Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The upside to Michael Vick playing for the Redskins.

kiingspadee

Does dog fighting=character issues on a football team? I don't like dog fighting, but Ray Lewis killed a dude and he was just fine.

Pretty sure just about anyone would have gone to prison for being the head of a criminal organization and committing multiple felonies.

I could be wrong though.

Vick wasn't good? Let's be honest, you're not the highest paid player in the NFL for nothing. Vick took the falcons and turned them around almost single handed. What exactly were the falcons doing before Vick? This guy has done the time for the crime and I for one would be pumped to have him in the BandG. Think about it, what's our plan if Campbell doesn't pan out next year? Brennan? PLEASE!!!! Or we'll just end up throwing a rookie in there like we've done so many times before. At least signing Vick would afford us some type of security at QB, not to mention adding one of the most dynamic playmakers the NFL has ever seen.

im willing to give vick a second chance , he did serve real time for his crime, quote]

Let's be honest for a second here...

If it were you or I, would we be out of prison yet? I think not!

yes infact we would have been out sooner just like the other guys in this case were out months before Vick. He did more time because he was "Vick" also he is better than any of our back ups period that's the upside.

im willing to give vick a second chance , he did serve real time for his crime, quote]

Let's be honest for a second here...

If it were you or I, would we be out of prison yet? I think not!

you would have been out sooner. They made an example out of the guy for his star status.

I don't think that any team could win with Vick, there would be way to many off-field distractions that would come along with his presence.

Before the dog-fighting scandal broke, did Vick really cause that many off-field distractions? Maybe some, but I don't think it was anything near T.O.-esque. Atlanta adored him. I'm perfectly willing to give Vick a second chance, and I would even be ok with seeing him in a Redskins uniform, but not this year--this is Campbell's year to show whether or not he's our franchise QB. If the Campbell experiment fails this year and Vick isn't reinstated or picked up until next offseason, then it'd be near impossible for Danny Boy to resist...

We're all assuming Vick hasn't lost a step since he was suspended and in prison. Maybe he's in horrible shape for where he would need to be. Maybe he lost "it" in these couple years away from the game, and can't play anymore, or at least at the level he was at. If he can't run around like he used to and has to turn into more of a pocket QB, he'll be awful. The only thing Vick brings to the game is his ability to run around, but there's a chance he can't do that anymore.

Second, I don't see any way that Vick will be a full time QB. He'll either change positions entirely, or end up as a wildcat QB. I don't think we need that, Zorn has said he doesn't want to use the wildcat even with ARE, and just as other people said, we absolutely do not need all the baggage which would come with Vick.

I think he should go to the Patriots or one of those kinds of teams that does well in rehabilitating the image and performance of written-off players.

yes infact we would have been out sooner just like the other guys in this case were out months before Vick. He did more time because he was "Vick" also he is better than any of our back ups period that's the upside.

BS. He did the time because everyone else copped pleas with the feds prior to him being backed against the wall and having to plea guilty. HE held out thinking he was untouchable and got to watch his "friends" get out early due to their deals.

The fact is that it is a felony, and if he wasn't a celeb with the money to blow on attorneys, he, like the rest of us, would have had to due the minimum sentence, which is SEVEN YEARS.

BS. He did the time because everyone else copped pleas with the feds prior to him being backed against the wall and having to plea guilty. HE held out thinking he was untouchable and got to watch his "friends" get out early due to their deals.

The fact is that it is a felony, and if he wasn't a celeb with the money to blow on attorneys, he, like the rest of us, would have had to due the minimum sentence, which is SEVEN YEARS.

Not true at all one person pled and the other didnt I have friends who are very into fighting dogs and have been caught and do not have the money of a Vick and hasn't done the time... hell most of the time they just take the dogs and give a nice probation to the people cause but never even close to a seven year sentence

I think he should go to the Patriots or one of those kinds of teams that does well in rehabilitating the image and performance of written-off players.

I thought the same thing. I was not that huge of a Vick fan before his downfall, and I'm certainly not now. But, unfortunately the law(& $) is going to allow him to come back to the NFL. I feel he should have served at least another year, but I'm sure his name helped him with that. The Patriots are the only team I could see him going to and being able to somewhat repair his image with the ones who have problems with him. They have a very good organization that I wish we could learn from. I myself hope he does not get reinstated but also would not mind seeing him get blindsided by (enter your hard-hitter here).

