Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nostalgic over the 90's??? Anyone else?

SolidSnake84

For some weird reason, the other day i started watching some old shows on you tube that were on nickelodeon when i was a kid. My favorites back then were Are you Afraid of the Dark, Salute your Shorts, and later on, Doug.

Watching them i got surprised at how i felt. Man it was just as exciting to me again! I love Are you Afraid of the dark...seeing the intro i was surprised when it brought back memories. I used to watch that show with my neighbor when we were in elementary school. I mean i even remember the times the show came on...

Does anybody else get nostalgic over the 90's? For me i swear it was the best decade ever. Was it just being a kid and being care-free? I love websites like x-entertainment and retrojunk.com...

And it just seems to me that kids shows now suck compared to these old ones....maybe its just me

The cartoons were better back in the day. Animaniacs, Batman, Spiderman, and so on. I look at the trash that's on TV today and it's all anime now. The good Saturday Morning Cartoons started to die off after they started to spin-off already popular shows set in modern day with the dumb future crap. Batman and Robin was turned into "Batman Beyond". TMNT was turned into future crap with turtles who looked like they had taken steroids. The 90's Spiderman was turned into some wacky-looking futuristic Spiderman.

Sports were also better back then, I like to look back at clips of the Bulls dynasty. The other day I was sitting in front of the computer on Youtube watching the rerun of that Knick getting blocked three times by the Bulls. "Smith, stopped, SMITH STOPPED AGAIN"

The 90's were truly good times.

ABC has done a miserable job with the NBA finals, selling out to corporate companies. I don't recall NBC shelling time out for Year One or having some clown sing auto-tune for highlights.

This thread has got me snooping around Youtube for classic 90's moments. I was watching Game 7 of the 94 Eastern Conference Finals earlier, and of course I mentioned the

"The 4 point play"

Lakers - Bulls Game 2 Intro (1991)

So many good memories

What about TGIF on Friday nights? I always remember watching those shows every Friday. Full House, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, etc. Those were awesome!

Ah yes. Great times with the family!

Perfect Strangers

Step-by-Step

Dinosaurs

Hangin With Mr. Cooper

Now that it's almost a decade ago (which seems very odd) I think it's gotten to the point where the 90s identity is being melded. A few years ago I couldn't really see a difference between the 90s and the 00s. Need some time for hindsight.

Anyhow, I've been thinking about a lot of this stuff and though it may not have been better, it sure seemed it. I'm not the type that wishes I could relive my past, as I enjoy my present a lot. But there are certain things I look back on in with fond memories.

The WWF actually being the WWF. It's like once it went to WWE all the good got sucked out of it. I could actually watch basketball and baseball back then as well. Now, both of those sports bore me to tears. Watching Nickelodeon, that was awesome. I remember when I first saw Nick in 93...freaking blew my mind.

Yeah, I miss it to some degree. I went to high school from 94-98, and I enjoyed myself a lot, good times. The one downside was that the music was far, far better in the 1st half of the decade, about '90 - '96/'97 and then sucked chunks through the millenium.

The 90's was full of quality tv for young people. Mostly thanks to Nickelodeon.

Doug

Salute Your Shorts

Hey Dude (who didn't want to live on a dude ranch after watching this show???)

Rugrats

Pete & Pete

All That

The Secret World of Alex Mack

Clarissa Explains It All (I LOVED this show growing up and was so jealous of her awesome room and I always wanted a boy to move in next door (or at least somewhere on my street) so I could have a best friend who climbed through the window!)

The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo

plus not to mention all those game shows in Nickelodeon

And who else here got a hockey stick for X-mas after The Mighty Ducks came out???

It sure is weird seeing people ten years younger than I get nostalgic, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. :)

I remember at the time thinking the 90s were SO different than the 80s, but now looking back they were a lot alike. Except for the whole grunge thing.

I think MTV actually still had some music on then too lol. I remember when TRL was actually good

TRL didn't start until the late 90's I don't think. And I remember when it was just Total Request at night with Carson Daly. He was in this little futuristic, spaceship looking studio reading people's requests. Then they started the afternoon broadcasts with just him. Sometimes random guests would pop in. Then the audience was introduced and they started having a bunch of live acts on the show. TRL hit its prime with Backstreet Boys, N Sync, and Eminem, as odd as that combo seems. I do remember when that Tom Green song about butts or something was #1, haha.

The 90's was full of quality tv for young people. Mostly thanks to Nickelodeon.

Doug

Salute Your Shorts

Hey Dude (who didn't want to live on a dude ranch after watching this show???)

Rugrats

Pete & Pete

All That

The Secret World of Alex Mack

Clarissa Explains It All (I LOVED this show growing up and was so jealous of her awesome room and I always wanted a boy to move in next door (or at least somewhere on my street) so I could have a best friend who climbed through the window!)

The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo

plus not to mention all those game shows in Nickelodeon

And who else here got a hockey stick for X-mas after The Mighty Ducks came out???

Nickelodeon was epic in the 90's...I'll add more shows Ren.

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Double Dare

GUTS

Legends of the Hidden Temple

Nick Arcade

How are you both forgetting Ren and Stimpy? That show was epic.

Archived