Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The upside to Michael Vick playing for the Redskins.

kiingspadee

3 pro bowls, 1 conference championship, another playoff appearance, and a Espy Best NFL Player Award says otherwise.

Vick set a record three times for going to the Pro Bowl with the lowest QB rating of any qb to ever make the pro bowl. I wouldn't say he earned those pro bowls with his arm. He sucks as a qb and his running abilities have dimminished.

Vick set a record three times for going to the Pro Bowl with the lowest QB rating of any qb to ever make the pro bowl. I wouldn't say he earned those pro bowls with his arm. He sucks as a qb and his running abilities have dimminished.

Okay, lets say just for fun, his pro bowl appearances are tarnished. Could you explain to me how me the Atlanta Falcons made it to the NFC Championship in 2004?

1. You have to take into consideration that MICHAEL VICK's receivers constantly drop passes.

2. Is Jason Campbells accuracy any better.

3. He is the dual threat we need.

1. Coincidentally, these are the same receivers (Jenkins and White) who are tearing it up in Atlanta with a real QB throwing them passes.

2. Yes. While they have the practically the same amount of Yards per Attempt career wise (Vick's 6.6 to Campbell's 6.5) Campbell's career completion % is 60.5, while Vick's is a whopping 53.7.

3. The only "dual threat" QB who is actually any good today is Roethilsberger, and McNabb at one point was a dual threat when he was younger. Other than that, dual threat QB's typically do not work out because most QBs that are athletic rely upon their legs too much. There's a reason why QBs like Steve Young and Warren Moon were so celebrated, in that they not only could throw, but could run.

Vick at QB here would be a disaster. Plain and simple. And don't use the offensive line excuse, because that's reserved for our very own Mr. Campbell.

Okay, lets say just for fun, his pro bowl appearances are tarnished. Could you explain to me how me the Atlanta Falcons made it to the NFC Championship in 2004?

Vick completed only 56% of his passes for 2300 yards and 14 TDs and 12 INTs that year. He ran for 900 yards and 3 TDs.

Gee whiz, I don't see how he didn't win the MVP that year with those astonishing numbers.

Vick completed only 56% of his passes for 2300 yards and 14 TDs and 12 INTs that year. He ran for 900 yards and 3 TDs.

Gee whiz, I don't see how he didn't win the MVP that year with those astonishing numbers.

Okay then Mr. Sarcastic, you still didn't explain to me how the Atlanta Falcons made it to the NFC Championship. And need I remind you that MICHAEL VICK was the last QB to carry them to the NFC Championship. Something that Matt Ryan, who Jenkins and White is so called tearing up the league with, has yet to do.

This would be perfect.

Indians would be suing us because of our name.

PETA would be suing us because of Vick.

May as well change the logo to a Swastika. Then whoever's left can hate us.

The final piece in the transformation into the Raiders of the East. Reputation as well as deeds.

Gibbs would be rolling in his grave if he were dead.

Okay then Mr. Sarcastic, you still didn't explain to me how the Atlanta Falcons made it to the NFC Championship. And need I remind you that MICHAEL VICK was the last QB to carry them to the NFC Championship. Something that Matt Ryan, who Jenkins and White is so called tearing up the league with, has yet to do.

Its Matt Ryan's second year. Vick didn't take them to the Championship his first season either.

Sure they made it to the 2004 Championship game, but IMO that was on the strength of their running game, including Vick, and not Vick's passing skills. Hell they ran for almost more yards than they passed for.

The blowout against the Rams in the Divisional playoffs, the Falcons had 327 rushing yards, and 232 special team yards. Vick only had a total of 201 yards (including 119 rushing yards, as in not even 100 yards passing).

He didn't pass for a TD in the Championship game, Dunn ran one and they had a FG.

The Eagles dominated the second half, forcing Atlanta to punt on every possession except one which resulted in an interception, and their last one, which ended when they turned the ball over on downs.

Its Matt Ryan's second year. Vick didn't take them to the Championship his first season either.

Sure they made it to the 2004 Championship game, but IMO that was on the strength of their running game, including Vick, and not Vick's passing skills. Hell they ran for almost more yards than they passed for.

The blowout against the Rams in the Divisional playoffs, the Falcons had 327 rushing yards, and 232 special team yards. Vick only had a total of 201 yards (including 119 rushing yards, as in not even 100 yards passing).

He didn't pass for a TD in the Championship game, Dunn ran one and they had a FG.

The Eagles dominated the second half, forcing Atlanta to punt on every possession except one which resulted in an interception, and their last one, which ended when they turned the ball over on downs.

Bah-yow!

Mr. Sarcastic, 1. hogs87, Nuffin.

One of the telling things about Vick is that whenever he is brought up, everyone talks about how he will help your running game, and not your passing game. Mind you, this is a guy who plays the position of QB, whose job is to THROW the football and run only when it's necessary. Vick was an exciting guy to watch because he could run in ways most QBs cannot. But when a good defense played him correctly and contained his runs, he rarely beat anyone with his arm.

In addition to what Sandman said they had a decent defense.

#14 overall. Kearny had 13 sacks. A couple DBs had 2 or more INTs.

Vick had a 56% completion rate, 14 tds, 12 ints, sacked 46 times for a loss of 266 yards, and a rating of 78.1. He had an average of 144 yards a game passing.

The Falcons had 3 ruchers over 500 yards. Vick had 909 and 3 tds. Dunn had 9 and Duckett had 8. They won 4 games by 1 points or more but an overwhelming majority of their wins were by 1 score or less.

In the game against the Rams Vick had 82 yards passing and 2 TDs. Dunn had 2 rushing TDs. Duckett had 1 and one was a punt return.

Vick was a greater rusher than passer. He averaged more yards per rush than per pass.

He is not a good QB.

I hope one day we can have a franchise QB so we don't have to have a segment of the fans hope we sign a piece of garbage (as a person as well as a QB) like Vick.

Atlanta has already forgotten him and now see what it's like to have a real franchise QUARTERBACK behind center.

I hope one day we can have that.

Let me see we have probably a bunch of blue collar workers , dr's, construction workers, attorneys,students. etc .....that never played football and have no clue on how to judge talent and say Vick cant do this and he cant do that, lol....... You guys have no clue or you would be a NFL scout . Never underestimate a mans will and heart especially his body of work in the NFL. JC god bless him has had alot of coaches and offenses but by now he should be showing improvement and he has not time to move on . Vick IS better that JC and should not even be a discussion.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That's funny as hell. You have seen him play QB this season, right?

I have not but I have seen JC and all the open receivers running down the field

Let me see we have probably a bunch of blue collar workers , dr's, construction workers, attorneys,students. etc .....that never played football and have no clue on how to judge talent and say Vick cant do this and he cant do that, lol....... You guys have no clue or you would be a NFL scout .[/Quote]

Fair enough. We are all unqualified to evaluate Vick, JC, and NFL talent otherwise. If we were qualified, you're right, we would be NFL scouts. So no one on here should be able to make statements about whether or not one is better than the other, whether certain players are NFL caliber, or whether players are doing their jobs correctly. Right? That is what you're saying?

Never underestimate a mans will and heart especially his body of work in the NFL. JC god bless him has had alot of coaches and offenses but by now he should be showing improvement and he has not time to move on . Vick IS better that JC and should not even be a discussion.

:doh:

A quarter of the players in the league dont deserve it but there in the league.

I have not but I have seen JC and all the open receivers running down the field

So you must be an NFL scout, right?

Or are you just a hypocrite?

Archived