Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Brett Favre be a Viking by September 13?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes he will - what a dumb*** though. He could have gone down in history as one of the most beloved players if not the most of all time, had he just retired a Packer.

Unlike SF who had another future HOF in Steve Young in the wings ready to go. It was Favre year after year saying he was retiring, which is why the drafted his replacement.

He just comes off as a bitter old man. What a shame, things could have turned out so much better for him now and in the future (Brett Starr, Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman come to mind).

Should he not win a SB with a Vikings team that is loaded at every position but QB is major fail for Favre.

Yes he will - what a dumb*** though. He could have gone down in history as one of the most beloved players if not the most of all time, had he just retired a Packer.

Unlike SF who had another future HOF in Steve Young in the wings ready to go. It was Favre year after year saying he was retiring, which is why the drafted his replacement.

He just comes off as a bitter old man. What a shame, things could have turned out so much better for him now and in the future (Brett Starr, Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman come to mind).

Should he not win a SB with a Vikings team that is loaded at every position but QB is major fail for Favre.

Do you feel the same way about Montana, as he went to play with the Chiefs when he still had gas in his tank at 37? Or is this different because he's going to possibly play in the NFCN?

Do you feel the same way about Montana, as he went to play with the Chiefs when he still had gas in his tank at 37? Or is this different because he's going to possibly play in the NFCN?

Yes I think it is completely different. Montana wanted to play (as a starter). The coaching staff at SF realized SY was the better option, then Montana went to the other conference to play.

Despite drafting Rodgers Favre could have played 'till now. It was his insisence to retire year after year that lead the team to draft Rodgers in the first place, then after he told them not once but twice he was retireing the year before last, that he later changed his mind.

Since then he has been hell bent on joining the Vikings a pretty damn good team minus a QB.

The FO would have kept him as starting QB 'till he was in a wheelchair, the fans worshipeed him. Then he after retiring 2 times his last off-season with the pack he makes it his mission to not only play again but to play for the hated opponet, makes no sense to me?

The pack may not of even drafted Rodgers had Favre not year after year said or threatened to retire before then.

I do not recall Montana starting this drama, what I remember is Montana just wanting to play (and start) and letting all of us know it.

Looks like it may already be a done deal...

------------------------------------------------------

Vikings have already signed Favre, sources say

Agent denies report that QB, team waiting to turn in deal to NFL

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31475915/ns/sports-nfl/

NBCSports.com news services

updated 2 hours, 59 minutes ago

Brett Favre already has been signed by the Minnesota Vikings, who are waiting for the right time to announce it, Profootballtalk.com reported, citing unnamed sources.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, denied the report in an e-mail to the St. Paul Pioneer-Press, writing "no contract."

PFT said that it was tipped off by an officer with the U.S. military serving in Afghanistan, and later another unnamed source said, "I will not deny it either, I will leave it at that."

The officer also said that the Vikings have authorized Reebok to being producing Favre jerseys, a report that also was not denied by the second source.

On Friday, Vikings coach Brad Childress said that Favre is "pain-free right now" but would not say whether the team would definitely re-sign the retired quarterback, the St. Paul Pioneer-Press reported.

"My understanding is that he is pain-free right now," Childress told KFAN-AM 1130 in a radio interview. "Does he have the endurance and the stamina in that arm yet? He doesn't know that yet. It's no different than grabbing a golf club for the first time during the year when you rip around 18 holes, and you wake up the next day and your side hurts. You say, 'Geez, I haven't felt that muscle in a while.' So he's got to build some endurance in that and see if he thinks he can get it back to where he wants to get it."

One Vikings player who didn't speak as glowingly about Favre was defensive end Ray Edwards, who told ESPN that Favre should not have the same "prima-donna attitude" that he had last season with the New York Jets.

Childress dismissed Edwards' comments, saying "I think it was all in jest. Defensive linemen, usually by nature, hate quarterbacks, and that's OK.

"I talked to (former Viking) Tony Richardson, who was (Favre's) teammate at the Jets. He had nothing but great things to say about him. Did I get into, Did he have a separate locker? It's hard for me to see that. Of course, I know how Winter Park is set up. I think he'll be a great locker room guy. He's probably one of the better practical jokers out there over the course of 16 years, and he's not afraid to give it to anybody, and I think he'll be a tremendous teammate, as well.

"I think what that is is that's a guy that plays with passion, to a degree wears his emotions on his sleeve," Childress said. "You really don't really like quarterbacks that ride a roller coaster. Obviously his standard was usually pretty good. Could he get wild? Could he throw some interceptions? Sure he could. But he plays the game with enthusiasm and with excitement. There's kind of a boyishness even though he's approaching 40 years old."

The Pioneer-Press said that a Favre signing might not happen for awhile: Childress is spending next week fishing in Alaska with Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid, and Childress' daughter Cara is getting married July 11.

On Wednesday, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf told a group of very interested season ticket holders that the possibility of Favre playing for the Vikings next season hinges on Favre’s surgically repaired right arm.

“Right now, it’s all up to Brett Favre in terms of where his future is at,” Wilf told about 1,200 fans gathered at the State Theatre for a “State of the Vikings” event. “I’ll just leave it at that.”

The comments echoed Favre’s statement in an interview with HBO two days earlier. Favre said then that he is considering a return if his throwing arm will allow it and that the Vikings are the only team has has spoken to about a comeback.

Dr. James Andrews performed surgery on Favre on May 22 to address an injured biceps tendon. After throwing to high school students on Wednesday at Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss., Favre told WDAM-TV that he wasn’t ready yet.

“Dr. Andrews said more or less four weeks you should know if (surgery) was completely successful,” Favre said on Wednesday, about 3½ weeks after the surgery. “I threw a couple of balls today where I really felt it ... different places in my shoulder where it’s sore.

“I threw the ball OK, but OK isn’t good enough in the National Football League. At least not for me. So it’s got to get better.”

Coach Brad Childress, who has spoken to Favre on occasion this offseason about his interest in playing, told the fans during a panel discussion that Favre is doing everything he can to see if he has enough juice left in that famed cannon that will turn 40 this year.

“He’s trying to make a push to get back,” Childress said. “I just know this, he won’t play unless he feels like he’s able to play at the level that he’s playeed over the course of the years. I know he’s working hard.”

About 1,200 fans in attendance hollered boisterously at the mention of Favre’s name on Wednesday night.

There is no set deadline for Favre to make a decision, but training camp looms at the end of July, and Favre said he knows that the sooner a conclusion can be made, the better.

“I don’t need to wait for camp to say it’s 100 percent,” Favre told the television station. “I need to know before then, and so do the Vikings.”

In his first interview since being released by the New York Jets, Favre told HBO on Monday that if his arm “ever gets to the point where it feels like it did before it started hurting, then the biggest question mark is out of the way.”

Im going to go on record as saying that after extensive testing to see if his arm will hold up, the drama king will not return immediately and rumors will persist even into the season, where he may return around week 6, but yet again decide not to return, and finally will retire officially.

Doesn't bother me a bit. I hope he keeps playing as long as he wants. The man has a passion for the game. Who cares if it takes time for him to make a decision. Does it really matter? It makes for interesting news at the very least. I don't know why a lot of you act like he killed your grandmother or something.

Although I think with a healthy arm the Vikings will be intriguing to watch with him on the team, I don't find the will I won't I schtick to be very interesting anymore. Otherwise, I completely agree with your post, let the man play if he wants, its passion like his for the game that drives the NFL and keeps it from becoming just a big business. Do I wish ESPN would leave it alone until he makes a decision? Of course. But that isn't the world we live in, and we need to get used to that.

Archived