Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Express Lanes Out of FedEX - For Premium Parkers Only

Dan T.

That won't happen, because as much as people like to piss and moan about the steady downward slide of the gameday experience at Fed Ex, few have the actual courage to take a stand and stay home. Snyder knows this, and that's why he does what he does.

Nothing is impossible. Five years ago, who would have believed GM would be in bankruptcy?

It probably won't happen in the next few years, but as the "waiting list" erodes from a continual parade of new STHs replacing old ones, one day the well will run dry. That's assuming Snyder continues propagating his "Haves over Have-nots" policies, which, at this point, is a fair assumption to make. After all, it's taken him ten years to get to this point with the team. He doesn't seem to have a very fast learning curve. When, and if, he figures out that even Redskins fans have a limit, it may be too late.

What could he do to stop it? Lower ticket prices? Improve the game day experience? Improve the on-field product?

Hmm, you may be onto something here...

It's a novel concept...you think it might actually happen?

Art Model (when the Ravens were still the Browns) more than once bought the outstanding tickets to keep the Blackouts from happening.

Nothing is impossible. Five years ago, who would have believed GM would be in bankruptcy?

It probably won't happen in the next few years, but as the "waiting list" erodes from a continual parade of new STHs replacing old ones, one day the well will run dry. That's assuming Snyder continues propagating his "Haves over Have-nots" policies, which, at this point, is a fair assumption to make. After all, it's taken him ten years to get to this point with the team. He doesn't seem to have a very fast learning curve. When, and if, he figures out that even Redskins fans have a limit, it may be too late.

See above for good reasons why Snyder would never allow blackouts to happen. He'd cut prices first. Look at Six Flags - when attendance dropped, so did prices. They've got a buy-one-get-one free deal running right now. You'd see the same at Fed Ex if it ever got to the point that blackouts were a real possibility.

They've got a buy-one-get-one free deal running right now. You'd see the same at Fed Ex if it ever got to the point that blackouts were a real possibility.

Personally, I think this would be more embarrassing than blackouts.

Personally, I think this would be more embarrassing than blackouts.

He already cut prices on the obstructed seats, not once but twice.

I wouldn't surprised if he cut prices for UL GAs if they keep burning through one and done first year STHs at this rate.

He already cut prices on the obstructed seats, not once but twice.

I wouldn't surprised if he cut prices for UL GAs if they keep burning through one and done first year STHs at this rate.

I don't think price-cuts would be bad...I was referring to the 2-for-1 policy that was instituted at Six Flags.

In the midst of all this talk though, remember that winning will cure much of this. If the Redskins make a strong run into the playoffs, all of a sudden tickets become a hot commodity again...

And with that Dan T. hits the nail on the head! :cool:

See above for good reasons why Snyder would never allow blackouts to happen. He'd cut prices first. Look at Six Flags - when attendance dropped, so did prices. They've got a buy-one-get-one free deal running right now. You'd see the same at Fed Ex if it ever got to the point that blackouts were a real possibility.
Yes.

Prices have already essentially dropped for club tix. When seats empty, the prices will come down.

Yes.

Prices have already essentially dropped for club tix. When seats empty, the prices will come down.

So which happens first? Do tickets go begging, resulting in a price drop, or do the Redskins get back to being a perennial playoff team, which drives up demand for tickets?

So which happens first? Do tickets go begging, resulting in a price drop, or do the Redskins get back to being a perennial playoff team, which drives up demand for tickets?

I don't wanna know the answer. If ticket prices are dropping, that means we'll be playing like crap. I want us to start winning, but like you said, that would just lead Danny to raise prices.

Those concrete jersey walls may be portable, but that'd be a hell of a task to install them during the game and then remove them a few hours after.
Couldn't they keep them permanently in place in the center of the road? There could be two straight rows of them. Then on game days, they could shove them to one side pre game and the other side post game.

There's a machine that does that -

Zipper_I95_JRB_3.jpg

After reading a lot of these threads, I just wonder if Danny knows what he is doing. I have several friends who tailgate around the lot over there by Garrett Morgan Blvd(E33 I believe). I haven't really seen any construction going on over there. I live practically down the street from the stadium, and drive around it everyday to get home. Only thing I see everyday are drifters and go-kart racing.

Couldn't they keep them permanently in place in the center of the road? There could be two straight rows of them. Then on game days, they could shove them to one side pre game and the other side post game.

Zipper_I95_JRB_3.jpg

Is that Vinny driving?

Zipper_I95_JRB_3.jpg

Suddenly it's looking more feasible.:doh:

One of those machines would probably run about $200k? new from the factory?

Should Caterpillar send the bill to Annapolis or Upper Marlboro?

Suddenly it's looking more feasible.:doh:

One of those machines would probably run about $200k? new from the factory?

Should Caterpillar send the bill to Annapolis or Upper Marlboro?

A $1 surcharge to all General Admission tickets outta do the trick... :)

See above for good reasons why Snyder may not have the power to not allow blackouts to happen. There are so many things he's doing wrong to cause the turnover that's happening, I question his capacity to plug the dyke (he only has ten fingers, I think). At the rate he's burning through the fan base, it might take more than price cuts to fill the GA seats. Blackouts are not an impossibility - not with the amount of ill will he has created, and his current trend to create more.

You can say it can't or won't happen, but you'd be wrong in doing so, because nobody knows for sure.

See above for good reasons why Snyder may not have the power to not allow blackouts to happen. There are so many things he's doing wrong to cause the turnover that's happening, I question his capacity to plug the dyke (he only has ten fingers, I think). At the rate he's burning through the fan base, it might take more than price cuts to fill the GA seats. Blackouts are not an impossibility - not with the amount of ill will he has created, and his current trend to create more.

You can say it can't or won't happen, but you'd be wrong in doing so, because nobody knows for sure.

As I've mentioned before, I've shared season tickets with about 8 different friends over the years. All of them are still in the area and can easily afford tickets...but they have absolutely zero desire to go back to that place. For me, 2008 was the first time in over 20 years that I didn't go to a single Redskins game.

I know basing this theory on my small sample size of 9, which is about .0001 of the stadium, is silly...but I'd say blackouts are,at the very least, possible.

A perennial playoff team? You mean like the Patriots? Like the Colts? Like the Steelers? :rotflmao:

Dude, I'd be happy with one divisional playoff win.

am i being naive in holding on to my season tickets in hoping that I outlast Snyder?

and by outlast, i mean he'll lose the team. i don't wish death on the man, and i'm not trying to wait until he dies of old age... hell, he may even clone himself when he gets older. how bad woul dthat be... 100+ years of snyderism...

the current GM is not capable of producing a steady, consistent (good) team.

you don't do that by investing big bucks in your RB's, CB's, and WR's. You don't do it by making ridiculous contracts for one guy on the defensive line.

If you look at what the steelers, patriots, colts, hell the giants at this point look like a team that has their act together too, you'll notice one thing - they don't pay big bucks to any one person that has a breakout season (see the steelers letting going of all their LB's when they play well, and finding another just as good for cheap). And they invest in their o-line and d-line. Finally they keep their plan consistent.

we do none of that. int he last 10 years we've tried 7 qb's, we've signed any hot name in free agenecy with as much money as we can, we've changed coaches every other year and when we're not changing coaches we're changing systems. we haven't made a solid attempt at investing in our O-line in 3-5 years and it shows. and our answer to the D line is to get Haynesworth.

I'm not saying haynesworth isn't good - but the giants picked up 4 D Linemen that would start on ANY team in the league for 1/2 what teh skins paied haynesworth this offseason. and guess what? the giants are using them as backups. Thats right. For 1/2 what the skins paid, the giants have 9 defensive linemen that any team in the league would start... and we got 1. The giants are going to be nasty, and are going to have a 15 person rotating roster for the LB/D Line position... they're never going to be tired on defense.

thats how you create an amazing team. smart decisions like that.

Archived