don't have to work as hard!" The attitude of entitlement breeds laziness.

Preference rules out the best of the best getting positions, grants, scholarships, etc. It doesn't help, it only magnifies the issue of race and inhibits growth of all groups of people.

Giving preference to any race under any circumstances is wrong. Good idea, let's give every minority a bigger crutch and a bigger reason to say "hey, I don't have to work as hard!" The attitude of entitlement breeds laziness.

Preference rules out the best of the best getting positions, grants, scholarships, etc. It doesn't help, it only magnifies the issue of race and inhibits growth of all groups of people.

How is giving someone access to health insurance that they will have to pay for a crutch and promotes laziness??? How is giving one an oppurtunity to go to college when they otherwise couldn't afford it making them lazy? I don't understand this logic at all.

How is giving someone access to health insurance that they will have to pay for a crutch and promotes laziness??? How is giving one an oppurtunity to go to college when they otherwise couldn't afford it making them lazy? I don't understand this logic at all.

Really? You don't understand the logic in them getting preferential treatment for the above because of the color of their skin? Is there a more blatant way to show racial prejudice?

Really? You don't understand the logic in them getting preferential treatment for the above because of the color of their skin? Is there a more blatant way to show racial prejudice?

So you think that it is because of the color of their skin and not their economic situation? It couldn't be because have can't afford to go to college? It couldn't possible be that they have worked hard and just need/want an opportunity??

Glenn Beck is an idiot.

Not for what he believes was behind this, but for now allowing the left wing and their minions in the media to shift the topic from where it belongs, on Obama and what he did, to the right wing talk jock response to it.

Way to go Glenn, you gave the media the out they needed to protect Obama.

Oh, and NBC's response this morning was to get Michelle Malkins take on it. Brilliant. Sort of like Matthews beating up Liddy for the Birthers movement. It's a winning model for them. Find a kook on the far right, and make the country think they are a true representation of the GOP.

Glenn Beck is an idiot.

It's good to hear two conservatives in this thread call out their own when they behave poorly. :cheers:

Every group has its idiots and every genius has his idiotic moment. There's no shame in honesty. In fact, it makes all your other arguments stronger.

So you think that it is because of the color of their skin and not their economic situation? It couldn't be because have can't afford to go to college? It couldn't possible be that they have worked hard and just need/want an opportunity??

This line:

"Training individuals who are from under represented minority groups or disadvantaged back grounds."

....and Obama's reference to reparations in the quote I posted focus on race and giving minority groups preferential treatment. It's absolutely because of the color of their skin and their ethnicities.

Also, everyone has the same opportunity through education to advance themselves. There are so many scholarships. Bust your ass and do well in high school and the doors will be there for you to go through. Everyone, no matter race or economic condition has the ability to go to school and apply themselves. Instead, we make excuses for them when they don't, only inhibiting them.

This line:

"Training individuals who are from under represented minority groups or disadvantaged back grounds."

....and Obama's reference to reparations in the quote I posted focus on race and giving minority groups preferential treatment. It's absolutely because of the color of their skin and their ethnicities.

Also, everyone has the same opportunity through education to advance themselves. There are so many scholarships. Bust your ass and do well in high school and the doors will be there for you to go through. Everyone, no matter race or economic condition has the ability to go to school and apply themselves. Instead, we make excuses for them when they don't, only inhibiting them.

Do you honestly think Obama wants reperations for minorites??? Do you know what would happen if he even tried to to that??? I mean lets get real here.

You keep saying everyone has the same oppurtunity? So every school in different areas have the same text books, same oppurtunites to learn the same things? So the quality of schools across the country are equal? Have you been to some of the DC public schools???

And yet in still there are kids there I am sure that bust their ass but that doesn't change the fact that some of them can't afford to go to college because of their economic situation. That's not an excuse, that is a fact.

Do you honestly think Obama wants reperations for minorites??? Do you know what would happen if he even tried to to that??? I mean lets get real here.

That's why this all works so perfectly. He said so himself he wouldn't want reparations because they don't do enough. All of the plans that are continuing to come out of Washington are attempts at "leveling the playing field".

You keep saying everyone has the same oppurtunity? So every school in different areas have the same text books, same oppurtunites to learn the same things? So the quality of schools across the country are equal? Have you been to some of the DC public schools???

And yet in still there are kids there I am sure that bust their ass but that doesn't change the fact that some of them can't afford to go to college because of their economic situation. That's not an excuse, that is a fact.

Everyone has the same opportunity, no matter what school, no matter what textbook, to apply themselves in those situations and do the best they can and achieve the best grades. Then in turn, they are able to earn scholarships which give them the monies to go to college. It's not a hard thing to understand, but excuses are made for everyone at every turn as to why they can't achieve this.

