Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Express Lanes Out of FedEX - For Premium Parkers Only

Dan T.

Yep. Anything short of jersey walls isn't going to keep people in specific lanes leaving the stadium.

Not sure about the north side lots,

What I suspect they'll do on the south side is make a thick wall of cones to divide the lanes from the platinum exit from that of from the orange and green exit lanes.

The cone wall will extend about a 1/4 from the mouth of the platinum lots, down to where the median strip on Morgan Blvd. begins. The median begins just past of the stadium property line where they check the parking passes when we enter.

The platinum parkers will have two of the three inbound lanes reversed for outbound traffic only, while the green and orange lots will have just the three normal outbound lanes to work with; instead of the five we've had for the past ten years.

This is what I suspect from the current layout of the roads since they aren't widening it.

Not sure about the north side lots,

What I suspect they'll do on the south side is make a thick wall of cones to divide the lanes from the platinum exit from that of from the orange and green exit lanes.

The cone wall will extend about a 1/4 from the mouth of the platinum lots, down to where the median strip on Morgan Blvd. begins. The median begins just past of the stadium property line where they check the parking passes when we enter.

The platinum parkers will have two of the tree inbound lanes reversed for outbound traffic only, while the green and orange lots will have just three exit lanes to work with instead of the five we've had for the past ten years.

This is what I suspect from the current layout of the roads since they aren't widening it.

A thick wall of cones won't do squat. I've seen cars drive straight down the far left lane of traffic that's SUPPOSED to be going in the opposite direction - and then blocking incoming buses because the ******* can't get back into his lane and nobody wants to let him in because he's a lane jumper.

It's a friggin' ZOO after the game. Nothing short of three feet of concrete will keep cars from jumping lanes. That's my prediction.

My suggestion: save some food for the grill for after the game!

hang out for an hour or two and breeze on home.

I would much rather be sitting in a lot with some friends eating a little grub than sitting in traffic ready to kill the dumb SOB in front of me for something he just did that waas completely moronic.

** on a side not **

I do not drive out of the stadium! I have a wife to keep me from having to do that nasty deed :silly:

My suggestion: save some food for the grill for after the game!

hang out for an hour or two and breeze on home.

I would much rather be sitting in a lot with some friends eating a little grub than sitting in traffic ready to kill the dumb SOB in front of me for something he just did that waas completely moronic.

** on a side not **

I do not drive out of the stadium! I have a wife to keep me from having to do that nasty deed :silly:

I had been contemplating beginning to do this BEFORE the new plans were announced.

I still wouldn't be inclined to do this after a night game - especially when our night games are scheduled this year, in cold weather.

I also don't have the luxury of a DD, or the decision would be A LOT easier.

It's a friggin' ZOO after the game. Nothing short of three feet of concrete will keep cars from jumping lanes. That's my prediction.

Those concrete jersey walls may be portable, but that'd be a hell of a task to install them during the game and then remove them a few hours after.

I don't have a problem with this.

I do. I have a problem with restricting public roadways to a subset of the population that has paid a private entity for the privilege of using them. It doesn't sit right with me. Especially since I've sat in a car in a regular lot, waiting an interminable amount of time just to get out of that lot.

I don't mind perks and benefits to premium seat holders, as long as it doesn't come at the expense or inconvenience of others. I can only imagine that taking away one or more lanes for the exclusive use of premium tickets holders only is going to make the exiting delays for regular lot parkers even worse.

(I'm usually up for a long postgame tailgate, but those I'm with often aren't.)

I still wouldn't be inclined to do this after a night game - especially when our night games are scheduled this year, in cold weather.

I also don't have the luxury of a DD, or the decision would be A LOT easier.

Agreed. The post game TG sucks when it's 1:00 AM and I have to drive home and work the next morning.

I can't booze anymore that point, so once I've had my post game meal there's really nothing left to do.

Unlike an afternoon game, no one wants to chill at the TG that late at night and the lot is full of drunks.

Those concrete jersey walls may be portable, but that'd be a hell of a task to install them during the game and then remove them a few hours after.

I don't think anyone sees this as a realistic option that would be implemented. The point is that anything less will not stop people from using all lanes. A wall of cones sounds more like a target than a deterrent.

I don't have a problem with this.

Neither do I. This change won't affect my enjoyment of the games from the comfort of my own living room one bit! I think of it as my own private suite - comfy leather chairs, climate control, private bathroom, private stocked kitchen, no traffic, full personal control of the guest list, and a great view thanks to a 50" HD screen! I can even pause/rewind the action thanks to my DVR!! No lines, and no ridiculous, ever-rising, costs! Nope, this traffic change has absolutely no effect on me and my love for this team!

Why do people pay all that money to go to games again? :whoknows:

Neither do I. This change won't affect my enjoyment of the games from the comfort of my own living room one bit! I think of it as my own private suite - comfy leather chairs, climate control, private bathroom, private stocked kitchen, no traffic, full personal control of the guest list, and a great view thanks to a 50" HD screen! I can even pause/rewind the action thanks to my DVR!! No lines, and no ridiculous, ever-rising, costs! Nope, this traffic change has absolutely no effect on me and my love for this team!

If you need it explained to you, you wouldn't understand.

... even with all the hassles...

Maybe you'll have a problem with it when there are enough disgruntled ex-STHs to cause blackouts of the Skins' home games. Then, you can choose who your guests will be to watch the Ravens' games on your 50" HD screen.

Maybe you'll have a problem with it when there are enough disgruntled ex-STHs to cause blackouts of the Skins' home games. Then, you can choose who your guests will be to watch the Ravens' games on your 50" HD screen.

That won't happen, because as much as people like to piss and moan about the steady downward slide of the gameday experience at Fed Ex, few have the actual courage to take a stand and stay home. Snyder knows this, and that's why he does what he does.

If you need it explained to you, you wouldn't understand.

You can't describe the smell of the gameday to those who don't go.

I need to smell that sweet gameday mix of beer, cigarette smoke, greasy food, charcoal and humanity to get a sense of belonging in my Autumn.

That won't happen, because as much as people like to piss and moan about the steady downward slide of the gameday experience at Fed Ex, few have the actual courage to take a stand and stay home. Snyder knows this, and that's why he does what he does.

It's not a matter of courage, it's more like logic. You can stay home without buying season tickets because you can always attend a game whenever you feel like it. There will always plenty of tix available in 92,000 seat house and we'll never have home tv blackouts. Stay home or go to the game, whatever floats your boat.

You can't describe the smell of the gameday to those who don't go.

I need to smell that sweet gameday mix of beer, cigarette smoke, greasy food, charcoal and humanity to get a sense of belonging in my Autumn.

Sounds like my living room...

Also Snyder would not allow for the Home Blackouts to happen he'd do what he could to stop it because of his ego...because think about it...do you think he wants to be remembered as the owner who allowed that to happen?

That would be a huge blow to his ego.

Also Snyder would not allow for the Home Blackouts to happen he'd do what he could to stop it because of his ego...because think about it...do you think he wants to be remembered as the owner who allowed that to happen?

That would be a huge blow to his ego.

What could he do to stop it? Lower ticket prices? Improve the game day experience? Improve the on-field product?

Hmm, you may be onto something here...

Archived