Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favre to Vikes (confirmed).

DTN Redskin

It's called "The Rumor Mill" for a reason. It's not the "Journalism Class" or the "Fact Mill".

1. rumors still need some validity to them, not some guy throwing **** against the wall to see what sticks

2. It's under the heading of "rumor mill" to prevent liable suits

3. you don't print rumors as fact, even imposing your own slanted opinion, and chastising the players in the process

And...of course it's someone else's story. Who's else would it be unless said person reported it themselves? You're waaaay too uptight about rumors, especially considering he gets paid by ads on his site and now NBC (higher traffic hopefully means more ad clicks).

then why report it as a first hand account?

several site's report stories second hand but they give full credit to the original source, at the beginning of the report, usually posting quotes, and not rewriting the story to appear they are breaking the story.

Favre is an upgrade over what they have,but I dont think this makes them superbowl faves by any account. Its the nfl injurys can and will happen. Just like the guy who said Ed reed will have the chance to pick him off....Is it every other year ed reed is hurt,or perhaps taking one of his annual hamstring weeks off? dont get me wrong I think hes the best current safety in the game but thats not my point....My point is Farve is trying to stick it to the pack soo bad,that karma could very well catch up and hurt a key member of that squad.Plus its possible the 2 williams wont be as good now that there not juicing it up.

To be fair, that was posted on June 21, and the PFT article was psoted on the 23rd.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/06/radio-station-favre-vikings-have-reached-a-deal.html

Despite the denial of agent Bus Cook, a Minnesota radio station is reporting that the Vikings have reached an agreement with Brett Favre to bring the quarterback out of retirement.

On Sunday, Cook refuted a report by PFT that the sides had reached a deal.

Guys, Farve played horribly last year. His brain still can read the defense, but his arm can't make the throws he used to make. Trouble is, he still tries to make those throws, lol.

He was playing really well the first half of the season. He threw for 6 TDs in one game even. He got hurt in the second half and tried to play with a messed up arm. He can still play.

He was playing really well the first half of the season. He threw for 6 TDs in one game even. He got hurt in the second half and tried to play with a messed up arm. He can still play.

I'd say, Just ask the Cardinals. If Favre didn't throw those 6 TDs, Cards would have won and Anquan probably wouldn't have had his jaw broken going for that TD pass.

It's called "The Rumor Mill" for a reason. It's not the "Journalism Class" or the "Fact Mill".
A rumor is supposed to have a source (reliable or not). It's against the rules to make up your own rumor and post it in the rumor mill. Florio should have a "speculation mill". He fabricates his own stories.

Ill believe the North can be a good division when I see it. You assume way to much and give too much credit to a division that had two teams at 6-10 or worse last year. Until someone dethrones the NFC East, it is the beast of the NFL. Consider than that in the past 3 seasons the East has produced 8 of the 18 NFC playoff teams. Thats one away from half. The division has seen only two teams with a losing season in the past 4 years(thats 2 out of 16), no other division has come close.

On the main subject, it would shock me to NOT see Favre with the Vikings this year. He's invested too much into it not to really be serious about playing for the Vikings.

Archived