Guess what? I could never afford to go to college, that's not a luxury I have because my parents don't make that sort of money. What were my choices? Earn it or not. I did through applying myself in high school and getting grades that I knew were good enough to earn scholarships.

That's why this all works so perfectly. He said so himself he wouldn't want reparations because they don't do enough. All of the plans that are continuing to come out of Washington are attempts at "leveling the playing field".

Everyone has the same opportunity, no matter what school, no matter what textbook, to apply themselves in those situations and do the best they can and achieve the best grades. Then in turn, they are able to earn scholarships which give them the monies to go to college. It's not a hard thing to understand, but excuses are made for everyone at every turn as to why they can't achieve this.

Guess what? I could never afford to go to college, that's not a luxury I have because my parents don't make that sort of money. What were my choices? Earn it or not. I did through applying myself in high school and getting grades that I knew were good enough to earn scholarships.

And who says minoities/poor are not busting their ass/applying themselves to do the samething you did to go to college, despite not being able to learn from quaility text books, or texts books at all?

There are people who bust their asses, get good grades, apply for scholarships, and still don't get them. So they have to go elsewhere to find funds to go to school i.e. Financial aid, pell grants, etc.

But somehow this is a handout for lazy minorities/poor people.

Glenn Beck is an idiot.

Not for what he believes was behind this, but for now allowing the left wing and their minions in the media to shift the topic from where it belongs, on Obama and what he did, to the right wing talk jock response to it.

Way to go Glenn, you gave the media the out they needed to protect Obama.

Oh, and NBC's response this morning was to get Michelle Malkins take on it. Brilliant. Sort of like Matthews beating up Liddy for the Birthers movement. It's a winning model for them. Find a kook on the far right, and make the country think they are a true representation of the GOP.

Beck, Coulter, Liddy, Malkin, Palin and their tens of mllions of followers ARE a true representation of the Republican party and the conservative movement as a whole.

And who says minoities/poor are not busting their ass/applying themselves to do the samething you did to go to college, despite not being able to learn from quaility text books, or texts books at all?

There are people who bust their asses, get good grades, apply for scholarships, and still don't get them. So they have to go elsewhere to find funds to go to school i.e. Financial aid, pell grants, etc.

But somehow this is a handout for lazy minorities/poor people.

From someone who is going by the technical definition of racism you are getting all fuzzy on affirmative action and quotas ;).

Midnight Judges:

Beck, Coulter, Liddy, Malkin, Palin and their tens of mllions of followers ARE a true representation of the Republican party and the conservative movement as a whole

who you callin an awhole? ;)

I like how one side is allowed to throw random generalizations everywhere. While the other has to be laser precise in both grammar and meaning.

See MJ,

I don't think that's necessarily so. There are some great conservatives out there who have some really useful and often better idea. I do think the reality of the Republican Party right now is FOX, Rush, Bush, Cheney, O'Reilly, Coulter because that's what their actions as the head of their party, the very limited negative reactions to it from within the party, and because those are the ones who have the loudest voices within the party.

Still, the majority of Conservatives are where the majority of good, honest Liberals were eight and a half years ago. They are floundering and in need of a new identity. Personally, I hope they suceed in finding one, because the counterbalance is necessary and more in some arenas Conservatives have better ideas and plans than Liberals.

See MJ,

I don't think that's necessarily so. There are some great conservatives out there who have some really useful and often better idea. I do think the reality of the Republican Party right now is FOX, Rush, Bush, Cheney, O'Reilly, Coulter because that's what their actions as the head of their party, the very limited negative reactions to it from within the party, and because those are the ones who have the loudest voices within the party.

Still, the majority of Conservatives are where the majority of good, honest Liberals were eight and a half years ago. They are floundering and in need of a new identity. Personally, I hope they suceed in finding one, because the counterbalance is necessary and more in some arenas Conservatives have better ideas and plans than Liberals.

I agree they need a new identity, but I think the masses are not with Kilmer. Honest conservatives like Robert Samuelson (WP) and David Brooks are almost irrelevent to the Republican party right now. They are out there but severely outnumbered by the followers of James Dobson, Republican radio, and Sarah Palin.

I agree there are some good moderate conservative policies out there. But it seems like the intellectuals advocating them are largely ignored.

Beck, Coulter, Liddy, Malkin, Palin and their tens of mllions of followers ARE a true representation of the Republican party and the conservative movement as a whole.

Well it's certainly the way the media portrays it. And it's certainly easier to think that than it is to have to fight the actual GOP and their platform.

B is right, they are the loudest and have the biggest "shock value". But the media also knows that by propping them up, they help their own liberal slant.

Archived