:thumbsup:

I myself hope he does not get reinstated but also would not mind seeing him get blindsided by (enter your hard-hitter here).

I think he should get reinstated because people deserve second chances. How many drunk drivers, drug abusers, thieves, domestic abusers, etc. have been given second chances? Pacman got more chances than everyone else put together. You can go back and forth on whether his name helped or hurt him, but a big reason he wouldn't be reinstated is because he's so well known and Goodell doesn't want that kind of publicity.

Then again, it'll take a lot to convince people that he's sincere in regretting what he did. I find it hard to believe that in a relatively short period of time, one can go from setting dogs to kill one another, killing dogs themselves and forcing them to mate, to denouncing any kind of animal abuse and wanting to be pro-active in PETA or the ASPCA. It does seem a little convenient, especially before he went to jail, that he 'saw the light.' Maybe he did learn something or have an epiphany, but if he's just faking it to get back into football, which will probably be easy for Roger Goodell to tell, no way should he be reinstated.

And aside from even dogfighting, Vick has done questionable things. I don't think he has any use for the Redskins on the field, but he really doesn't need to be here for all the off-the-field stuff. He gave the finger to the crowd, there was that marijuana thing at the airport and the people he hung out with were pretty shady.

I think Campbell deserves one last shot, but if Dan signs Vick he must really hate Colt. I think over the past few months it's looked bad for Campbell but looked even worse for Colt's ability.

Brennan is the 3rd string QB. Listen to yourself. Do you really care about the 3rd string QB's feelings? His job security is nil, he's earned nothing. Regardless of what we think about any of our QBs, I'll never understand why people on here don't save their loyalty for players who actually give us something like Santana Moss.

Reading through the postings it seems as there some people who didn't tune in to the player most fans wanted to watch. Point blank when asked who is the most exciting player in the L, it was Vick. That was from fans, and peers alike. Would he make a good Redskin? IDK but it wouldn't hurt to take a chance. One thing is for certain, PETA will be there, oh wait the HQ is in Norfolk, VA about 10 mins from his house so they're aware of his every move already. The media, oh they'll be there as well who wouldn't cover his comeback game. The cost would be relatively cheap for the position with tremendous potential upside. If you dont think some of our very own players don't have skeletons in their closet, your wrong. "See First 48, Miami-Dade County" Never the less, the time he got was not for Dog Fighting it was for Intrastate Commerce of a Criminal Organization, bank rolling a dog fighting organization. For those folks who are still nay-sayers and stuck on stupid turn POLICE and fight the drug dealers, drunk drivers, scammers ect., ect., ect.

Im tired of hearing that Vick can be a backup. Not the NFL he can...Michale Vick is either a starting QB or he doesnt play. I would HATE to have him as my backup, as a backuop you should be fundamentally sound and be able to make basic plays, you shouldnt be a novelty.

Vick is a novelty player, he doesnt possess the skills to be a back up quarterback.

What position can he play other than QB??

I've heard that he can play other spots but is that true or is it all hype?

Why would you wanna make somebody thats been playing the same position all his life play another position just cause he's been out a couple seasons? Thats just retarded. Nobody asked Kurt Warner or Doug Flutie to play another position

Why would a team sign Vick?

In his last three years, he threw 49 TD's and 38 INT's.

In his last three years, his completion percentage is around 54%.

In his last three years, his QB rating is around 76.

In his last three years, he averaged around 2400 yds/season.

In his last three years, the elusive Vick was sacked 124 times.

Are those numbers worth the headaches? He was never a good QB.

I hope all you Vick supporters rot in hell!

Thanks for adding something to the conversation. Your opinion is highly valued here.

Like I said in another thread. I was once completely against Michael Vick. I have reconsidered my position on this though. If anybody deserves a second chance, Michael Vick does. He could be an awesome quarterback, he could be an abysmal quarterback. You'll never know until it happens... and it will happen.

If he played for the Redskins, there are certain things I could overlook because he was on my team. I could overlook these things even more if he was winning games for us.

No joke, I think everyone else would overlook those things as well if he were winning games in the burgundy and gold.

Archived