Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Champion Detroit Lions

royallypwned

There are numerous reasons, but I'll start at the top. First off, he's from Dallas, but that just scrapes the surface. Stafford and I had mutual friends. He went to school at Highland Park HS, which is about a mile away from where I went to college (SMU), while I was there. He's a few years younger than me, but I knew a few people who knew him well at HP. I met him for the first time during his senior year of HS. Saw a few of his games that season with our mutual friends, and attended his state championship winning game. We had a few discussions every now and then. But what really put it over the top was when I found out he had decided to go to Georgia. I had already been a huge UGA fan for a long long time, and now Stafford was going there. So of course, while he was at UGA, I became even more of a Stafford fan than I already was while he was at HP. And when he made it to the NFL (which I knew was gonna happen after watching him in HS. Seriously, his arm strength is that good)...he became the first NFL player who I had known and conversed with before making it to the NFL. To sum it all up, he's a Dallas kid, played for my favorite college team, and is a fun guy to hang with.

HP is that ridiculously huge and expensive high school I see coming into dallas from I-20 right?

HP is that ridiculously huge and expensive high school I see coming into dallas from I-20 right?

nah, HP is nowhere near that. It is in the Park Cities more in the heart of Dallas.

I wish I could have seen the Lions game...or the Cowboys game for that matter. Something came up that caused me to have to travel on Sunday afternoon and miss all NFL action. :(

Please royally, you don't want to admit you saw your boy Stafford fail.

So much for 19-0! :rotflmao:

nah I only saw highlights later that night. I missed all but the first 8 minutes of the Cowboys game too. I had to drive up to Arkansas for a couple funerals, so I didn't get to see much of any NFL action. Stafford will go through the growing pains. He will be just fine.

nah I only saw highlights later that night. I missed all but the first 8 minutes of the Cowboys game too. I had to drive up to Arkansas for a couple funerals, so I didn't get to see much of any NFL action. Stafford will go through the growing pains. He will be just fine.
If he doesn't get slaughtered by 'Rak and Al first :evilg:

• 2 weeks later...
One win of many wins to come. Congrats Stafford on helping end the Lions streak. :applause:

Believe me when I say that I don't give a flying crap that his first win was against the Skins. It would be the same had he beat some other random team. I'm just happy he got a win. :)

<staff edit>

One win of many wins to come. Congrats Stafford on helping end the Lions streak. :applause:

Believe me when I say that I don't give a flying crap that his first win was against the Skins. It would be the same had he beat some other random team. I'm just happy he got a win. :)

Speak for yourself, I was rolling while I watched that game yesterday haha. I missed last weeks game too, had to download it from TYT, had to avoid ES ESPN and the like for 2 days so I didn't see the score :\

• 1 year later...

There is nothing better than Tecmo Super Bowl. :ols:

My favorite memory of that game was from a night when I was in my 2nd year of college (2004) and we were having an old school gaming night. I played Tecmo against a friend and I was on offense. I threw an interception and I guess my buddy wasn't prepared for the interception and was scrambling to start running the other way. Well somehow, and don't ask me how...but he threw the ball right back to my QB. Stunned, I threw it deep just before I was sacked and a receiver caught it and ran in for a touchdown. :ols:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions made the playoffs this year. While winning their division (with GB being the favorite and CHI being a likely contender, and MIN being an unknown) will be a tall order, snagging a wild card spot is certainly possible. The NFC West sucks, the East has lots of question marks, and the South is likely to beat itself up.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions made the playoffs this year. While winning their division (with GB being the favorite and CHI being a likely contender, and MIN being an unknown) will be a tall order, snagging a wild card spot is certainly possible. The NFC West sucks, the East has lots of question marks, and the South is likely to beat itself up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came in 2nd and won a playoff game or two.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived