Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ran into Marcus Washington and Khary Campbell

MWCREDSKINS

They were both at a restaurant in Ashburn sitting at seperate tables. Khary was with his family sp O didn't bug him much but I asked him if he had signed with the Bears and he said that deal fell through and hopefully someone will sing him.

Marcus told me a couple teams are looking at him but I didn't ask him to tell me who. He did tell me he'd retire before he'd become a Cowboy. He also said the thing he'll misss most about DC is the fans.

Both these guys have been class Skins for 5 seasons and I wish them well

I think Washington's ego has blown up to the point that he thinks he deserves some huge contract. He was a good player when he first came here and so on for a few seasons, but he better not expect a few million a year from any team in the NFL, it's just unrealistic and a pipe dream for someone who is injury prone and a bit on the older side...

I hope the Redskins can come into talks with him again because I think he could still start here and he is familiar with the system, but I don't think Washington should turn his nose up to the Redskins offer because I haven't seen any other teams make a big push for him. :2cents:

i wish we hadnt gotten rid of khary campbell.

We didn't get rid of him exactly, just didn't want to give him a ton of money. I would rather go with the younger guys. We know what K. Campbell has...not much other than special teams value. Why not go with these young LBs who are special team standouts that have more of a potential upside.

We didn't get rid of him exactly, just didn't want to give him a ton of money. I would rather go with the younger guys. We know what K. Campbell has...not much other than special teams value. Why not go with these young LBs who are special team standouts that have more of a potential upside.

i agree, guys like khary campbell have taken up valuable roster spots long enough to only play on special teams and not be an every down player on defense. id rather develop some young guys to fill that role who could possibly be every down players in a couple years. james thrash falls in that category also

I'm going to go ahead and ask another question since we're on the topic of letting players go. This may be a dumb question but why didn't the skins attempt to receive any sort of compensation for Jansen? Was it his contract?

I'm wondering if you saw them at the Dock in Asburn? That seems to be where I run into skins the most. Great food!

I can't start a new thread, but since this one has to do with recently departed skins players, I thought it interesting to hear that some of our defensive players were not present at the offseason workouts. I do recall that the reason Jason Taylor didn't sign was the front office created a stipulation the he would be required to attend offseason workouts.

Seeing that I think Jason Taylor is a *****, I have to give the front office credit. They probably knew that Jason's little ***** ass heart was not pumping an ounce of burgundy and gold and in a very professional way, told him to get the **** out!!

I can't start a new thread, but since this one has to do with recently departed skins players, I thought it interesting to hear that some of our defensive players were not present at the offseason workouts. I do recall that the reason Jason Taylor didn't sign was the front office created a stipulation the he would be required to attend offseason workouts.

Seeing that I think Jason Taylor is a *****, I have to give the front office credit. They probably knew that Jason's little ***** ass heart was not pumping an ounce of burgundy and gold and in a very professional way, told him to get the **** out!!

I just figured Jason Taylor's $8m salary into the team worth - .008%

That's what we got out him.

I'm going to go ahead and ask another question since we're on the topic of letting players go. This may be a dumb question but why didn't the skins attempt to receive any sort of compensation for Jansen? Was it his contract?

You're kidding, right? Teams don't ever trade for vet min type players and Jansen got vet min from the worst team in history so yeah, even the oft mentioned ham sammich would've been overboard in this situation.

Glad Campbell is gone. He took up a roster spot for years when all he was is a ST player. That comment he made about us drafting LBs in the 5th and 6th rounds still rubs me the wrong way.

Actually he filled in at LB a few times. Knock special teams all you want but they are very important and losing both Campbell and probably James Thrash is going to kill our special teams coverage

Love the Washington quote about the Cowboys.

I wish we would give him a bit to come back. Doesn't have to be a ton, just maybe a notch above Vet Minimum so he can feel like he's at least getting a bit of respect.

I'd MUCH rather him be there at SLB, even if its just for 8 games, and have Orakpo sitting pretty at DE rather than seeing Orakpo playing at LB.

Actually he filled in at LB a few times. Knock special teams all you want but they are very important and losing both Campbell and probably James Thrash is going to kill our special teams coverage

Couldn't be much worse than last year... :mad:

Archived