Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Futurama is coming back

ixcuincle

Hilarious episode. I think this season has been solid so far--although the writers seem to have gotten into a habit of doing bizarre/random gags for no reason, like circus-itus. I laughed, but it was very bizarre and non-Futurama-like.

Very happy to have the show back.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Since no one has said it... The new futurama is awful. I absolutely hate it! I have been looking for a reason as to why it has gotten so bad. I thought it was new writers, new voices, or something. But its the same people. We already have every other show on comedy central spewing off jokes about sex and current events. What happened to jokes about the future and ridiculousness? That is what made futurama great. The comedy was high-brow. Now its the new family guy wrapped up in a futurama suit. Damnit. Bender sleeping with Amy? Zap sleeping with leela in front of fry? Bender dancing for a whole episode? Am I taking crazy pills here. They have single-handedly ruined everything futurama had going for it in 3 episodes. Or however many they have had.

The jokes are wrong. The story is wrong. The characters are off. It seems as if there is some higher ups saying the show has to be an exact copy of every other comedy central cartoon. i.e. family guy, south park, drawn together, etc. Its all the same crap now. What happened to decent writing. Does everything have to be shock humor? I thought that died out with KISS, Howard Stern, and Southpark. I dont care what you all say, the new futurama blows hard, and I for one would rather have seen the show just retire ala seinfeld, then see this travesty go on.

Ok. Since no one has said it... The new futurama is awful. I absolutely hate it! I have been looking for a reason as to why it has gotten so bad. I thought it was new writers' date=' new voices, or something. But its the same people. We already have every other show on comedy central spewing off jokes about sex and current events. What happened to jokes about the future and ridiculousness? That is what made futurama great. The comedy was high-brow. Now its the new family guy wrapped up in a futurama suit. Damnit. Bender sleeping with Amy? Zap sleeping with leela in front of fry? Bender dancing for a whole episode? Am I taking crazy pills here. They have single-handedly ruined everything futurama had going for it in 3 episodes. Or however many they have had.

The jokes are wrong. The story is wrong. The characters are off. It seems as if there is some higher ups saying the show has to be an exact copy of every other comedy central cartoon. i.e. family guy, south park, drawn together, etc. Its all the same crap now. What happened to decent writing. Does everything have to be shock humor? I thought that died out with KISS, Howard Stern, and Southpark. I dont care what you all say, the new futurama blows hard, and I for one would rather have seen the show just retire ala seinfeld, then see this travesty go on.[/quote']

They're still entertaining, the last 2 very good episodes, in fact.

Last one was great.

I agree. The most recent episode was great! Just like the old episodes.

I think the comedy central episodes started off a little shakey...it seemed to me that they were trying too hard to be "edgy" for the Comedy Central crowd. But the writers seem to have settled down a bit, and the last few episodes have been really really good. (The gay marriage episode and the Hermes/Bender adventure episode being my favorites.)

The popplers episode where Smelly Hippie is hit by a brick for trying to convert meat lovers into tofu or vegans was funny. and the other tear jerker was Fry at tomb on Mars and found out the other Phillip J Fry was his nephew named to carry on his spirit.

Come on who did not think the Professor trying to take out Hitler with a ray gun was funny?

Oops! I hit Eleanor Roosevelt by mistake!

That had me cracking up like crazy, as well as the thing where the humans had split into brainy ones and brutes that live underground and they come back in 5 years for their time machine and the brutes had crushed the brainy society.

• 3 weeks later...

dIgAC.png

http://www.geekosystem.com/futurama-prisoner-of-benda-theory/

We all knew the writing staff of Futurama was brainy, but this is something else. To work out the ridiculous brain switching plot line from last night’s hilarious episode, writer Ken Keeler (who also just happens to have a PhD in mathematics) ended up writing and proving an entirely new theorem.

Mind%20Blown.jpg

• 9 months later...

And while Futurama may be good humor and all it also has its serious moments which really bring you close to tears. The Fry's Dog episode is one of the saddest cartoons I've seen. As a man you try to tell yourself that you can take it but that episode is simply heart-wrenching, I can't watch it again

Agreed 100%. Thinking back on that one right now makes my heart hurt.

Archived