Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stupid Ipod

MissU28

:( My Ipod (a 4 year-old 2 gig nano) kirked out on me while at the gym today. Well, I think it was originally the gym yesterday, but I was able to use it for half my workout today before it froze.

Basically, my scroll wheel won't respond. I have restarted it multiple times (pressing down on Menu/select key) and I have plugged it into my computer and did a complete system reset. It recognizes when something's plugged into it (recognizes the computer, syncs songs from the computer, recognizes when I plug in ear phones), but the wheel won't work!!!

Any fix-it tips or do I need to buy a new one:mad:

Did you take it to the apple store? Sounds like probably some moisture might have gotten in there and shorted out the click wheel if none of the functions are working.

Hopefully its an easy fix but if not check the apple refurb store they had a special going on like a week ago for $99 8 gig of the new nano. It is a refurb but they do a great job and you cannot tell outside of the box it comes in that its a refurb.

Like this?

5688492_lg.jpg

There's a ton of them for under 50 bucks

yeah, the clip is supposed to have great sound quality, and it's tiny. Not quite as small as an Ipod shuffle, but it does have a screen so there is some sort of interface to deal with. The clip makes for a nice small mp3 player that shouldn't get in your way. May not be the best primary device, but beats out the ipod shuffle as a nice cheap small device in both quality and value.

:( My Ipod (a 4 year-old 2 gig nano) kirked out on me while at the gym today. Well, I think it was originally the gym yesterday, but I was able to use it for half my workout today before it froze.

Basically, my scroll wheel won't respond. I have restarted it multiple times (pressing down on Menu/select key) and I have plugged it into my computer and did a complete system reset. It recognizes when something's plugged into it (recognizes the computer, syncs songs from the computer, recognizes when I plug in ear phones), but the wheel won't work!!!

Any fix-it tips or do I need to buy a new one:mad:

Now you're free. Go buy a Zune an get the Zune pass. Way better imo.

Did you take it to the apple store? Sounds like probably some moisture might have gotten in there and shorted out the click wheel if none of the functions are working.

Hopefully its an easy fix but if not check the apple refurb store they had a special going on like a week ago for $99 8 gig of the new nano. It is a refurb but they do a great job and you cannot tell outside of the box it comes in that its a refurb.

Sigh. I hate Apple stores. I hate everything Apple. I don't go in there unless I have to. Maybe I can open it up myself.

hockeysc has a point. how do you carry your iPod? In hand? Neoprene carrier? A friend of mine, same thing happened they opened it up and the inside had salt deposits.

But 4 years is a pretty good run for an iPod.

I had it in an armband....but I definitely haven't always kept it in one

LOL @ "kirked out"

that's my slang, son

Here's how you fix it: DON'T BUY IPODS!! :)

Yeah, I broke down and got one years ago.... I didn't know much about the alternatives

Now you're free. Go buy a Zune an get the Zune pass. Way better imo.

I don't know anything about the Zune, and what's the Zune pass? How much do Zunes cost? Won't people make fun of me? I thought Zunes were lame?

I have a Zune and I wouldn't recommend buying it if you really like working out and listening to music. Zune's are bulky and really uncomfortable to use when you work out.

But if that's not a problem for you, Zune's are much better than Ipods in terms of simply listening to music or watching videos. I have about 5000 songs, about 25 movies, all seasons of South Park, Family Guy and The Office and I still have about 60 gigs to spare. The screen is basically why I got it because I love watching shows, music videos and movies on it during work and other boring activities lol.

I have a Zune and I wouldn't recommend buying it if you really like working out and listening to music. Zune's are bulky and really uncomfortable to use when you work out.

But if that's not a problem for you, Zune's are much better than Ipods in terms of simply listening to music or watching videos. I have about 5000 songs, about 25 movies, all seasons of South Park, Family Guy and The Office and I still have about 60 gigs to spare. The screen is basically why I got it because I love watching shows, music videos and movies on it during work and other boring activities lol.

I only use my ipod when working out- seriously, I never use it otherwise. I have about 5 gigs of songs on my computer, but I don't really need something with a ton of space.

I really don't want to fork out $150+ again :(

I don't need video, I don't need crazy ****. All I want is to be able to see what song I'm listening to, so I don't want a "shuffle" type thing.

Archived