Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Express Lanes Out of FedEX - For Premium Parkers Only

Dan T.

Unless the Redskins are constructing new road lanes, getting out of FedEx is going to be more difficult this season for regular ticket holders:

___

"Starting in the 2009 season, The Washington Redskins have designated

two (2) parking areas, Lots A1 * A2 and Lots E1-E2, at FedExField as

SUITE HOLDER PLATINUM PARKING ONLY

Leaving the stadium will also be faster, as we are introducing express

lanes for our suite owners and selected other premium customers."

___

So those in regular lots will be squeezed down into fewer lanes while those premium ticket holders will breeze by in a lane dedicated to them.

This furthers the perception that for Dan Snyder, money talks. And regular fans be damned.

Are the roadways around FedEx Field public roads? If so, someone should look into the legality of using public roads for private gain, i.e., restricting them for use only by those who have paid a premium price. Otherwise, those roads - every lane of them, belong to the public, not to premium seat holders.

Are the roadways around FedEx Field public roads? If so, someone should look into the legality of using public roads for private gain, i.e., restricting them for use only by those who have paid a premium price. Otherwise, those roads - every lane of them, belong to the public, not to premium seat holders.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Darth Dan has looked into the legal end of this :(

How many frigging suite holders are there anyway?

And how many of them actually show up to games?

Is this and the expanded platinium lots really needed?

Those are really good questions. I never remember seeing the Platinum Lots filled very often. But this sounds stupid. Let them out first so everyone else has to wait and sit in traffic. Great idea!

Hahaha. One day Snyder will build a new stadium that will only have enclosed suites and skyboxes. Ironically no one in those suites will be able to watch the game live because an analog screen the size of a football field will be the only thing in view. The games will actually take place on top of this screen.

Good luck season ticket holders. I have my name on the list but I don't think I'll be joining these shenanigans.

Go Dan Snyder FC!

It doesn't sit well with me that everything needs to be tied to the ability to pay. His scheme for express gates into the stadium came with the assertion that it would not affect the wait for regular entry into the stadium.

But these express lanes will affect the wait for those exiting in regular lots.

Aren't the roads that lead up to the stadium proper public roads?? I understand the need to have traffic control into and out of the stadiums, but can Snyder section off a section of public highway for his profit??

**Edit** I see DanT had the same thought. I think this might get challenged.

The release from the team makes it seem that you'll be sent out in color-coded lanes, just like when you enter. I just hope they turn off the premium lanes once they've all left.

They better be stocking up on orange cones. Or will they be installing temporary lane dividers? How are they going to keep people in their lanes?

In the frustration involved in the post-game traffic, I'm sure there will be more than a few that will be willing to blaze a new trail for others. :D

They better be stocking up on orange cones. Or will they be installing temporary lane dividers? How are they going to keep people in their lanes?

In the frustration involved in the post-game traffic, I'm sure there will be more than a few that will be willing to blaze a new trail for others. :D

Yep. Anything short of jersey walls isn't going to keep people in specific lanes leaving the stadium.

Archived