Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 Players In Uniforms That Just Look Wrong. What player tops your list?

deejaydana

This is an interesting look back at some legendary players and where they ended up in the twilight of their respective careers. I have to admit the picture of Favre in a Vikes uni is, well, really strange looking (even after he played last year for the Jets). I had forgotten some of these moves (Olajuwon ended up in Toronto?) but the question is this:

Which was your most painful player move/defection? For me the strangest that I never acclimated to was Joe Montana in a Chiefs jersey. What's your personal choice?

Link to article:

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/players_in_wrong_uniforms/intro.html

John Riggins in a Jets jersey

He started as a Jet, tho. So, shouldn't it be the other way around, for the sake of the thread? Not that it was painful to see Riggo in a Redskins jersey, but rather, maybe someone else should be placed there instead of him...just a thought.

so wait- did Brett actually sign w/ Vikings? I knew it might be..

Nothing has officially happened, but I think conventional wisdom points to him signing with them some point soon. I bet defenses (esp. in that division) are licking their lips at the opportunity to pick him off some more.

Bruce Smith/Andre Reed as Skins was odd.

Thurman Thomas with the Fins.

Chris Carter as an iggle.

Deion Sanders as a skin

Jerry Rice as Raider/Seahawk

Emmit Smith as a Cardinal

Reggie White as a Panther

Brett Favre Jets/Vikings (when it happens).

John Randle as a Seahawk.

Actually, I'm going to add Marcus Allen to that list of mine. Even though I hate the Raiders on a level I normally reserve for just the Cowboys, seeing Allen in a Chiefs uni at the end of a great career just didn't look right to me. Once again, Evil Al Davis at work! I still think he refuses to retire Allen's number. What a schmuck he is.

Kwame Brown? The same Kwame Brown who ended up being a collossal bust? I haven't followed basketball in awhile...

Kwame Brown is an average player in the league still. And I think ACW's point was that it was wrong to see him in the hometown's team uniform because he was such a horrible pick (in a weak draft.)

Archived