Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are you looking forward to seeing this Pre-season most?

Malcomb Kelly

Haynesworth (Orakpo honorable mention)

We'll know right away whether or not Albert is going to be dominant or help others to perform at a high level by what they do in the pre-season. It truly will be a "vanilla" (to use a horrible cliche) defense, so we'll get to see what our base defense can do without much scheming and trickery. It should show how powerful the front 7 can be, we hope.

A lot of what made Haynesworth so dangerous at Tennessee was the stunting and rotating they did with him between DT and DE. If you're expecting to measure him by seeing how much straight push he can create in the probably very few snaps he sees in a vanilla base defense, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Personally, I just want to see Jason and the receivers, specifically Thomas and Kelly.

I doubt we'll see too much of Haynesworth in PS, they know what he can do & probably won't want to risk him being out there any longer than necessary.

I'm interested to see if K Barnes has any game at all at the pro level.

Ha ha ha, I love your sig! I will be watching the receiving core, Orakpo, and Bid Al! In that order:D

Brennan

Kareem Moore

Alridge

Devin Thomas/Malcolm Kelly/Marko Mitchell

Hunter Smith

Fincher (I think he could win a starting LB spot)

Mike Williams

Be good to see Dockery out there as well.

Truant you should roll out to the arena this season for some games.

:cheers:

Pretty much anyone who isn't a 1st stringer/starter. I don't think preseason means much for the incumbent and assumed starters. Performance in preseason one way or the other has no real correlation to how things go in the regular season. What I look for in those 4 games is someone who unexpectedly shows up big time. Last year, it was Chris Horton who delivered in preseason, was given an opportunity in the regular season, and did great. Without that opportunity, he might have been on the bench a whole lot more.

If I have to name individuals, Maybe Orakpo will solidify his position at DE or OLB. Glenn, Henson or Thomas might shine at SSLB. I'd like to see how Barnes, Tryon and Westbrook perform, and who will take the last CB roster spot. The 5th WR position with Marko Mitchell, Roydell Williams, Keith Eloi will be interesting. I'd really like to see Big Mike Williams dominate at RT, and Chad Rinehart at RG. For me, it's not so much about individuals as it is the position battles, even if it is for guys low on the depth chart.

Truant you should roll out to the arena this season for some games.

Definitely gotta catch some games with the AZ Skins fans!

I about crash my car when I see another Skins sticker on the road. Not enough of us here.

So you think Orakpo would permanently slide to DE and Fincher would become our SAM?

While I'm not a non-believer in Rak at OLB, I think we may use him situationally to start the year. Blades would probably have the inside track, but I like Fincher's game and I think he could bide time till Rak is ready.

I'd rather see Rak become a great pass rusher before he becomes a great LB.

While I'm not a non-believer in Rak at OLB, I think we may use him situationally to start the year. Blades would probably have the inside track, but I like Fincher's game and I think he could bide time till Rak is ready.

I'd rather see Rak become a great pass rusher before he becomes a great LB.

I actually agree somewhat...I believe in Blache and however he may be overhauling our defense with Haynesworth and Orakpo (and Zorn wanting it to be more aggressive this year), and I know Blache has had pretty good sack numbers from his LBs in previous years, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Orakpo really just be a pass rusher first before anything else.

I also said prior to the draft that if we didn't get an LB of sorts for the SAM spot, I believe Blades would be able to fill in sufficiently enough like he did last year.

Another guy I forgot to mention I'd like to see in the preseason that I've seen others post: Aldridge and Dorsey

I'd like to see what these guys have in returning punts, as well as their overall speed/agility in the backfield.

Brennan

Kareem Moore

Alridge

Devin Thomas/Malcolm Kelly/Marko Mitchell

Hunter Smith

Fincher (I think he could win a starting LB spot)

Mike Williams

Be good to see Dockery out there as well.

I like this list. Specifically our key areas of need - Big Mike in action - can he become a starter? our ? at wide receiver. Which of our drafts will step up?

How our FIRST STRING offense plays against other FIRST STRING defenses.

A competent offense in preseason is not a bad thing. Incompetency is....although the "Preseason doesn't matter" chorus will chime in loud upon seeing lousy preseason production.

+1. Especially against the Ravens and Pitt's defense. Those 2 defense will go a long way on how the season will/could be.

Archived