Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comedian -- Louis C K (NSFW)

Die Hard

My best friend introduced me to this comic this evening.... told me to Youtube his material.... because his comedy reminds him of a lot of the stuff I joke about.

Holy crap... I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time. I see some of his clips date back to 2004... so maybe I'm just late to the game.

But if you haven't checked him out before.... look him up. You'll spend the next few hours busting a gut laughing through the clips.

And feel free to post some of your favorites -- minus the expletives -- in this thread :)

Just to get the ball rolling:

Yeah Louis is funny as ****. His HBO sitcom was too. Shame that didn't make the cut.

I agree on those other two as well, Doug Stanhope and Dave Attel are funny as hell.

Joe Rogan is a good one too. There are so many good ones played on Raw Dog. Makes the drive more bearable.

Louis CK has been my favorite comic for the last 2 years or so now. He's awesome. He's very much following the George Carlin way with his material. He comes up with his whole routine, tours with it and ends with a televised special. Then, he stops doing that material completely and starts coming up with a new routine.

I just recently watched Daniel Tosh. He has a strange delivery, which takes a few minutes to get used too, but then it becomes very funny. If you have Netflix, check his standup out on the watch instantly.

I love louis c.k. he is completely original and hilarious. His family material is some of the funniest **** i have ever heard.

He is right up there with the best comics right now.

There are only two comedians that I like more at the moment: Bill Burr and Dave Chappelle.

Dave Chappelle maybe the best stand-up comic ever and Bill burr is just very very funny.

yeah dude is funny. i heard somewhere that dane cook stole some of his material. not sayin that it's true, just sayin i heard it.

It's true. There used to be a couple of good clips of comparisons on youtube, but they have been taken down. There was also a clip of Louis on a radio show talking about it, lamentably also removed.

Comedians are funny because they share humor in stories that people can relate to.

All I have to say about Dane Cook is.... I don't get him at all. I've NEVER laughed at anything he says. Quite frankly, I believe he's probably the least funny of any comedian I've come across... which is a lot.

Cook's schtick is to tell stories of every day life/experience that he believes we all share..... except we don't... because his descriptions/experiences are stupid. Not to mention his stupid hand gestures and incessant pacing back and forth.

Cook -- "Do you ever wake up in morning... and you're hungry. So you decide to eat toast.... because you finished the pizza you ordered for supper last night. And as you butter your toast..... but before you finish buttering your toast... your ex-girlfriend calls and tells you she had an abortion?!!"

No Dane, sorry. Never happens like that for the rest of us. And it's just dumb.

• 3 years later...

I'm a huge fan, saw him here in NYC a few months ago. My favorite comedian by far. When they were filming the first episode of Louie I actually rode my bike past them wonder what the hell was going on, it was the scene where their bus broke down in the "bronx" and he got car service for all the kids home. I saw all the cars lined up wondering wtf. It was actually in Greenpoint Brooklyn, not the bronx lol.

• 2 months later...

Anybody see this maniac over the weekend?? Oh what a show. What were your favorite bits??

He freaking had the entire crowd on pins and needles at one point ... he started into this bit where he said he knows he believes in doing and thinking the right and moral thing in life, but he sometimes can't help to think, "maaaaaaaybe" there's another side of the coin that should be considered.

His first example he goes, "I know the Make a Wish foundation is great, but maaaaaaaaaaybe we are wasting a memory on a kid that is going to die in a week. Maybe there is some kid in another country that has no legs but's he is healthy as an Ox and is going to live until he's 90. Maaaaaaaaaaybe we give him the memory! hahaha.

Then he goes, "I know it's right that we keep kids with peanut allergies safe by taking precautions ... but maaaaaaaaaybe, if we just turned a blind eye for a year, the problem would naturally take care of it's self" (in other words, all the kids with the allergy would die off and we could start off fresh) sick ... I know. So we all laugh.

Then ... then he goes. "I know slavery was a horrible and devastating thing ..." And this point, being in downtown Baltimore, everyone, just freaking gasped. I mean the whole place.

CK then goes, "okay you F'ers, it was okay to laugh at kids dying from peanut allergies, but you can't laugh at this?? Nooooo, we are in this together now!"

Man ... what a genius, we all died. I thought the joke ended there, but he goes, "so maaaaaaaaaybe, slavery does have a few pros." We wouldn't have pyramids, we wouldn't have this, or that, etc." Then he ends the show by saying, "we wouldn't have people jumping off buildings to build the Iphones you have in your pockets!!"

Oh, what a show. The guy is great!

Archived