Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are you looking forward to seeing this Pre-season most?

Malcomb Kelly

My preseason attention will focus on Brennan, Chase, 'Rak, and Thomas.

Oh, and a healthy dose of praying that Kelly's knees don't give out, and hoping that we get Haynesworth the hell off the field as quickly as possible.

Haynesworth (Orakpo honorable mention)

We'll know right away whether or not Albert is going to be dominant or help others to perform at a high level by what they do in the pre-season. It truly will be a "vanilla" (to use a horrible cliche) defense, so we'll get to see what our base defense can do without much scheming and trickery. It should show how powerful the front 7 can be, we hope.

Here is the only thing that matters at all during preseason.

How our FIRST STRING offense plays against other FIRST STRING defenses.

Good teams without any scheming and good QB play do this. QB consistently throws for a high percentage each game, and offense walks down the field on the first drive. Teams like the Patriots, Colts, etc do this each preseason. It typically shows they have a level of competency playing against vanilla schemes.

The Skins since Gibbs I in preseason typically have embarrasing QB numbers, low point production, and general incompetency on the field by the starters...which year after year prove to be the same incompetency we show during the season.

A competent offense in preseason is not a bad thing. Incompetency is....although the "Preseason doesn't matter" chorus will chime in loud upon seeing lousy preseason production.

I know who I am least wanting to see...

The team Doctor getting on the field.

Really can't wait to see all of them, especially the Defense. Would like to see who is going to step up in the backfield on offense behind Portis and Betts.

And of course MIKE WILLIAMS.

Haynesworth (Orakpo honorable mention)

We'll know right away whether or not Albert is going to be dominant or help others to perform at a high level by what they do in the pre-season. It truly will be a "vanilla" (to use a horrible cliche) defense, so we'll get to see what our base defense can do without much scheming and trickery. It should show how powerful the front 7 can be, we hope.

I doubt we'll see too much of Haynesworth in PS, they know what he can do & probably won't want to risk him being out there any longer than necessary.

I'm interested to see if K Barnes has any game at all at the pro level.

I'm interested to see if K Barnes has any game at all at the pro level.

Good point, love the sig. I also want to see if Tryon or Barnes can beat out Smoot. I love Fred but it is time we have some youth backing up Rogers and Hall. I hated everytime Springs went out not knowing what was going to happen. It would be nice to see Horton progress and then Barnes or Tryon to show promise. I know corner is difficult to come into as a rookie, but I hope Barnes can do well.

I want to see our D Line, including Big Al and ORak in action.

I want to see our Offense and JC playing more confident (quicker decisions out of our QB).

I want to see Barnes make someone puke and LaRon put fear into WRs.

I want to see our 2nd rounders from last year making an impact, and our 7th rounder putting on a show.

I also want to see DeHall play like he did in Atlanta so everyone will stop their yapping.

Oh, and I'd love to see CB lighting it up against the 2nd teamers and Collins relegated to 3rd string. Nothing against Collins, but I really hope Brennan steps up his game this year, not just in preseason games but overall so that we have a solid guy behind JC for years to come (or someone to take over if JC is injured or isn't so hot this season).

I'm one of those odd few who cheer for both our QBs and like both of them.

1. Malcolm(B) Kelly-He's the key to improving our third down conversions and the biggest red zone weapon that we need to develop this year.

2. Devin Thomas-It's up to him to open up the downfield passing game. If he can prove to be an effective WR opposite of Moss and can make an impact on games then teams can no longer roll all of their coverage to Moss.

3. Brian Orakpo-I want to see his explosiveness, his pass rush moves, his hustle, all that he can bring to the defense.

Archived