Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Champion Detroit Lions

royallypwned

Who would've ever thought that the last two undefeated teams in the league would be the defending Super Bowl champions and the....Detroit Lions?

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 12:05 AM ----------

Your boy is on ESPN right now RP. I'm filled with confidence just hearing his voice.

I can't believe so many folks are suprised that the Lions are undefeated. You could see this coming a mile away, with the way they ended last season. I totally expected them to be this good. The only thing that could slow them down going forward is if Stafford or Johnson go down.

I was one of the people who thought they'd be good before the season started, but not this good, this early. It's amazing. I would've expected this maybe a year or two from now, but they're already there. Theire only issue from here on out is complacency. They are going to the playoffs, and they will do damage when they get there.

I was one of the people who thought they'd be good before the season started, but not this good, this early. It's amazing. I would've expected this maybe a year or two from now, but they're already there. Theire only issue from here on out is complacency. They are going to the playoffs, and they will do damage when they get there.
It doesn't take long to go from the outhouse to the penthouse in the NFL. The way they closed last season, combined with the talent they have, I'm not at all surprised. I've said all along that if Stafford could stay healthy, this team could be very, very good. And they're a really fun team to watch.

It doesn't take long to go from the outhouse to the penthouse in the NFL. The way they closed last season, combined with the talent they have, I'm not at all surprised. I've said all along that if Stafford could stay healthy, this team could be very, very good. And they're a really fun team to watch.

Agreed. Nice to see some dominance in the NFC!

Yeah, I said the same thing, but again, I never expected them to be undefeated good through the quarterpole of the season.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 02:24 PM ----------

BTW, is it me or does Stafford sort of resemble a young Bill Clinton? :ols:

I am still not buying...

Will they make the playoffs? sure...

Will they get knocked off rather easily in the playoffs? My gut tells me... of course...

I think the story will be similar to Atlanta Falcons last year.

I completely disagree. The Lions of this year are almost opposite of what the Falcons were of last year.

The Falcons were able to run the ball down the throats of their opponents, had a fairly easy schedule, and were able to get by without an explosive offense. They're being exposed this year.

The Lions have a ridiculously explosive offense with Best, Megatron, Burleson, Titus Young and Pettigrew. Their offensive line has improved, and their defense is also insanely good. It reminds me a lot of how good the Giants D was during the 2007 playoffs.

If there's one thing that will be the Lions' Achilles heel, it will be their aggressiveness and inexperience. Last night's game showed that the defense is very prone to shooting itself in the foot.

I completely disagree. The Lions of this year are almost opposite of what the Falcons were of last year.

The Falcons were able to run the ball down the throats of their opponents, had a fairly easy schedule, and were able to get by without an explosive offense. They're being exposed this year.

The Lions have a ridiculously explosive offense with Best, Megatron, Burleson, Titus Young and Pettigrew. Their offensive line has improved, and their defense is also insanely good. It reminds me a lot of how good the Giants D was during the 2007 playoffs.

If there's one thing that will be the Lions' Achilles heel, it will be their aggressiveness and inexperience. Last night's game showed that the defense is very prone to shooting itself in the foot.

well I was not comparing the two teams in terms of playing style but based on having a good regular season record but only to get stumped in the playoffs...

Lions are 5-0 and you cant take it away from them but the schedule up to this point has not be very tough.

Week 1: TB

Solid win by the Lions but Tampa Bay is not having a good year. Looked nice in Week 1 but looking back this wasnt too impressive of a win.

Week 2: KC

Blew out a HORRIBLE KC team. KC team lost Jamal Charles for the year in the middle of the game.

Week 3: Minn

Went down by 20 points. Needed a mircle come back to win the game in OT.

Week 4: Dallas

Again went down by over 20 points. We know what happened after that. Was it the Lions or was it Romo sits to pee?

Week 5: Chicago

Solid Win but Bears had no chance due to inability of the Bears OL of protecting Cutler. Cutler hit all game but this has been happening in every single game this year.

Great that Lions are 5-0 but I am not too impressed with the team to declare them as Champions. I would still without any hesitation take the Packers and the Saints over the Lions right now.

well I was not comparing the two teams in terms of playing style but based on having a good regular season record but only to get stumped in the playoffs...

Lions are 5-0 and you cant take it away from them but the schedule up to this point has not be very tough.

Week 1: TB

Solid win by the Lions but Tampa Bay is not having a good year. Looked nice in Week 1 but looking back this wasnt too impressive of a win.

Week 2: KC

Blew out a HORRIBLE KC team. KC team lost Jamal Charles for the year in the middle of the game.

Week 3: Minn

Went down by 20 points. Needed a mircle come back to win the game in OT.

Week 4: Dallas

Again went down by over 20 points. We know what happened after that. Was it the Lions or was it Romo sits to pee?

Week 5: Chicago

Solid Win but Bears had no chance due to inability of the Bears OL of protecting Cutler. Cutler hit all game but this has been happening in every single game this year.

Great that Lions are 5-0 but I am not too impressed with the team to declare them as Champions. I would still without any hesitation take the Packers and the Saints over the Lions right now.

So only wins against the Packers and Patriots count?

• 2 months later...

Archived